Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

there must be thousands of houses where an elderly person lives, alone, who cant go upstairs anymore. I really do not see how this has blown your mind so much lol 

A downstairs shower isn't a mind blower, a shower in the downstairs hallway right at the bottom of the stairs? Come on that's hilarious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

there must be thousands of houses where an elderly person lives, alone, who cant go upstairs anymore. I really do not see how this has blown your mind so much lol 

It's in the hall at the bottom of the stairs next to the front door lol Meanwhile there's a perfectly good sized bedroom on the same floor about 3 feet away it could have been put in!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Must've been tricky putting it in there. You don't often get plumbing or drainage in the hallway. 

The toilet's the other side of the wall, so I doubt it was difficult.  It's pretty common, for houses with a downstairs toilet, to put it in the hall; they must get the water from somewhere.

Maybe there was some plumbing reason why the shower couldn't go in the third bedroom.dining room, the other side of the toilet room.  The third bedroom would seem to be the obvious place.

Edited by dsr-burnley

16 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's in the hall at the bottom of the stairs next to the front door lol Meanwhile there's a perfectly good sized bedroom on the same floor about 3 feet away it could have been put in!

The plumbing in the house may have meant that the hallway was the most viable place to put it. What would have been the benefit of doing extra work at extra cost simply to have it in a room if the house only had 1 person living in it with additional needs that couldn't access the upstairs of the house?

Also if there is a bedroom 3 feet away that would prove my point even more so. If they have additional needs they may have equipment in their bedroom that meant there is simply no room in there for a shower.

I would understand everyone laughing at the fact of a shower in a hallway if all of my points were farfetched. Everyone acting as if its the most ridiculous thing they have ever heard of lol 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

https://www.meridianblinds.net

I have used them a few times. 

1 hour ago, kenny said:

https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk

We used these and put them up ourselves.

55 minutes ago, howie said:

https://www.barlowblinds.com 

Happy with the price these charged

Thanks guys.

Can I ask which blinds you went for...theres alot of options, 

We are looking at wooden vertical ones.

What was the quality of the ones you got and were they easy to fix?

Made to measure too?

A few questions but thanks for your help.

Edited by Raj

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thanks guys.

Made to measure too?

https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/wooden-blinds/21264/urban-grey-and-oxford-blue.html

Arrived the correct size and fitted in 10mins.

The first one arrived with a small bend in it, so they sent me another for free which I used upstairs. Once the pelmet was on you couldn't see it.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Raj said:

Thanks guys.

Made to measure too?

Wooden Venetian blinds, made to measure. I paid for installation, took them about an hour for living room and 3 bedrooms. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Raj said:

Anyone recommend  any blind( like the ones you put up in windows, not people who cant see!!)places in Leicester?

We used Emily Blinds in Barwell. https://emilyblinds.com/

We have 25mm Aluminium Venetian, some standard window blinds and some perfect fit blinds for the French doors. Made to measure and installed.

We had quotes from Hilarys, Charnwood and Meridian. Emily were the best price. Service has been excellent.

• Thanks 1

Blinds-2go were complete bellends for me. They sent blinds that were too small and when I called up to say this, was told I was lying. Eventually sent them a photo of the blinds next to a tape measure and they admitted they were wrong. Sent me a replacement that had frayed edges. Third set were also too short and I just ended up fitting a small block to make up the difference. I'd demanded a refund, which they refused, else I'd have gone elsewhere (I was a beaten man at this point and couldn't be bothered anymore). They did kindly offer a discount on future purchases from them...abysmal company. 

Edited by Zear0

On 28/12/2022 at 08:59, Raj said:

Anyone recommend  any blind( like the ones you put up in windows, not people who cant see!!)places in Leicester?

As above mentioned, Emily Blinds were fantastic. We used them on our previous house. Bit pricier than fitting yourself but less hassle/pressure. Still much cheaper than some of the common big names.

More recently gone with Blinds 2 Go and fitted ourselves, very cheap.

• Thanks 1

On 28/12/2022 at 13:27, ian__marshall said:

Can anyone recommend any decent builders in and around Leicestershire/East Mids. 

We had our garage conversion done by Paramount in Hinckley/Burbage. Good job and a decent price too.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/paramountbuildingcontractors/&ved=2ahUKEwiXu6S665_8AhVFg1wKHeq0ABsQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw08Oi1GtHsm7Y_oOcAG0unX

I’d recommend Fraser James Blinds in Enderby, they fitted some blinds to my bifold doors and the service was great. 

Whatever you do, don’t use Hillary’s. They fitted some wooden blinds and their customer service was awful, took about three attempts for the fitter to come. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Thanks Krefelder, will check them out 👍🏼

On 30/12/2022 at 16:17, FoxFromCoalville said:

What kind of work are you after? I can recommend a few if you’re fairly close to NW Leics

Basically had plans approved for a single storey extension which is around 48m2. Yeah we're in the North of the county so any recommendations would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Basically had plans approved for a single storey extension which is around 48m2. Yeah we're in the North of the county so any recommendations would be appreciated.

SKB construction would be my go to personally

JW ward and son are good

W Gilbert builders are extremely good if you’re not too far from Nuneaton but depending how far north maybe a little far

Others like stevie boam or John merison would probably be who I’d be going to as a price benchmark as well 

• Thanks 1