Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

E3 2016

Some very interesting developments coming.

This is a link to some of the big points http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/06/14/10-biggest-moments-e3-2016-so-far/85856686/

Things im looking forward to the most.

New God of War game. :D

Virtual Reality including many games compatible with it most notably Resident Evil 7 (looks like it will be a brilliant scarefest in VR)

Game called Detroit looks interesting

Biggest one for me though is the new Zelda. I was watching the Nintendo Treehouse last night which had extensive play on the new Zelda.

Its called Zelda : Breath of the wild. (not sure on the name). On first glimpse I wasn't too sure I liked the look of it but as I continued to watch it I did think it looked an interesting concept. No story or character info just showing you things like hunting etc. Should still be interesting

So if any of you watched it what things excited you the most from E3?

Zelda looks great, really like the art style of the game, not sure if it's worth buying a Wii U for though.

Quite excited by State of Decay 2, the first one was great just needed multiplayer which they're now adding.

Just read about the more powerful Xbox One coming out next year - was there any promise that all Xbox One games will work on both? Because Nintendo made a ramped up 3DS and originally all games were compatible with both, then some developers binned off support for the original model so you had to upgrade

Just read about the more powerful Xbox One coming out next year - was there any promise that all Xbox One games will work on both? Because Nintendo made a ramped up 3DS and originally all games were compatible with both, then some developers binned off support for the original model so you had to upgrade

Only one game as yet has been made New 3DS exclusive and that's the Xenoblade Chronicles port. If you've played the game you'll know the open world envrironments are massive and needed the extra hardware to run the game, indeed the game only got ported because the devs found out a bigger version of the console was in the pipeline. No other games are planned to be exclusive.

Only one game as yet has been made New 3DS exclusive and that's the Xenoblade Chronicles port. If you've played the game you'll know the open world envrironments are massive and needed the extra hardware to run the game, indeed the game only got ported because the devs found out a bigger version of the console was in the pipeline. No other games are planned to be exclusive.

Actually, the new 3DS also gets access to SNES games on Virtual Console, which isn't available for the regular 3DS too. That's pretty much it for exclusivity though.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda too, really liking the look of the art style in the trailers, and the open world exploring looks like it will be good.

Actually, the new 3DS also gets access to SNES games on Virtual Console, which isn't available for the regular 3DS too. That's pretty much it for exclusivity though.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the new Zelda too, really liking the look of the art style in the trailers, and the open world exploring looks like it will be good.

Oh okay genuinely didn't know that, probably should have as I have the DK Country games on mine.

It's a bit daft anyway, I don't buy for a second that the regular 3DS couldn't emulate SNES games if they wanted it to, for christ's sake, shit old PC's from 15 years ago and mobile phones can emulate the SNES with no drama.

It's definitely possible, my old GBA could run SNES games if I remember right. They'd just be holding it back to get people to get the upgraded model

Microsoft showed zero games that were exclusive to the xbox console, so at this point there is actually no point in even owning an xbox any more. You may as well go out and buy a gaming pc instead. This 'scorpio' they are advertising is going to basically just be an overpriced PC, that possibly has modular parts you can upgrade. Microsoft will most likely market it as 'the console that does everything a pc does, and it's even upgradeable!', and then they'll charge 3 times the price for the modular upgrades as you would pay for a regular upgrade in a gaming pc.

There's also this interesting bit of news that's come out since the conference as well

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/spencer-scorpio-won-t-do-anything-for-you-if-you-don-t-have-a-4k-tv/0168577

Basically Phil Spencer, the head of xbox, saying if you don't have a 4k tv, there is no point in buying it

He's also been quoted as saying the 'The xbox one scorpio will have no exclusives'

Death stranding. Kojimas new game with Norman Reedus. looks a bit metal gear, and a bit silent hills

Thanks. I heard of it but haven't watched a trailer of it. If its anything like the last metal gear then its a no from me.

Thanks. I heard of it but haven't watched a trailer of it. If its anything like the last metal gear then its a no from me.

I think Konami have the rights so it wont be a metal gear in name at least. but it reminds me of MGS 4 

I think Konami have the rights so it wont be a metal gear in name at least. but it reminds me of MGS 4 

Refresh my memory. MGS4 is sons of the patriots? I can deal with a new game with similarities to that MGS. I really like the look of Detroit. That game looks interesting

Refresh my memory. MGS4 is sons of the patriots? I can deal with a new game with similarities to that MGS. I really like the look of Detroit. That game looks interesting

Guns of the Patriots. Great game that was. but the trailer doesnt really tell us anything about the game. Detroit will hopefully be an improvement on Beyond ; 2 souls, which was good but not a patch on heavy rain or Fahrenheit. David cage is a great story teller so im looking forward to seeing what he does with Detroit

Guns of the Patriots. Great game that was. but the trailer doesnt really tell us anything about the game. Detroit will hopefully be an improvement on Beyond ; 2 souls, which was good but not a patch on heavy rain or Fahrenheit. David cage is a great story teller so im looking forward to seeing what he does with Detroit

Guns of the patriots that's the one.

I never played beyond 2 souls but both Fahranheit and Heavy Rain I absolutely love. Remember playing Fahranheit for the first time and thinking wow. Guess it was a style of game I had never played before. Until Dawn was another decent game.

After E3 I think im most looking forward to God of War, Detroit and Zelda. Not really had a proper look at all the games though.

I'm not really a massive star trek fan, but I really liked that VR demo they showed off of everybody sitting on the bridge giving each other orders and stuff and being able to look around the place. If they can make that multiplayer with teams of people all fighting each others ships it'd be epic. Travelling around the galaxy with your mates with everybody doing their own jobs and working as a team to fight off other groups.

I quite like the look and feel of the new XBOX One S that will be available starting in August:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-S-2TB-Console/productID.336699970

2TB hard drive, better graphics, richer colours, smaller, slimmer, integrated power module (also has its downside, I guess)... What's not to like about it?

I do hope there's going to be a version in black, too.

Can anyone tell me what the down-compatibilty means with regards to XBOX 360 games? Will you be able to play the 360 games from the disc or only games downloaded from the XBOX store?

I quite like the look and feel of the new XBOX One S that will be available starting in August:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-S-2TB-Console/productID.336699970

2TB hard drive, better graphics, richer colours, smaller, slimmer, integrated power module (also has its downside, I guess)... What's not to like about it?

I do hope there's going to be a version in black, too.

Can anyone tell me what the down-compatibilty means with regards to XBOX 360 games? Will you be able to play the 360 games from the disc or only games downloaded from the XBOX store?

List of games https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games_compatible_with_Xbox_One

My understanding is, if you put a disc in, it doesn't run from the disc, but validates and downloads a Xbox one compatible version of the game.

I don't see the point in this Xbox S if they're releasing a more powerful console next year.

No point shelling out £300 for one when that is just around the corner.

E3 just confirmed how far Microsoft are behind in this current console generation.  Never thought it would happen after the success of the 360 but Sony have absolutely smashed 'em.

I don't see the point in this Xbox S if they're releasing a more powerful console next year.

No point shelling out £300 for one when that is just around the corner.

E3 just confirmed how far Microsoft are behind in this current console generation.  Never thought it would happen after the success of the 360 but Sony have absolutely smashed 'em.

I don't need the newest console all the time. The S would make for a nifty upgrade on my current 360 Slim.

And I don't see why people need to get caught up in this Microsoft vs. Sony dissing battle. You either love one of them or both and simply enjoying gaming for the sake of it.

The thing with Sony is that the bad rep from the hacking scandal is still looming above their heads, so sometimes it's not just about the technology itself, but more so about how technology and tech offers are being implemented and used.

Archived