Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Rome: Total War on Windows 10

c/ program files x86/ steam/steamapps/common/sid meiers civilisation 5/ Right click Civilisation 5 application, properties,  got to compatibility tab , tick the box marked "run as administrator"

post-11205-0-64714300-1466678615_thumb.p

c/ program files x86/ steam/steamapps/common/sid meiers civilisation 5/ Right click Civilisation 5 application, properties,  got to compatibility tab , tick the box marked "run as administrator"

You are a star.

It's not working yet but it got a little further - says a dll is missing so I'll follow the instructions for that.

that'll be the problem, run the DLL yourself, and repair it

I'm updating windows so hopefully that'll do it.

I've been told not to go searching for individual dlls - or do you disagree with that?

I'm updating windows so hopefully that'll do it.

I've been told not to go searching for individual dlls - or do you disagree with that?

Shouldn't need to really. hopefully a reinstall with solve it, maybe should have tried to verify the game files first

Shouldn't need to really. hopefully a reinstall with solve it, maybe should have tried to verify the game files first

I did several times.

argh!!

Tried every tip on every page and still no Civ 5. I re-installed it 6 or 7 times (3h install). So decided to buy red Alert 3 as I'd read it can be played under windows 10 - that won't go further than the first screen after install either - just disappears. Eador works fine but not these 2. Any help appreciated.

Do you have any other programs running? shut down anything unnecessary and then try. for example if i have MSI afterburner running, games like elite dangerous wont start either

Avast is running

got RA 3 running by rtemoving the appcache folder in steam but still nothing for CIV5

Some applications and games require DirectX 9. However, your computer includes a more recent version of DirectX. If you install and then run an application or game that requires DirectX 9, you might receive an error message such as "The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." 

To resolve this issue, go to the following Microsoft website to install DirectX End-User Runtime:

Note When you run this package, no change is made to your version of DirectX, Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10.x, Direct3D 11.x, DirectInput, DirectSound, DirectPlay, DirectShow, or DirectMusic. 

a bit abstract as solutions go, but here

I looked on the 2K website and they said this is because your windows username contains unknown english letters or somthing, just change your windows username so that it doesnt have any capital letters or numbers or anything, thats what worked for me. Hope it helps you.

if it was me, i would back up the dll you downloaded, store it on desktop or something, then verify the game cache again

a bit abstract as solutions go, but here

I looked on the 2K website and they said this is because your windows username contains unknown english letters or somthing, just change your windows username so that it doesnt have any capital letters or numbers or anything, thats what worked for me. Hope it helps you.

if it was me, i would back up the dll you downloaded, store it on desktop or something, then verify the game cache again

I did this. AND IT WORKED.  :thumbup:

Where can I send your paypal payment.

Thanks so much.

Archived