Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

18 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Our first fix is up in June next year, which means we can start looking for new deals in January.

If we were to lock in the best possible rate in January, could we then potentially change in, say, April/May, should we stumble across something better?

Mine is due end of next month and I've just renewed mine now. 

Think I could do it from some months ago when the letter came through tbh. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Our first fix is up in June next year, which means we can start looking for new deals in January.

If we were to lock in the best possible rate in January, could we then potentially change in, say, April/May, should we stumble across something better?

You can.  Ours is up the end of this month and we re-applied in April and were told to keep re-assessing with end-June being the latest for new applications.  We actually moved products yesterday with the same lender we'd previously applied with in April (£70 p/m less) so there is flexibility to change even relatively last minute if you're not moving lenders.

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Yep, although some deals have booking fees which I’d imagine would be non refundable. Some lenders may also need to completely reassess the affordability after 3 months so double check that as well.

22 hours ago, Górnik Leicester said:

If you go with a broker, any decent one will keep an eye on the market and move you to a better deal if one pops up before your existing deal ends. It is double the work for them if the better deal is with a different lender but good ones will do this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreadnought said:

If you go with a broker, any decent one will keep an eye on the market and move you to a better deal if one pops up before your existing deal ends. It is double the work for them if the better deal is with a different lender but good ones will do this. 

Exactly this. Always go with a good broker imo. They get preferential rates and do all the legwork for you. Would trust mine with my life, undoubtedly has my best interests in his work 

• Like 1