Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Steam Link

So, anyone got one?

I want to stick one in my living room so I can play a few games on my sofa from time to time. I can't hook it up directly as my PC is in the back room but they can be linked up with powerline adapters. I've read a bit that suggest this will work well enough but just looking to see if anyone's done the same.

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I have a steam link, Haven't used it yet. The steam controller is very different and hard to wrap my brain around using a half and half controller, joystick with trackpad

Well get it plugged in then and tell me how it is :P

I wouldn't be getting a controller, I'd just be using my wired Xbox USB controller. Are you hooking yours up with wires or do you have powerline adapters?

Its connected to the router by an ethernet, an had a HDMI output to the tv, I switched it on to make sure it worked and that's it. Just for you I will play some Tomb Raider tonight on it and report back

37 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Its connected to the router by an ethernet, an had a HDMI output to the tv, I switched it on to make sure it worked and that's it. Just for you I will play some Tomb Raider tonight on it and report back

Sweet! I'm only kidding, no need to go out of your way. I think I'm just going to order one and see how it runs, if it doesn't work I can always return it.

I would'nt pay full price, I got both the link and controller for the price of 1 steam link in the sale. I have been meaning to try it out anyway, just get sidetracked with witcher 3 and overwatch. So I will give it a proper test. 

26 minutes ago, potter3 said:

How's it differ from just streaming to another computer with Steam installed?

It's for a TV, it basically does the same as streaming to a PC on steam. I guess it's like a Chromecast for games.

13 minutes ago, Haydos said:

It's for a TV, it basically does the same as streaming to a PC on steam. I guess it's like a Chromecast for games.

Ah right, I've just been streaming to a laptop if I want to play on a big tv so no real difference.

Archived