Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

Riyad- stay for one more year, sign a new bumper contract and go to Barca next summer for £60million.

He may as well sign a new contract and for some reason if he was on 100k a week I reckon clubs would be bidding more than £35m for him. Just psychology, teams think they can get him on the cheap as he is only on 35k a week

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Reckon he'll go in January if we're out of the CL and lingering mid-table in the league.  Hopefully neither of those are the case.

What if we are in Europa League? I can't see us not being in Europe in February: We'd have to come last in our group. I think we are a better club than Basel and Brugge. It is possible we will have an unlucky draw (but it would have to be really unlucky), but I am not sure we would want to let him go if we are still in Europe in any form.

If what's come out today is true I'm torn now.

We should be offering him more than £80k he should at least be offered what Vardy is on. If he's holding out for the right deal fair enough but if he truly wants away and isn't fully committed IMO we should get the best deal we can and let him go.

I don't want to think he has his mind on the next transfer window and is not giving 100% as he might get injured and his chance to cash in will disappear.

If he's desperate to not be here, which seems to be possoble, he's going to be crap and upset the dressing room. Ridiculous to keep him against his wishes unless here's been no decent bids. Wenger will know this but won't bid enough to make it worth while, he's not Barca ready, and Chelsea won't want him surely with Conte wanting to play his way. Means we could well have a rough time ahead and lose him after falling out of love with him. Hope not. 

17 minutes ago, ronnup said:

If he's desperate to not be here, which seems to be possoble, he's going to be crap and upset the dressing room. Ridiculous to keep him against his wishes unless here's been no decent bids. Wenger will know this but won't bid enough to make it worth while, he's not Barca ready, and Chelsea won't want him surely with Conte wanting to play his way. Means we could well have a rough time ahead and lose him after falling out of love with him. Hope not. 

It's not in his character to be like that. I don't see a personality changing after two and half years of being quite quiet. 

If he doesn't perform, he will lose his stock. It's in his interest to keep performing. If he goes and sulks, other clubs begin to question character and if he fails in the CL, bigger clubs question quality.

He will go when the club see fit. For once the club played a blinder, signing him on a new deal when they did.

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's not in his character to be like that. I don't see a personality changing after two and half years of being quite quiet. 

If he doesn't perform, he will lose his stock. It's in his interest to keep performing. If he goes and sulks, other clubs begin to question character and if he fails in the CL, bigger clubs question quality.

He will go when the club see fit. For once the club played a blinder, signing him on a new deal when they did.

But he doesn't need a personality change, he can want to do well and have the best intentions in he world but if he wanted to go and is forced to stay he's going to perform worse surely 

1 minute ago, crisp packet said:

Selective reading .

No (official) news is good news?

He is under contract for 3 more years!

End of.

It is possible to hold a sulker hostage, like WBA did Berahino, but we do need to consider the impact on other potential signings. It is not a good vibe to give out.

I suspect the contract will be sorted pretty soon. He may not be so sellable in Jan, don't forget as well as cuptied there is the African CoN.

It's not in his interest to go out and give half arsed performances as it won't get him that big move in Jan/next summer....look no further than berahino, messed about chasing the big move and is now being linked with mid table prem teams, will be exactly the same with Riyad if he has an awful 4/5 months no big club is going to come in for him for the price we'll be after

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

But he doesn't need a personality change, he can want to do well and have the best intentions in he world but if he wanted to go and is forced to stay he's going to perform worse surely 

The personality comment refers to disrupting the squad. 

And if he performs worse, he gets dropped and clubs lose interest in him. He would still have two years to run on his contract in such example. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The personality comment refers to disrupting the squad. 

And if he performs worse, he gets dropped and clubs lose interest in him. He would still have two years to run on his contract in such example. 

Spot on. Berahino sulked and he went from Spurs being interested to his career going down the pan. I'm glad we are playing hardball, football needs it with the big clubs just taking who they want regardless of contracts.

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Spot on. Berahino sulked and he went from Spurs being interested to his career going down the pan. I'm glad we are playing hardball, football needs it with the big clubs just taking who they want regardless of contracts.

I'm with you here. We and our players were nobody to these clubs the year before and because of a one year team great performance the so called big name clubs began their vulturing (made up word) over King Power Stadium

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

Well when he turns up on the pitch il let him off.

Who says he's sulking though? Players can be off form without it being because they're throwing wobbly over a move.

Don't know how I feel about the latest rumours if true.

If true, basically we have a player who doesn't want to be here, but has to accept the club doesn't want or won't sell.

Not the best situation if true, I think we have got to accept riyad will leave in the near future, as a player who wanted to stop would have haggled a new deal over the past months, or come out and quashed the rumours.

I think riyad has enough respect for the club, owners, manager and fans to give his all, as it  was city that gave him the platform to be one of the most wanted players around.

Just a shame we have to accept our club isn't classed as a top club, and players offered the chance to move to the elite clubs, will want to go.

In the meantime we can live in hope he decides he wants to be hero worshiped here, or become a class player amongst a team of stars.

Archived