Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Titanfall 2

Cannot wait for this. Original Titanfall was probably my favourite gameplay of any FPS ever

Just a few things I'm hoping for this time around -

- little more choice of titans (or more customisation of standard titans)

- more incentive to complete objectives

- no forced use of rubbish/novelty weapons

I believe this is no longer exclusive?

Hope they keep the burn cards in and make more choice of them, awesome to use and makes matches so different.

Correct, coming to XB1, PS4 and PC

I loved the instant Titan burn card - for Hard Point you could basically win the match after about 2 minutes if you knew where to go

FPS really don't do it for me anymore. I never played Titanfall (im a PS4 owner) but I did watch my brother on it (Xbox1 owner) and it looked ok. Guess all the years of COD have kind of ruined FPS for me.

What makes it massively different to other FPS? I only watched my brother on it for all of about 3 minutes

FPS really don't do it for me anymore. I never played Titanfall (im a PS4 owner) but I did watch my brother on it (Xbox1 owner) and it looked ok. Guess all the years of COD have kind of ruined FPS for me.

What makes it massively different to other FPS? I only watched my brother on it for all of about 3 minutes

You spend half your time on foot, and half the time in a 30 foot mech monster - gameplay is brilliant for both. The basic mechanics are so tight you can have fun constantly even if you're getting thrashed - I never rage quit on Titanfall. And you know that feeling when you're doing really badly and you just think "fvck everyone?" Well you can get in a Titan, find where all the enemies are lurking, fire 50 rockets all over the place then blow your Titan up, kill everyone then eject up into the sky like a boss (and if you're lucky you can pick another chump off while landing safely on top of a building)

It's really well balanced too so you always feel like you've got a chance of winning

You spend half your time on foot, and half the time in a 30 foot mech monster - gameplay is brilliant for both. The basic mechanics are so tight you can have fun constantly even if you're getting thrashed - I never rage quit on Titanfall. And you know that feeling when you're doing really badly and you just think "fvck everyone?" Well you can get in a Titan, find where all the enemies are lurking, fire 50 rockets all over the place then blow your Titan up, kill everyone then eject up into the sky like a boss (and if you're lucky you can pick another chump off while landing safely on top of a building)

It's really well balanced too so you always feel like you've got a chance of winning

Sounds alrite. Prob wont buy it though. I haven't been online on my PS4 in about 18 months. For some reason I have found myself not missing multiplayer at all. My PS+ ran out and I never renewed it. Whats the single player like?

Sounds alrite. Prob wont buy it though. I haven't been online on my PS4 in about 18 months. For some reason I have found myself not missing multiplayer at all. My PS+ ran out and I never renewed it. Whats the single player like?

On Titanfall it was non-existent (there might have been a bot mode but I don't remember it) - the "campaign" was a weird tacked-on afterthought where it was normal online matches (which cycled over) but they'd try to introduce a bit of story between each match. Didn't work at all.

The new one has it though, see trailer above. Note: it's made by the people who made the original Call of Dutys and left Infinity Ward so I imagine single-player will be fun with lots of huge explosions, but won't be more than about 5 hours of entertainment. Will definitely be aimed towards the online multiplayer crowd

On Titanfall it was non-existent (there might have been a bot mode but I don't remember it) - the "campaign" was a weird tacked-on afterthought where it was normal online matches (which cycled over) but they'd try to introduce a bit of story between each match. Didn't work at all.

The new one has it though, see trailer above. Note: it's made by the people who made the original Call of Dutys and left Infinity Ward so I imagine single-player will be fun with lots of huge explosions, but won't be more than about 5 hours of entertainment. Will definitely be aimed towards the online multiplayer crowd

The titanfall community is still quite strong, i never have issues getting a match, what i do have issues with is finding matches that utilise all the DLC so i can finish off some of the more obscure achievements.

The titanfall community is still quite strong, i never have issues getting a match, what i do have issues with is finding matches that utilise all the DLC so i can finish off some of the more obscure achievements.

?? I didn't say that lol I meant that Titanfall wasn't a single player game and that the "campaign" mode wasn't a proper campaign mode because it was just a cycling set of online match types with a bit of dialogue thrown in to try and make a story. Haven't played in a while as I levelled up as high as possible and there wasn't much left to play for while I got into other games, might give it another go soon as it was brilliant fun

If its as good as the first one it will be awesome. Still one of the best mp games on the xbox one.

I still play in it on the original xbox

- little more choice of titans (or more customisation of standard titans)

There is apparently 6 different titans, but it doesn't look like you can customize them at all - they are set with their weapons and ordinances. Although I suspect that might just be true for some of the 6. The titan class in the single player mode looks like it uses different weapons (chaingun, quad rocket, SWORD!), so maybe once you unlock it for multiplayer, then you can customize it a ton.

Other than the titans, the wall running/parkour makes it quite different and fun. You gain momentum by wall running and the maps are designed so you can chain them together with bunny hops and go super fast.

Also with the original, there wasn't 30 different guns, just 1 or 2 of each type that were pretty well balanced.

I was so excited for the first one, I even bought an Xbox One on launch in anticipation (what a ****ing mistake that was).

I didn't like it much and it got old very quickly. I would say it's the same for most considering the game died within a year.

Have high hopes for the sequal however. I think it will be more successful being on PS4.

• 2 months later...

You can now download the pre-release multiplayer demo on Xbox One, it's about 17GB

Played a few matches - it's still really balanced and the mechanics are fantastic, especially with the grappling hook. Can get round the map quickly and easily. Only downside so far is I can only select 2 Titans as yet - one is slow, the other is a slug and has no boost. Can't select Titan weapons, and the quicker (ahem) of the two has a rubbish primary weapon that is really ineffective against pilots and grunts due to how slow the projectile moves. Got a bit to learn but I hope the final version features weapon selection for Titans, and a more mobile (/weaker) Titan as in the first game

There is also a new bonus unlock - available is amped weapons or these little attack robots. No mention as yet of Cards

I don't have either an Xbox One or PS4 yet, but from what I can tell it looks like a good fps shooter. A lot of changes from the first one though.

It'll be available to play next weekend too if fyi.

On 13/06/2016 at 19:53, Manwell Pablo said:

I've decided since Overwatch everyone else may as well pack in making multiplayer shooters.

This. Although, I did get Hardline in the sale. playing cops and robbers is fun.

Archived