Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hullfox

L1 Scum

Like Cobbo said as soon as the chanting started after we equalised I walked round to the Kop and sat with Carl and Lisa. I enjoy sitting where I do and the atmosphere had been good recently, but idiots like those that were chanting what they did completely ruin it. It was disgusting and a lot more than just that one chant was sung.

A lot of people in L1 are like myself and enjoy sitting there for the banter and atmosphere so please don't generalise. Idiots like this are the reason us football fans are looked on by others as thugs and hooligans.

I hope those singing it are punished and I hope they haven't ruined it for the rest of us by having the section clossed.

I think inciteful behaviour is deemed an offence :unsure:

So why were the Millwall fans not given the same treatment for the Ken Bigley chants, and Liverpool fans for chants of the Munich air disaster when they play Man Utd? Its a sad part of football.

Can someone explain how chants about the London bombings were Racist? Did they also chant something else other then "your just a town full of bombers"?

If anything they were in bad taste and showed no respect for the 7/7 victims,i can't see how they were racist!

"Where's your rucksack gone"

"ran from the paki's"

amongst others were sang

Like Cobbo said as soon as the chanting started after we equalised I walked round to the Kop and sat with Carl and Lisa. I enjoy sitting where I do and the atmosphere had been good recently, but idiots like those that were chanting what they did completely ruin it. It was disgusting and a lot more than just that one chant was sung.

A lot of people in L1 are like myself and enjoy sitting there for the banter and atmosphere so please don't generalise. Idiots like this are the reason us football fans are looked on by others as thugs and hooligans.

I hope those singing it are punished and I hope they haven't ruined it for the rest of us by having the section clossed.

Good for you Matt, maybe shutting it for a bit will give whoever is doing it a jolt but then again anyone who can chant that sort of stuff are too brain dead to realise what they are doing anyway.

So why were the Millwall fans not given the same treatment for the Ken Bigley chants, and Liverpool fans for chants of the Munich air disaster when they play Man Utd? Its a sad part of football.

Maybe the clubs involved werent in a position to prosecute, im glad Leicester are taking action though it sickens me beyond belief!

Your right it is a sad part of Football but where do you draw the line.

I was born in Scotland but dont get offended when people call me a Scottish C*** or Sweaty Jock.

Why is calling someone a Black B****rd against the law but calling someone a Fat B****rd is ok.

For the record i abhor Racism but where do you draw the line at offending people?

I suspect it was because the FA got involved, and probably wanted or were pressured into sweeping the whole affair under the carpet, as the negative publicity wouldn't be very good for the image of football.

I was born in Scotland but dont get offended when people call me a Scottish C*** or Sweaty Jock.

Why is calling someone a Black B****rd against the law but calling someone a Fat B****rd is ok.

For the record i abhor Racism but where do you draw the line at offending people?

The colour of your skin is something you're born with and can't influence - unlike your weight.

By the way, maybe you should find a new user name. Allegiance to 80's gangs is not big and not clever!

because being racist is a criminal offence and Foxes against Racism supports directly aginst this.

The colour of your skin is something you're born with and can't influence - unlike your weight.

By the way, maybe you should find a new user name. Allegiance to 80's gangs is not big and not clever!

What about gingers then? Then get loads of shit and were born with it. Yes, they can dye their hair but I think there's alot of abuse that seems acceptable, which is unfair.

I am guilty of singing songs about fat bastards at football and perhaps other insults towards fans and players, and i'm sure 90% of other people on here have sang similar things before. Why is that more acceptable than being racist? I'm not racist and i'd never chant that stuff, but why do I find it acceptable and the public find it acceptable to chant about fat bastards, etc??? Surely it all falls in to the same category and it's either ok or not ok. It shouldn't be regarded that it's ok to sing songs about something a person might be responsible for i.e. being fat and that it's not ok to sing songs about something a person cannot help i.e. the colour of their skin.

What about gingers then? Then get loads of shit and were born with it. Yes, they can dye their hair but I think there's alot of abuse that seems acceptable, which is unfair.

I am guilty of singing songs about fat bastards at football and perhaps other insults towards fans and players, and i'm sure 90% of other people on here have sang similar things before. Why is that more acceptable than being racist? I'm not racist and i'd never chant that stuff, but why do I find it acceptable and the public find it acceptable to chant about fat bastards, etc??? Surely it all falls in to the same category and it's either ok or not ok. It shouldn't be regarded that it's ok to sing songs about something a person might be responsible for i.e. being fat and that it's not ok to sing songs about something a person cannot help i.e. the colour of their skin.

I think it all boils down to the fact that racist chanting is illegal and fatist/ginger chanting etc isnt. People find racist chanting more sociallly unacceptable and shocking than other kinds of chanting - a sad fact, but a fact non the less.

I think it all boils down to the fact that racist chanting is illegal and fatist/ginger chanting etc isnt. People find racist chanting more sociallly unacceptable and shocking than other kinds of chanting - a sad fact, but a fact non the less.

Yeah I suppose, as you say it is a very sad fact. The thing is banter is good at football matches and some songs go on that do go way below the belt, but it's the nature of the beast and i'm not sure how they can prevent this. 99% of fans know where to draw the line though and I just hope the authorities know this and don't spoil it for the decent fans.

Because neither fat nor ginger people were subject to slavery due to their attributes. Nor were 6 million fat or ginger people murdered by the Nazis. Fat and ginger people were not made under the law second class citizens, as in South Africa or the US etc. The list goes on.

Oh i suppose your unaware that every hooligan in Italy is called an Ultra!

Do me a favour and take yer head for a shit,thats after you get off yer high horse.

You Muppet!

(Oh sorry is Muppet offensive now!)

Hi Guys

This thread has actually made me sign up to this forum, so I apologise that my first post is likely to be controversial and may lead me to being despised on this forum forever.

To be honest, I can't see a great deal wrong with the chanting made my the fans in L1. Granted, if I had been there I would have made the choice not to sing along as I would've felt uncomfortable at the bad taste of the chant.

It's the same old story though isn't it - How many of you have heard a racist/sexist joke and laughed. How many of you have heard jokes about New Orleans, 9/11, Iraq and laughed. Sometimes you hear these jokes in strange company and recognise that they are offensive and deliberately don't laugh or just smile politely. You can then be heard telling the same joke down the pub amongst your friends because you know they won't be offended by it.

These are things that I know I am guilty of, as are a number of people who I know. The reason being, I do not get offended by these jokes. I believe that humour, know matter how distasteful is sometimes the best way to deal with life. It doesn't make me racist, sexist or any less concerned about sad events like the London Bombings, but I exercise my right of free speech to enjoy a little satire, no matter how politically incorrect.

So for the people in this thread who are getting on their high horse about mischevious chanting in L1, Ask yourself who got hurt by it?, are you really that guilt-free yourself? and shouldn't we be directing our anger at the perpetrators of such crimes rather than a few alleged jokers in L1 ?

As for banning them for life - What happened to free speech in this country? If you can't even sound off at a football match any more, what is the place coming to.

Hi Guys

This thread has actually made me sign up to this forum, so I apologise that my first post is likely to be controversial and may lead me to being despised on this forum forever.

To be honest, I can't see a great deal wrong with the chanting made my the fans in L1. Granted, if I had been there I would have made the choice not to sing along as I would've felt uncomfortable at the bad taste of the chant.

It's the same old story though isn't it - How many of you have heard a racist/sexist joke and laughed. How many of you have heard jokes about New Orleans, 9/11, Iraq and laughed. Sometimes you hear these jokes in strange company and recognise that they are offensive and deliberately don't laugh or just smile politely. You can then be heard telling the same joke down the pub amongst your friends because you know they won't be offended by it.

These are things that I know I am guilty of, as are a number of people who I know. The reason being, I do not get offended by these jokes. I believe that humour, know matter how distasteful is sometimes the best way to deal with life. It doesn't make me racist, sexist or any less concerned about sad events like the London Bombings, but I exercise my right of free speech to enjoy a little satire, no matter how politically incorrect.

So for the people in this thread who are getting on their high horse about mischevious chanting in L1, Ask yourself who got hurt by it?, are you really that guilt-free yourself? and shouldn't we be directing our anger at the perpetrators of such crimes rather than a few alleged jokers in L1 ?

As for banning them for life - What happened to free speech in this country? If you can't even sound off at a football match any more, what is the place coming to.

:welcome: and good post

welcome Rich

Theres been more controversial first posts mate i actually agree with your points but QPR fans there must of lost family members in the bombings so i suppose it's like me going to your grandmas funeral and singing weres your grandma gone weres your grandma gone. would you find that exceptable

Because neither fat nor ginger people were subject to slavery due to their attributes. Nor were 6 million fat or ginger people murdered by the Nazis. Fat and ginger people were not made under the law second class citizens, as in South Africa or the US etc. The list goes on.

I appreciate that but I still think it's blown out of proportion.

welcome Rich

Theres been more controversial first posts mate i actually agree with your points but QPR fans there must of lost family members in the bombings so i suppose it's like me going to your grandmas funeral and singing weres your grandma gone weres your grandma gone. would you find that exceptable

lol sorry but thats a classic quote lol

Would you tell a joke about 9/11 to one of the victims family/friends? I wouldnt. Yes i may have laughed at a joke but it doesnt mean that i would go telling it to everyone affected by it. At the end of the day if i knew people who had been victim of a terrorist attack like that and someone sung a song about it i wouldnt be best pleased :(

It's about using your judgement, and knowing that something is offensive. Humour is one thing, yes I've heard distasteful jokes, yes I have laughed and told my mates down the pub. What stops me posting them on a public forum is that there will be people who are offended by this.

What happened on Saturday goes beyond this. This wasn't a bit of harmless banter, this was someone's 'clever idea' of how to wind up and get a reaction from the opposition supporters. This is incitement, and when crowds are involved, is illegal.

When teams have come to Filbo or the WS with their racist diatribe, we've expected no less from them, why should our fans be treated differently?

Yeah we've had it a few times but dont kick up such a fuss. How many times have awayers sung "Your just a town full of Pakis" to us

Does this really bother anyone though? We are a city famous for its ethnic population. I love living here and it makes me laugh that people sing that as an insult to us, when I think it's one of the city's main qualities.

It's not really an offensive chant, but because it's meant as offensive, we are offended by it. (does that make sense ?)

If I was a QPR fan, I would be laughing at the Leicester fans as in fact the bombers were all from the Leeds area anyway I believe. It's no different to the Munich chanting to Man Utd, jobless thieves chanting to Scousers, Hull being full of dockers and Grimsby fans smelling of fish etc etc.....

It's just terrace humour - harsh, not very subtle and extremely Un-PC........gotta love it :-)

BTW Thanks for the welcome - much appreciated.

I appreciate that but I still think it's blown out of proportion.

Not really. there are still people in this countrey that would like to see people off a differen ethnic origin as second class citizens. There are people that think they are inferior and don't deserve to be in our country. Combine this with thousands of years of persucution and murder I think it is flippant at best to compare racism to laughing at someone with ginger hair. <_<

Rich-MC24, where is the humour in what was chanted. It is just a childish attempt to fuel up anger. You may not have been hurt by it, but I certainly was angered by it. I get the tube every week of my life and know London is a city in fear, a bit of solidarity fro0m the rest of the country would be appreciated.

Archived