Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Been in my house for 10 months now and got it valued yesterday. Already gained approx £40,000 on its valuation. Happy with that

Yep, mental. I know Zoopla/RM aren't by any means as accurate as your valuer, but those sites reckon ours is worth £68k more than we paid for it in Nov 2020. A house in my area which is "one down" from the house style I'm living in sold for £45k more than I bought mine for about two months ago, and a house we nearly bought for £325k in September 2020 has just gone Sold STC for £375k.

Absolutely staggering.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

A property is only worth was someone is prepared for it. There is no such thing as a "cheap" house nor "affordable" housing.

If you can afford to live in a house surely it is therefore affordable? My first house was cheap too, as was the one I'm now living in. 

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Fvckin hate this housing market....estage agents lapping it up and some ( not all to be fair) are doing their best to drive up prices too.

It’s their job too lol

You’d be pissed off if an agent working to sell your house wasn’t trying to get the best price possible.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Fvckin hate this housing market....estage agents lapping it up and some ( not all to be fair) are doing their best to drive up prices too.

Lack of “stock” isn’t helping. Less houses, less commission hence the estate agents driving up pricing. To be fair when we sold last week, it was the buyers driving the price up and no one else.  We were going to happy with the asking price! 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s their job too lol

You’d be pissed off if an agent working to sell your house wasn’t trying to get the best price possible.

Well yeah of course, its so they can get their commission for doing jack shit. Not saying its right or wrong but its a grim morally bankrupt position for them to take.

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Lack of “stock” isn’t helping. Less houses, less commission hence the estate agents driving up pricing. To be fair when we sold last week, it was the buyers driving the price up and no one else.  We were going to happy with the asking price! 

To be fair, some estate agents are fine and reasonable in order to let the market do the work. Others are morally bankrupt.

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/home-values/

Although this can be out, it gives a rough guide based on the area, bedrooms and bathrooms. It fails to take into account the size of land with the property though, I believe.

I checked ours on here, the number of bedrooms, reception rooms and bathrooms is incorrect for the property. It's given me an increase of £22k since June. We've spent way more than that on it, given the state it was in. Once refurbishments are completed, I'll get someone in and if the agent only prices it at an extra £22k I'll be very disappointed!!

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

15 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Cheaper and most probably grimmer lol But cheap, nonetheless 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/118952594#/?channel=RES_BUY

Wow! This is mental that you could potentially buy a house for that kind of money.

I know the usual jokes about Grimsby being a s**thole but seriously? Is it really that bad?

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I checked ours on here, the number of bedrooms, reception rooms and bathrooms is incorrect for the property. It's given me an increase of £22k since June. We've spent way more than that on it, given the state it was in. Once refurbishments are completed, I'll get someone in and if the agent only prices it at an extra £22k I'll be very disappointed!!

Yeah…. I did the same…. Ours is now significantly bigger and you couldn’t change the settings !

59 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Wow! This is mental that you could potentially buy a house for that kind of money.

I know the usual jokes about Grimsby being a s**thole but seriously? Is it really that bad?

They're both auctions though - it really pisses me off that you can't hide auction listings on Rightmove because they rarely go for anywhere near the guide price

Just had a look on Zoopla - that "£10k" one (or one that looks incredibly similar on the same street on Google Streetview) sold for £60k March 2021, would almost certainly be more than that now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

I have a mate that moved to grimsby and we go to visit for a weekend every year or two. 

Yeah it's that shit. It's pretty rundown, loads of boarded up houses/businesses etc etc. Even the big pub on the corner near the seafront shut down. Not sure if it's reopened since covid or not but it's probably been shut for years now. Most of the houses round where my mate lives sell for peanuts because you need the money to make them habitable again. Pretty grim and that was pre-covid. Hate to think what's happened there since then. 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

£550 pcm rent on a £10k house

Absolutely mental!

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I have a mate that moved to grimsby and we go to visit for a weekend every year or two. 

Yeah it's that shit. It's pretty rundown, loads of boarded up houses/businesses etc etc. Even the big pub on the corner near the seafront shut down. Not sure if it's reopened since covid or not but it's probably been shut for years now. Most of the houses round where my mate lives sell for peanuts because you need the money to make them habitable again. Pretty grim and that was pre-covid. Hate to think what's happened there since then. 

That's crazy. It does make you think how lucky you are to live in a place like Leicester sometimes. Yes it gets knocked by people that live here, me included in jest a lot of the time, but when you think about places like Grimsby and a few other similar large towns I've seen on documentaries in the North East, we don't have it too bad really do we.

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Unless you are in your ''forever home'' house prices going up is bad news 

We have a weird thing in this country where we seem to be happy when we see house prices rising all the time. Really we need the prices to stagnate and stay a current rates for a good long while and let wages catch up a lot (i know that would be years and years)

Affordable housing for all needs to be a much bigger priority for politicians to argue over.  If we insist on going on the home ownership model rather then rental then we need to make sure that people can bloodywell afford them.  If UK homes weren't some of the smallest in europe then we could try multi generational houses

• Like 1