Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

On 03/07/2024 at 12:23, VLC86 said:

Favourite moving story I’ve ever heard is where completion happened, the guy turns up at the new house with all of his stuff and he has to sit outside because the people hadn’t packed and were “making dinner”. 

My wife's cousin had a similar experience last year where the sellers was faffing around talking during packing.   The cousin ended up helping out with the packing!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The house is only 3 bedrooms tbh, you would need another 3 mill to build the proposed extension.

Plus the outdoor toilet appears to be missing? 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BeardyFox said:

Finally moved in to our first home today.

Picked up the keys at 1 and the seller was still there until 4 loading the van. 
3 hours in the sun as a man with the complexion of skimmed milk and a turtle head like the intro to One foot in the Grave has taken the sheen off the day somewhat. 

But after several years of saving and disappointments we’re in at last! 

Congratulations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeardyFox said:

3 hours in the sun as a man with the complexion of skimmed milk and a turtle head like the intro to One foot in the Grave has taken the sheen off the day somewhat. 

Congratulations, it's a lovely feeling, hope you'll be very happy there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeardyFox said:

Congratulations! Send them the bill for a professional home cleaning 😆 

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2024 at 07:30, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I'm on holiday in the UK and staying in a property owned by Jim Ratcliffe in Beaulieu between Southampton and Isle of wight... Beaulieu 

Ah Beaulieu is a lovely spot, take a walk down to a Bucklers Hard and have a pint at the Master Builders in the sunshine for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ah Beaulieu is a lovely spot, take a walk down to a Bucklers Hard and have a pint at the Master Builders in the sunshine for me.

Yup that's were im staying Bucklers Hard at a place called lotus wing down the extremely narrow lane...... 🐎 everywhere here 🙂

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

The people below us, their buyers have had their house downvalued by £25K - so our buyers now dont have a buyer, so looks like we're going to have to go on the market again. Not sure what to say to the Estate Agent at the top of the chain - dreaming up something to say now. Very annoying, need ours to sell quick to avoid the one we've bought going back on the market again.

Edited by Tommy G
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The people below us, their buyers have had their house downvalued by £25K - so our buyers now dont have a buyer, so looks like we're going to have to go on the market again. Not sure what to say to the Estage agent at the top of the chain - dreaming up something to say now. Very annoying, need ours to sell quick to avoid the one we've bought going back on the market again.

Been there, horrible situation to be in. 
Don’t give up, you might have to take a hit on yours if your potential new place is too perfect to miss. 
Hope it works out for you 👍

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The people below us, their buyers have had their house downvalued by £25K - so our buyers now dont have a buyer, so looks like we're going to have to go on the market again. Not sure what to say to the Estage agent at the top of the chain - dreaming up something to say now. Very annoying, need ours to sell quick to avoid the one we've bought going back on the market again.

So sorry to hear that. Very frustrating. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Been there, horrible situation to be in. 
Don’t give up, you might have to take a hit on yours if your potential new place is too perfect to miss. 
Hope it works out for you 👍

It is a great place, but not prepared to take a £25K hit....if it was less, then maybe. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

It is a great place, but not prepared to take a £25K hit....if it was less, then maybe. 

That’s a shame. We lost what we thought was our dream place but went on to find something better. 

7 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

That’s a shame. We lost what we thought was our dream place but went on to find something better. 

Agreed, everything happens for a reason....not need to get stuck in the mud just got to move on! (no pun intended)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

You and me both. 

My house is a Nathan / G plan museum 

We picked up this  table from BHF's eBay for £20, no manufacturer listed but very pleased.

449803608_363419753269934_5619638918458184307_n.thumb.jpg.d8df00748a4ea28a2fe7be5e205c04b3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We picked up this  table from BHF's eBay for £20, no manufacturer listed but very pleased.

449803608_363419753269934_5619638918458184307_n.thumb.jpg.d8df00748a4ea28a2fe7be5e205c04b3.jpg

This was also £20 lol beautifully made and would cost a ****ing fortune these days 

20240506_125648.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

This was also £20 lol beautifully made and would cost a ****ing fortune these days 

20240506_125648.jpg

That’s lovely.

Struggling to find decent 2nd sofas, can’t justify £500 on cheaply made new ones.

On 28/07/2024 at 12:47, Stadt said:

I have a burgeoning obsession with mid century furniture, picked up a G plan TV stand for £130 on vinterior as they’re offering free delivery this weekend. Saved £60.

https://www.vinterior.co

Look at this beauty.

my dad when he was alive used to keep tools in it in his outbuildings.

when I built my house I thought o would give it a bit of care and put it in my living room.Got so many compliments.

IMG_1717.png

• Like 2