Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Xbox One Kinect Sensor

Guest CityFan 06

I'm planning to buy one of these for my Xbox One, but noticed support mounts for it are sold separately. In order for the Xbox One Sensor to work, do you have to have a mount for it? I'm sure before, I've seen the Xbox sensor's used without the mount...

Honestly have no idea why you would buy one tbh, the only thing it's actually used for is to switch your xbox on and off with your voice. All the games that were released for it were absolutely woeful.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I'm just baffled as to why somebody would buy one now.

Guest CityFan 06
2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

why the **** would you want one

9 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Honestly have no idea why you would buy one tbh, the only thing it's actually used for is to switch your xbox on and off with your voice. All the games that were released for it were absolutely woeful.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I'm just baffled as to why somebody would buy one now.

Well in the near future I'm looking into doing business Skype video calls. With the Kinect Sensor, it offers a HD integrated camera making it ideal for this and it's the only way to do Skype (video) calls on the Xbox One. The camera will stay in one position as it broadcasts professionally from my living room, so it's perfect for what I might need it for.

This is opposed to using an iPod or Kindle where the camera moves on your movement - there's nothing wrong with that by any means but if I'm talking in business terms, a non moving camera is more professional, and although you could use a stand for an iPod or Kindle I still feel the Kinect Sensor would have it ready made for what I need. As I use my TV for the Xbox One, I will also see the person I'm calling on that which is even more useful as it's a larger screen.

Wow, I'm actually surprised you've got a legitimate use for it lol

I'm pretty sure the mount is just for if you want to screw it into a wall. It has a stand that can be used for putting it on top of your tv or a shelf if that's good enough

Archived