Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I can just see Ulloa going somewhere, either on-loan or permanently.

We need strikers that can do more than just keep the ball and shoot, someone who actually organises the strikeforce.

Yes and Okazaki wasn't great at it... I'd rather sign someone on the basis of them being able to play in the position we're going to play them.

We'll never know what the plan was for Okazaki as he was signed for Pearson.

i'd say in a Pearson side he was the Nugent in a two mine strike partnership.

I'd pay £30 million, he had the same total assists and goals as Payet (21), more than Costa, Sanchez, Mane and Alli. He will contribute to 25+ goals with a much better team around him, people are blinded because he plays for Watford. I can see Walsh's thinking behind this. How much would a foreign player cost to score 15-20 goals and have 10+ assists?!

Great post and I agree with it all

I'm actually not. Whilst Mahrez & others have been fantastic for us ON THE BALL, Okazaki's work OFF THE BALL has been just as important. Now go watch our 68 goals on youtube, Okazaki is involved in nearly a third of them, either through running to create space, movement, positioning, assisting or scoring:

• Vardys 1st Vs Sunderland - Shinji's run in the box takes the defender away

• Albrighton Vs Sunderland - Shinji's movement creates havoc in Sunderland's defence allowing Albrighton to score

• okazaki goal vs west ham

• Mahrez goal vs west ham - played in marc Albrighton to assist Mahrez

• Mahrez goal vs Tottenham - Shinji's run takes the a defender away, creating more space for Mahrez

• vardy vs arsenal - his run, means the defender can’t move towards vardy to block his shot

• schlupp vs Norwich - won the ball back to set up the counter

• okazaki goal vs Newcastle

• okazaki wins penalty vs everton

• okazaki goal vs everton

• everton, vardy wins penalty, okazaki’s run pulls defender away for vardy giving him space to run behind

• okazaki goal vs aston villa

• okazaki shot assists vardy for 2nd goal vs Liverpool

• huth 1st goal vs man city, okazaki holds off the defender at front post giving huth space to run into

• Mahrez goal vs man city, Okazaki's runs to the left allows Mahrez to cut in to score on his right foot

• Mahrez goal vs palace, okazaki’s run take one defender away, creating space for Mahrez to run into

• morgan goal vs Southampton, okazaki’s run makes two defenders follow him, giving Morgan space to head the cross in

• king goal vs west brom, okazaki’s run down the left wing means Albrighton has room to cut in on his right foot & cross to Mahrez who assists king

• morgan goal vs man united, okazaki’s run at the last second distracts de gea & stops him from getting close to the ball

• andy king goal vs everton, okazaki’s run occupys the main center back who can’t get out in time to block king’s shot

So 21/68 goals, Okazaki is involved in & helped create and to be honest I probably even missed some out. So for those underestimating Okazaki's influence in our attacking play just take a look at that list. ON THE BALL he can be improved on, no doubt. But his work OFF THE BALL will be much harder to replace.

And that's just goal scored. Who knows how many chances we have created due to Okazaki's work off the ball. Probably 100.

Wow time to start an Okazaki Appreciation page!

He is without a doubt a very understated player but just frustrating to watch when he falls over, fails to get into right positions to score!

I'm actually not. Whilst Mahrez & others have been fantastic for us ON THE BALL, Okazaki's work OFF THE BALL has been just as important. Now go watch our 68 goals on youtube, Okazaki is involved in nearly a third of them, either through running to create space, movement, positioning, assisting or scoring:

• Albrighton Vs Sunderland - Shinji's movement creates havoc in Sunderland's defence allowing Albrighton to score

• Mahrez goal vs Tottenham - Shinji's run takes the a defender away, creating more space for Mahrez

• vardy vs arsenal - his run, means the defender can’t move towards vardy to block his shot

• everton, vardy wins penalty, okazaki’s run pulls defender away for vardy giving him space to run behind

• huth 1st goal vs man city, okazaki holds off the defender at front post giving huth space to run into

• Mahrez goal vs man city, Okazaki's runs to the left allows Mahrez to cut in to score on his right foot

• Mahrez goal vs palace, okazaki’s run take one defender away, creating space for Mahrez to run into

• morgan goal vs Southampton, okazaki’s run makes two defenders follow him, giving Morgan space to head the cross in

• king goal vs west brom, okazaki’s run down the left wing means Albrighton has room to cut in on his right foot & cross to Mahrez who assists king

• morgan goal vs man united, okazaki’s run at the last second distracts de gea & stops him from getting close to the ball

• andy king goal vs everton, okazaki’s run occupys the main center back who can’t get out in time to block king’s shot

So 21/68 goals, Okazaki is involved in & helped create and to be honest I probably even missed some out. So for those underestimating Okazaki's influence in our attacking play just take a look at that list. ON THE BALL he can be improved on, no doubt. But his work OFF THE BALL will be much harder to replace.

And that's just goal scored. Who knows how many chances we have created due to Okazaki's work off the ball. Probably 100.

Wow time to start an Okazaki Appreciation page!

He is without a doubt a very understated player but just frustrating to watch when he falls over, fails to get into right positions to score!

Deeney will have to hand in a transfer request. I have said it before, he is not worth £32m, I thought  £20m, but with the TV deal inflated prices £25 at a push

There are better prospects out there , younger , possibly cheaper

I would love to see him down here, but not at that price. I hope city tie up another attacker.

As for people rubbishing what Okazaki and Ulloa did, the post by foxes21 was excellent.

Lets not forget how much unsung heroes like these 2 brought to the overall success. You need workhorses in your squad.

Shinji frustrated me at many times, but so did Mahrez. Other times like West Ham away first game he was terrific.

So players such as Albrighton, Simpson, Huth, Ulloa , Amartey and Gray were all instrumental in the success.

Yes we need to evolve, but we won the league , but we shouldnt be looking to make wholesale changes, Ranieri didnt when he came in.. You can't have 11 Ronaldos in the side. You need some warhorses who work off the ball and give 100% every second they are on the pitch.

Both Shinji and Leo scored vital goals in the run in to get vital points.

I do however think we need to bring 1 more out an out striker into the squad. Somebody with pace.

If we do bring a a striker in the mould of Deeney to effectively complete with Shinji or Leo in addition to a pacey striker who plays on the shoulder like Vardy, one of them will go. We need 4 striking options as we have others who can link up more centrally if we play 5 in midfield in certain matches

Wow... Just wow... That's the very definition of stretching it.

Just watched it, Danny Simpson ran about a bit and distracted a few people, he can claim a hand in 67 goals.

I just googled one of those "Okazaki assists" at random and here it is.  lol  I'm going to claim a couple for singing my heart out and cheering the lads on.

Just watched it, Danny Simpson ran about a bit and distracted a few people, he can claim a hand in 67 goals.

My favourite is the King against WBA reasoning. Space created for Albrighton apparently, subsequent cross, skillfully knock down and tidy finish all due to Shinji's run down the left!

Guest CityFan 06

If the club are intent on investing in the future, with younger players, then Andre Gray would be the signing for me. 24 years old, loads of potential to get even better. I think he will do well at PL level.

I don't mind investing in younger players, I just think it should be an balance.

If the club are intent on investing in the future, with younger players, then Andre Gray would be the signing for me. 24 years old, loads of potential to get even better. I think he will do well at PL level.

I don't mind investing in younger players, I just think it should be an balance.

Gray is very similar to Vardy. It's clear we are after someone to play with/off him. I do like him though.

Archived