Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

On 20/01/2022 at 08:37, KaspersSondico said:

hi all looking to move back to the area after spending many years traveling the UK due to work. Loking for recommendations on any nice villages within say 10 mlles of the city that have decent transport liks. thanks!

I live in Burbage, but in the village part. Decent transport links, M69 and A5 on your doorsetep. 5 pubs and an Indian. 

37 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I live in Burbage, but in the village part. Decent transport links, M69 and A5 on your doorsetep. 5 pubs and an Indian. 

Living in Hinckley, Burbage was my immediate thought as it has some of the best transport links out of the Leicestershire "villages". M69 on your doorstep, Hinckley train station within reasonable walking distance (depending where in Burbage you live). Bit more expensive but not sure if more expensive than other villages around Leicestershire.

I am struggling to class Burbage as a "village", it's essentially a suburb of Hinckley!

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Living in Hinckley, Burbage was my immediate thought as it has some of the best transport links out of the Leicestershire "villages". M69 on your doorstep, Hinckley train station within reasonable walking distance (depending where in Burbage you live). Bit more expensive but not sure if more expensive than other villages around Leicestershire.

I am struggling to class Burbage as a "village", it's essentially a suburb of Hinckley!

Yes there is the ''old Village'' but surrounded by that is effectively a suburb! It's useful to pop into Hinckley to Sainsburys and a few shops, it's just all very convinient. Houses prices in Burbage have been soaring in the past 5 years which is annoying as the next move if I stay in the area will have gone up proportionally more than the one I'm selling. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yes there is the ''old Village'' but surrounded by that is effectively a suburb! It's useful to pop into Hinckley to Sainsburys and a few shops, it's just all very convinient. Houses prices in Burbage have been soaring in the past 5 years which is annoying as the next move if I stay in the area will have gone up proportionally more than the one I'm selling. 

Burbage has become strangely pricey. There are a lot of houses being extended into larger houses/mansions.

Considering its location its hard to see why it has gone this way over any of the other village locally.

12 minutes ago, kenny said:

Burbage has become strangely pricey. There are a lot of houses being extended into larger houses/mansions.

Considering its location its hard to see why it has gone this way over any of the other village locally.

I did the same, I had an extension in 2020, just had it valued, turned a £60K ext into £120K additional value. Could of moved but would have paid silly stamp, selling and buying costs etc so seemed sensible at the time.  

57 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I did the same, I had an extension in 2020, just had it valued, turned a £60K ext into £120K additional value. Could of moved but would have paid silly stamp, selling and buying costs etc so seemed sensible at the time.  

If you fancy adding another storey and really cashing in give me a nudge....

We also have significant expertise in basement design. I suspect with a reasonable budget of £200k you could add one!

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

6 hours ago, kenny said:

We looked at Burbage but couldn't believe how big it had become in the 10+ years we were away from Leicestershire, and, yes, it's essentially a part of Hinckley now. Friends who live on the Hinckley/Burbage border constantly complain about the traffic congestion.

Prices have been escalating to a ridiculous level in most areas, I'm still looking at the portals even though we've now moved. I swear, they are making some of these prices up. 2 bungalows listed today, the same size or smaller than ours, similar profile and £100k more. Another one we actually viewed has just gone on the market again for £60k more than when we viewed last year. It's possibly had a few rooms repainted, but that's all! Absolute madness.

When our refurbishments/building works are (eventually) complete, I'm going to be very interested in the agents' valuation.

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We looked at Burbage but couldn't believe how big it had become in the 10+ years we were away from Leicestershire, and, yes, it's essentially a part of Hinckley now. Friends who live on the Hinckley/Burbage border constantly complain about the traffic congestion.

Prices have been escalating to a ridiculous level in most areas, I'm still looking at the portals even though we've now moved. I swear, they are making some of these prices up. 2 bungalows listed today, the same size or smaller than ours, similar profile and £100k more. Another one we actually viewed has just gone on the market again for £60k more than when we viewed last year. It's possibly had a few rooms repainted, but that's all! Absolute madness.

When our refurbishments/building works are (eventually) complete, I'm going to be very interested in the agents' valuation.

A house our road has gone up for £700k and I am really hoping it goes for that as our house is probably better.

I seriously doubt it will, it's probably £200k over where it should be.

59 minutes ago, kenny said:

A house our road has gone up for £700k and I am really hoping it goes for that as our house is probably better.

I seriously doubt it will, it's probably £200k over where it should be.

There's no way a normal house (One not priced at like 10m+) will be overpriced by 200k. 50k or so maybe but 200k is a huge amount!

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's no way a normal house (One not priced at like 10m+) will be overpriced by 200k. 50k or so maybe but 200k is a huge amount!

Lets see if it sells! IMO there is a lot of speculative pricing at the moment.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

First time buyer here and fvck me the amount of hoops you have to jump through. Something simple as proof of funds is made way harder than it needs to be. 

Depends on the estate agent…. They’re only interested if you’re making an offer and even when I did they pretty much took my word for it…. 

Having said that…. It’s always good to get an agreement in principle from your mortgage provider…. Showing a bank / building society account is easy enough too 

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

29 minutes ago, kenny said:

Lets see if it sells! IMO there is a lot of speculative pricing at the moment.

I do know someone who has just reduced the price of theirs by £200k. Not a 10M job either. And it's still overpriced.

Some seller are clearly starting at speculative prices due to their not being that much property coming onto the market.

https://propertyindustryeye.com/estate-agents-saw-record-number-of-house-hunters-in-december/

Edited by FoyleFox

47 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I do know someone who has just reduced the price of theirs by £200k. Not a 10M job either. And it's still overpriced.

Some seller are clearly starting at speculative prices due to their not being that much property coming onto the market.

https://propertyindustryeye.com/estate-agents-saw-record-number-of-house-hunters-in-december/

I knew someone would come along and tell me it’s happened :P

I can’t imagine anyone pricing a properly at 200k more than it’s worth, how does that even happen? Unless it’s really unique or rare. 

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

When you look at the comparison prices that house is so over priced someone should slap the agent for suggesting it. Even in this market.

Could’ve been the sellers that wanted that price.