Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

On 02/12/2022 at 11:03, Tommy G said:

Anyone felt any signs that the market is slowing? Prices reducing yet? 

What @FoyleFox says sounds about right…. Even if prices aren’t shifting significantly, offers that people are willing to accept are likely to be a fair degree lower…. 

17 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

House prices fall at the fastest rate since 2008, I think overall this is good news. Depending on your situation of course

If they were falling because of an abundance being built instead of them falling because of interest rates are going through the roof I'd agree I think. Throwing people into negative equity without a viable escape route only benefits the already rich banks. 

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

If they were falling because of an abundance being built instead of them falling because of interest rates are going through the roof I'd agree I think. Throwing people into negative equity without a viable escape route only benefits the already rich banks. 

Unless a large proportion default, then its a pain for the banks. I don't think they will ever fall because of an abundance being built, every year house building is below target by some way. I don't know how, everywhere you look there is a new estate popping up

50 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Also falling because of stupidly inflated pricing. A house on our road has come down nearly £200k so far and hasn't sold.

That's not a market issue, it was stupid to start with.

• Like 1

Buyers have signed their contracts today and completion day is Friday.

Be bloody glad when that money is in my account and I don't have to go to that place again....good memories over the first 15 years, but last few have been relatively  sad...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

Does it have an isolator?

Rang manrose up and explained to the tech support and they said I need a new timer board... I wouldn't have a clue what to do with that.

Screenshot_20221209-055642_Chrome.jpg

This is what I have in the loft.

So I just hit the timer bit with z hammer a few times and it s okay for now🤣🤣🤣

Think @Izzy would be proud of my diy skills!!!

Am  i classified electrician now @Strokes🤣🤣🤣

I think it needs a new "motor" thing bit you cant just buy that.

Its either the whole set or just that thing I wouldnt know what to do with and end up electrocution myself!

Screenshot_20221209-055619_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 2

Posting on a behalf of a family member- she is looking for a roofer to carry out urgent assessment and repair for loose and broken tiles on the roof in Newfoundpool area.   Do you guys know of any reliable roofers that you can recommend?   Cheers.   

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Posting on a behalf of a family member- she is looking for a roofer to carry out urgent assessment and repair for loose and broken tiles on the roof in Newfoundpool area.   Do you guys know of any reliable roofers that you can recommend?   Cheers.   

https://bentleyroofing.co.uk/

Brilliant trustworthy guy.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone ever part exchanged their house for a new build? 

I seen it advertised saying they will purchase your house at market value, pay sols fees etc.  Surely there is a catch? 

Semi-serious considering it. We're looking to move in the next 1-2 years. 

11 hours ago, The Blur said:

A Sutton roofing in coaville mate. Alan did some work for me in lboro. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/12/2022 at 22:32, CollinsLCFC said:

I seen it advertised saying they will purchase your house at market value, pay sols fees etc.  Surely there is a catch? 

Presume they will squeeze the ''market value'' element of your property and mak a turn on it, just like when trading in a second hand car. Not an expert, just my opinion. The convenience to you is you're out of a chain and it's all sorted from a selling perspective. They will build the margin into the purchase price of the house, is another option.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Presume they will squeeze the ''market value'' element of your property and mak a turn on it, just like when trading in a second hand car. Not an expert, just my opinion. The convenience to you is you're out of a chain and it's all sorted from a selling perspective. They will build the margin into the purchase price of the house, is another option.

I suspect they do a bit of both.

Rather like the 'market value' the "we'll buy your house for cash at market value" people. We received lots of leaflets from them and I called out of curiosity. The offer was £35k under our list price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/12/2022 at 22:32, CollinsLCFC said:

Yeah I did with William Davis. 

They sent round 3 local estate agents then offered me the average of all 3 and I still negotiated it up another 7k (Pretend you’ve got a debt to clear and it’s the only way you can afford the house). 

It was one of those things that really was as good as it sounded and couldn’t recommend it highly enough. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I've seen some unusual things in my time, but have no words for this - picture 14 - WTAF :o

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/85749042#/?channel=RES_BUY

Its not that odd. The amount of handles clearly shows its for someone with additional needs, or simply just elderly who perhaps lived and slept downstairs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Its not that odd. The amount of handles clearly shows its for someone with additional needs, or simply just elderly who perhaps lived and slept downstairs. 

It is very odd. In the hall! Fully understand if it was in bed 3 but it's in the hall, completely exposed 😳 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yes, didn’t think of that. Probably someone for whom privacy isn’t the main concern.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

It is very odd. In the hall! Fully understand if it was in bed 3 but it's in the hall, completely exposed 😳 

there must be thousands of houses where an elderly person lives, alone, who cant go upstairs anymore. I really do not see how this has blown your mind so much lol