Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Ffs are we really going to spend £30M on Deeney? I get he fits the system and everything, but that's a **** ton of money and just encouraging other clubs to rip us off for players we want. If another club was bidding £15M on Deeney we'd all have a laugh. 

What the **** is happening

I hope this is paper BS. This is equivalent to paying over the odds for Sterling/Carroll/Lambert/Akinbiyi.

Please go get Slimani - please.

I would bet that it is nowhere near 30 million. I would also bet that the previous bids have been nowhere near there estimated levels.

It sounds like they were a 'package' with add-ons etc but it's still cray-cray.

It's not our money, chaps. £30million is very extravagant, but he's clearly been identified as someone who will fit into our system and improve it - and I agree with that. Besides, it'll probably be£20million odd with a f*** tone of add-ons anyway. The owners have the money, we really want the player, let's get him. Nobody will care how much he cost when he bags a hat-trick on his debut ;)

certainly from a credible source there in John Percy, but £30mill on Deeney, while I rate him, i woudlnt pat £30mil for him, max £10mil

this rate we'll be spending £100mil in the transfer window lol

We could easily spend that if you look at income. Said it a month ago but didn't think we would. Profit the other year of £30m, another £60m extra this year plus the new TV contract serving up another £30m minimum this season.

Quite possible we'd have £120m sat in the bank come end of next season if we spent nothing.

Guest CityFan 06

@@aefevans

I noticed you posted about what PL champions spend, well I did do a quick bit of research on this and this is the best result I could get.

It's not specific to PL champions but it shows some in there who have won the title before and their spend overall in the last 5 years (depending when the article was written).

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

It's not our money, chaps. £30million is very extravagant, but he's clearly been identified as someone who will fit into our system and improve it - and I agree with that. Besides, it'll probably be£20million odd with a f*** tone of add-ons anyway. The owners have the money, we really want the player, let's get him. Nobody will care how much he cost when he bags a hat-trick on his debut ;)

I'm a season ticket holder so yes I do contribute to the team might only by a little. You probably don't living in Devon. I've been contributing since 1985

It'll be full of add ons like someone's said already. Can't see us handing over more than £15M straight up. He'd be brilliant for us though, Champions League defenses aren't going to know what's hit them...or ran past them!

Should imagine the fee would be spread out over his 3 or 4 year contract, even though it's stupid money it's small compared to what staying in the premier gets you .

I actually don't think that would be the case. I'd imagine we'd ask for the entire fee (or at least the vast bulk of it) in one go. Otherwise I fail to see how we can bring in a like-for-like or someone better straight away if we're just given installments over the course of years. I know we'd still have £120m or whatever it is from TV money, but still.

Guest CityFan 06

I rate Deeney, I really do, but I'm concerned at how we will evenly spread the cost through all the areas if the deal happens for that price. Not implying I don't trust our recruitment team, just worried we might be paying 30m for only one player in one area. Not expecting cheaper deals though as you have to pay for quality I suppose. 

Looking ahead, if Deeney were to score 20+ goals next season for us, surely his value will rise highly once again, perhaps up to 40m+ and then we will look back at this thinking Troy was a very worthwhile investment, it's possible.

Archived