Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I suppose when your a club not used to spending this type of money it can seem a bit scary, I personally can't see how the hell he's worth that type of money but we can definitely afford it, so if walshy says he's worth it it gets my backing. 

Up the foxes

I actually don't think that would be the case. I'd imagine we'd ask for the entire fee (or at least the vast bulk of it) in one go. Otherwise I fail to see how we can bring in a like-for-like or someone better straight away if we're just given installments over the course of years. I know we'd still have £120m or whatever it is from TV money, but still.

Almost all transfers are paid in instalments.

We've been trying to sign Deeney for a long while..

Didn't we offer £15m when he was a championship player?

He proved himself in the PL last season, you can't argue with that!

Sod the amount he's costing...

Get the deal over the line!

I know it's only the Mirror, but they're reporting that Deeney wants talks with Watford regarding our interest in him.

Exactly, The Club should sit tight and let Deeney force Watfords hand. I'm sure his salary wouldn't  be  problem as I doubt if he's on much more than 30 k with Watford. 

Think your spot on with that statement,if it sez 30 mill you can be sure it's more around 20 mill

Think you're both being a bit hopeful there. Why would you just assume we're paying less than has been widely reported?

Think you're both being a bit hopeful there. Why would you just assume we're paying less than has been widely reported?

Wouldn't say they are being hopeful. A deal of this size will more than likely consist of various add ons for things such a winning the league, number of appearances etc only if all those things happened would the final fee come to £30m

Say we sign him for 30 mil; what do you guys think would be a successful season for him? We assume Vardy and Mahrez will still be taking the penalties so baring that in mind what kind of stat line would you be content with for a 30 mil player? 

Say we sign him for 30 mil; what do you guys think would be a successful season for him? We assume Vardy and Mahrez will still be taking the penalties so baring that in mind what kind of stat line would you be content with for a 30 mil player?

20 goals at least. I will be seriously disappointed if we spend £30m on Deeney. There really must be better options out there for that amount of money. I trust Walsh but this is seriously crazy if it's true

It willonly be £30m with add one, like reaching semis of champion league, or finishing in top 4, or deeney making England team etc.

Otherwise £30m just wouldn't make sense. He's worth half that. I could see us paying upto £20m upfront but no more than that unless its these add on follow up payments down the line based on certain conditions being met.

It willonly be £30m with add one, like reaching semis of champion league, or finishing in top 4, or deeney making England team etc.

Otherwise £30m just wouldn't make sense. He's worth half that. I could see us paying upto £20m upfront but no more than that unless its these add on follow up payments down the line based on certain conditions being met.

We should chuck in ridiculous add-ons like us winning the league, lol....

More seriously, does anyone know if we've had to pay specific bonuses or add-ons to anyone for winning the league? Before last season, it would surely have been crazy to even consider that as part of compensation for a player or team.

20 goals at least. I will be seriously disappointed if we spend £30m on Deeney. There really must be better options out there for that amount of money. I trust Walsh but this is seriously crazy if it's true

Doubt he'll get 20 goals if he's asked to play the Okazaki role.

We want someone to link play and get some assists from there, something Okazaki never did.

I'd be more than happy if he had an assists/goals contribution up around the 20-25 mark in total.

Around 10 assists and 10 goals (without pens) would be a pretty big upgrade on 0 assists and 5 goals. and would put his contribution in lot the same bracken as the likes of Alli.

People with anything above a 25 goal/assist combined contribution would be costing you 40/50/60m. As they are the likes of Kane, Mahrez, Ozil, Aguero, Lukaku.

No way we are gonna pay 30mil for deeney. just another baseless rumour that somehow gathered some traction

I really hope your right, 30 million is laughable, for a player that had one good season in the prem, and looking at prices of other players like salimi, I would rather take a punt at 20 odd million.

Deeney will only make the England team if he signs for the mighty Spuds!

Just pretend he's costing us £7 million, it's not our money. It'll make you feel better.

I know it's a different time and owners, but we all saw what Peter Taylor did to the club, buying players at silly over priced fee's, with no resale value.

Archived