Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

While I'm at it, interested to get people's views on this place in Kirby Muxloe. £685,000 and comes with a free railway line right next to it?? Really not sure I want to spend that much living next to a train line...

Frontage

That's the single track that's only used for freight, and not often.  Same line that runs past the King Power, and I don't remember seeing any trains going past there?

What a beautiful and sympathetically designed extension at the front

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

That's the single track that's only used for freight, and not often.  Same line that runs past the King Power, and I don't remember seeing any trains going past there?

The line that goes past the KP is the same one that goes past the British Gas offices isn't it? 

Years ago I walked out the office there and the train was transporting lots of old London Tube carriages, it was a bit surreal watching them all go past lol

18 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No me neither, it also looks like it has a tiny garden?! Surely that much money could buy something much better, or is that just a good reflection of the UK market at present?  I honestly have no idea any more, but the prices over there just seem crazy atm.

Kirby Muxloe is proper expensive, but it is really nice

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

While I'm at it, interested to get people's views on this place in Kirby Muxloe. £685,000 and comes with a free railway line right next to it?? Really not sure I want to spend that much living next to a train line...

Frontage

14 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No me neither, it also looks like it has a tiny garden?! Surely that much money could buy something much better, or is that just a good reflection of the UK market at present?  I honestly have no idea any more, but the prices over there just seem crazy atm.

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Seems very overpriced. Kirby Muxloe does have a bit of a postcode premium, but that's not good valve IMO. You could definitely buy better for that money or something else in KM for less.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/123502565#/?channel=RES_BUY

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/125736059#/?channel=RES_BUY

And that's the Ivanhoe line, which currently has funding for a business case to be reopened to passenger trains.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Seems very overpriced. Kirby Muxloe does have a bit of a postcode premium, but that's not good valve IMO. You could definitely buy better for that money or something else in KM for less.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/123502565#/?channel=RES_BUY

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/125736059#/?channel=RES_BUY

And that's the Ivanhoe line, which currently has funding for a business case to be reopened to passenger trains.

I'm no Kirby expert but I'm guessing that there's a bit of a postcode premium within the village itself and that first one is in the even posher bit. The second of the two you've put up looks much better value though, really like that one

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Getting a bit worried about my house purchase - as it looks like our buyer is beginning to have problems. They have signed but are saying they are having problems with their bank on their buy to isa. 

Anyone else heard of issues when closing that ISA ? 

To close the isa, you just go into the bank and close the account and provide the closing statement and a first time buyer declaration to their solicitor. They then arrange the bonus to be paid to the solicitors on completion. It shouldn't delay the transaction unless the bank insist on sending the closing statement by post which a couple of banks do

On 23/08/2022 at 18:38, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm no Kirby expert but I'm guessing that there's a bit of a postcode premium within the village itself and that first one is in the even posher bit. The second of the two you've put up looks much better value though, really like that one

I like that one too. Probably because it's not dissimilar to the bungalow we did buy, and have refurbished in a similar contemporary style. However, I'll wager that as we're not in Kirby our valuation wouldn't be similar. Sadly.

A couple of bits to finish painting, a blind to be fitted, and I'll be having an agent visit to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tentatively looking at property on the Norfolk coast. Nothing flash but want a place walking distance to the sea. Not sure where yet but planning a few trips out there to get a feeling of different places. I'm half temped to wait to see if  property values fall but honestly, who.knows what will happen there.

24 minutes ago, Soup said:

I'm tentatively looking at property on the Norfolk coast. Nothing flash but want a place walking distance to the sea. Not sure where yet but planning a few trips out there to get a feeling of different places. I'm half temped to wait to see if  property values fall but honestly, who.knows what will happen there.

Wells next to the Sea is my go to destination…. The beach is unbelievable 

Blakeney is nice too and Sherringham has a certain charm!

like your profile pic by the way - Blue Train!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Soup said:

All I've read this week in property trade newsletters suggests prices will be stabilising for the next 12 months. No further significant rises due to the interest rate increases etc. Sadly, for you, no suggestion of decreases. Obviously, there is not a guarantee of anything.

19 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Wells next to the Sea is my go to destination…. The beach is unbelievable 

Blakeney is nice too and Sherringham has a certain charm!

like your profile pic by the way - Blue Train!

Yes Wells is very nice but a little more expensive than other places, and as this purchase will be a second home for the time being I don't want to stretch myself too far. But wuth an eye on maybe moving full time in a few year's, Wells would definitely interest us. 

Coltrane is the man :cool:

23 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

All I've read this week in property trade newsletters suggests prices will be stabilising for the next 12 months. No further significant rises due to the interest rate increases etc. Sadly, for you, no suggestion of decreases. Obviously, there is not a guarantee of anything.

Ok thanks. I don't need them to fall but I'll certainly not rush in with offers, which is what I normally do. I'm pretty impatient 

• Like 1

Going through probate atm but will be getting my dads place on the market with Seth's of Uppingham Rd after having 4 estate agents round. Really interesting  listening to all their cock and bull!

• 2 weeks later...

Having some real issues with the sellers solicitors at the moment. Everything is ready to go but we’re just waiting on the response to 12 enquiries, which have been outstanding about a month, and the signing of the contract. The sellers solicitors simply aren’t responding to chases from my solicitors and the estate agent (apparently they’re not even answering the phone). A quick Facebook stalk and the lack of privacy settings on their account finds the vendor still is very much keen on a sale and is being kept in the dark by their own solicitors; a quick google of the vendor’s solicitors brings up some appalling reviews. My guess is the vendor isn’t even aware of the outstanding enquiries or the contract as they haven’t been sent across to the vendor. The frustrating thing is that Connells are the ones that recommended this solicitor arrangement to “speed things up” and it’s certainly proving to be doing the opposite. My main concern now is the mortgage offer expires in December and with the current climate it would be a lot more expensive and challenging to get another mortgage offer if this one expires. 

I used the Connells recommended solicitor when buying my house, and half way through the sale they got hacked quite severely. Slowed things down massively, but fortunately the sellers were using the same solicitors so they sorted it out amongst themselves.

On 17/09/2022 at 10:48, Ian Nacho said:

Having some real issues with the sellers solicitors at the moment. Everything is ready to go but we’re just waiting on the response to 12 enquiries, which have been outstanding about a month, and the signing of the contract. The sellers solicitors simply aren’t responding to chases from my solicitors and the estate agent (apparently they’re not even answering the phone). A quick Facebook stalk and the lack of privacy settings on their account finds the vendor still is very much keen on a sale and is being kept in the dark by their own solicitors; a quick google of the vendor’s solicitors brings up some appalling reviews. My guess is the vendor isn’t even aware of the outstanding enquiries or the contract as they haven’t been sent across to the vendor. The frustrating thing is that Connells are the ones that recommended this solicitor arrangement to “speed things up” and it’s certainly proving to be doing the opposite. My main concern now is the mortgage offer expires in December and with the current climate it would be a lot more expensive and challenging to get another mortgage offer if this one expires. 

Have you considered just contacting them directly and telling them the solicitors aren’t responding?

Thinking of moving somewhere closer to London my work office is based in London and I am getting tired of travelling every week from Leicestershire ( I work hybrid) I know some places like Aylesbury / Bedford / Reading have reasonably priced properties 350k - 375k can anyone recommend a reasonably priced area and also easy commute to central London?

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Thinking of moving somewhere closer to London my work office is based in London and I am getting tired of travelling every week from Leicestershire ( I work hybrid) I know some places like Aylesbury / Bedford / Reading have reasonably priced properties 350k - 375k can anyone recommend a reasonably priced area and also easy commute to central London?

Reading 👍

57 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

If you are getting a mortgage it's expected IR will rise 0.75% tomorrow so that will outpace any stamp duty decreases. The govt know this is coming so to keep traction in the market they will flash up a stamp duty cut which is an immediate cash benefit to a purchaser, even though most first time buyers will probably roll up the stamp duty in their mortgage product! Sorry to piss on your chips but this isn't life changing news.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

We're getting black patches on the exterior walls of our home (post-war prefab concrete). Wondering whether it just needs a good clean or whether there's something more sinister causing it. Anyone got any ideas?

Pic?

What type of prefab is it? No fines?

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Some new outlets reporting a 20%-40% house price reduction in the next 12 months, can't see it myself. It will either stay flat or reduce slightly - and it will be area dependent.

Certainly not a view shared by all.

https://propertyindustryeye.com/uk-house-prices-hit-record-high-despite-cost-of-living-crisis/

No -one really knows, so if everyone predicts every scenario, someone will be right.....

Edit - just looking at another article, house prices in London are reducing.

Edited by FoyleFox

20 minutes ago, kenny said:

Pic?

What type of prefab is it? No fines?

Yeah, no fines. Just gathering under the guttering and upstairs windows on the rear wall. The other issue is are walls in general are darker than most of our neighbours, so wonder if it's part of the same problem.

Struggling to upload a pic. Will keep trying...