Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Leo plus 18.5m for Deeney

They want Leo but won't give us Deeney and anymore than 5m.

I would be happy just to swap them lol lol lol

Leo plus 18.5m for Deeney

They want Leo but won't give us Deeney and anymore than 5m.

I would be happy just to swap them lol lol lol

Do we buy the rights to Deeney Day© with the player?

The stumbling block is they want to keep them as it is the greatest day ever for Watford.

But we want it removed from history.

Rumour has it if they keep Deeney day we only have to pay them 50 quid.

Our owners told em to fvck off. lol lol lol

Couldn't agree more! I genuinely can't think of another player who'd be more likely to improve last season's team than Deeney.

Pinch yourselves, that was a title winning team. We'd be better if we added Deeney, which for the Champions and CL competitors should be enough, shouldn't it?

I also share the poster's belief that we could have another very special season if we sign Deeney- and keep our 'big three'!

What we've done is something that other clubs have been searchinng for for years. Man Utd found it under Ferguson all those years ago.

That something is the perfect formula for success. Owners, backroom staff, management, playing staff.

Now that we've found that formula, all we need to do, is enhance and repeat. The cost is meaningless because of the wealth of the owners and the tv and prize money we'll now get.

Deeney enhances the formula so £30m buys you that enhancement.

We need to stop looking at the name of a player, rather the skill set he brings.

Deeney is Okazaki but with greater physical attributes. Its as simple as that. Just as Keane is a younger Morgan and Dunk is a younger Huth.

The formula stays the same, you just look for the same skills to match the formula and hopefully enhance them with additional attributes or a younger age.

All this talk of £30m being too much for Deeney is now irrelevant. He upgrades the team. Case closed.

Let Arsenal or whoever buy someone else for £10m that people would see as better business. They'll still ultimately fail as their overall model is wrong whereas ours is right.

We'll win something else next year and this talk of overspending will be long forgotten.

Worrying thing is the wages we would have to pay for a man that cost 3 times our record signing, they know the figures being talked about for Vardy and Mahrez etc so unless the agent is shit, Deeney should be looking at a similar figure

Spot on. Pay the transfer fee, it's staggered and there are ways to offset outgoings v assets.

IE; one 30 mill player and one free transfer = 30mill sell on for both.

Wages however are taxed and must be documented for all to see. 11 players on 100K a week is a set 60million p.a. and that's just basic pay without the bonuses. The worrying thing is wages because we will be monitored on the Premier League short term financial controls and as we all know high wages and looming relegation = administration.

Solution; don't get relegated.

Accumulation; keep Champions League and do what the fvck you want.

Worrying thing is the wages we would have to pay for a man that cost 3 times our record signing, they know the figures being talked about for Vardy and Mahrez etc so unless the agent is shit, Deeney should be looking at a similar figure

From what I have been told of we double his wage it will only be 60k at most a week

But maybe our resident bee could tell us more on that.

From what I have been told of we double his wage it will only be 60k at most a week

But maybe our resident bee could tell us more on that.

I'm not sure exactly how much Troy is on, but he is the highest-paid player in the Pozzo empire (including Udinese). I'd say 30k is a decent guess, but that's all it is.

Interestingly, Di Natale was formerly the highest player at Udinese, and that was only on the equivalent of about 10k a week. Unfortunately you can't be competitive in the Premier League for that much.

Archived