Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

No doubt this transfer window will affect players minds. But come the 1st Sept when he is still a LCFC player I believe he will be 100% committed to the team and especially trying to impress in the champions league.

if a club offers less than £55m why would / should we sell? I think Mahrez must understand this and if Arsenal only want to offer £35m then I'm sorry but that price tags shows a lack of faith in him to me

Apparently L'Equipe are releasing a report that Mahrez is now willing to clash with Leicster to drive a move to Arsenal. This is just getting absurd, talk about conflicting stories. This needs to be sorted immediately, for the sake of the club - if he goes by stamping his feet to drive an exit, it would be very disrespectful indeed, just as the season is about to commence.

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Why only 80k though ffs, or is this just bs?

Just look how far we've come in the last few years when we're talking about 'only 80k per week' for a Leicester player. Bonkers...

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just look how far we've come in the last few years when we're talking about 'only 80k per week' for a Leicester player. Bonkers...

PFA player of the year Leicester player :D

This is arsenal getting the french press to unsettle the player (and the fans).

Mahrez looked bored last season as well some games (yes some leics fans said this) yet he was involved in tons of goals and is the player of the year.

Isnt it amazing how all of arsenal's targets have lots of press coverage? It is a tactic of their's to try and get players.

Why is mahrez taking players on all the time? ever thought the manager has asked him to do this?  Also as a manager I wouldnt expect my players to push 100% in friendlies with risk of injuring themselves.  I also would be aware future opponents would be watching us to see how we play so for that reason I wouldnt want my team to be 100% and show all their cards.

This media campaign to get Mahrez signed by a "big club" as opposed to playing for Little Leicester has got boring.

Let's just get behind Mahrez and the rest of the team on Saturday.  He's still a Leicester player right now and I'm not listening to or paying attention to any bullsh!t news story until I see something on the official LCFC website telling me otherwise

This whole saga is getting rather tedious albeit it is probably the media making most of it up in the main. This will drag on until the end of August and if he's still here it will start all over again in January.

He is PFA player of the year,  is 25 years old and has three years left on his current contract with no release clause. Where has this ridiculous talk of a 30-35m transfer fee come from?

He could sign a new deal with us for around 100k a week or we could make him stay on his current contract.

If he really does decide he wants out then he should only be sold for double the amount(s) mentioned above, which would rule out Arsenal anyway.

5 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Cannot believe this b*ll*cks of a non-story is worrying some people.

GET A GRIP.

Mahrez IS a Leicester City player committed to the team under contract with no exit clauses, it's just the *****ng media home and abroad spreading bullcrap.

He was offered his new terms on the 14th of June, that's almost 7 weeks ago. There is always going to be a risk, remember when we said we wouldn't keep unhappy players....

It looks even more clear this morning that the battle between the club and mahrez agent revolves around 'release clause'. 

I am am convinced that arsenal are interested. There is no way that they will reveal an offer in case they are knocked back. Two knock backs on Lcfc players in one window would be shocking for their standing in the game. That's why ornstein has said there is no firm interest. He is their 'mouthpiece'. Similarly , I believe that tanner and Aarons have been fed similar stories from the Lcfc side reflecting our position. 

Chelsea are hanging around because they would like to be involved if there is a deal to be done. Riyad wants to play CL football. Conte could convince him that one more season without it would be OK. 

We remain in the driving seat. What happens in the end will be because we are more comfortable with it than the player is. However, the player is a human being and his form will be affected by his state of mind. 

Unless we relent on the release clause enough to allow his agent to be happy for his client to sign, then this will run and run until the window closes. 

Its possible that yesterday's meeting threw up new things that will lead to new rumours over the next few days. The narrative changed overnight somewhat - previously mahrez unwilling to push on the door, but now willing to force the issue. 

Nowt we can do but wait and hope he concentrates on the matter in hand come Saturday. 

contrary to to general concensus, I think we are hard negotiators - otherwise we would have given him his 100k/week and comfy clause and he would have signed a new deal.

He has cost a miserly 350K or so,

His wages were among the lower ones among the starters,

He got no release clause, contrarily to Vardy and Kante.

Now, it is time to give the guy a huuuuuuuuge break .... FFS

Edit: Wages and clause need to be adequate.

It appears that the 80k offered was on the basis of a release clause being inserted at the agents request...implying he will leave in 12 months and any offer above that would not allow for the inclusion of a release clause. I think city are hard balling Riyad by saying if you want to earn top money like Vardy then commit properly.....sadly I think Riyad or his agent want it on all fronts....if Riyad signs no new contract and stays on 30k a week then the season ahead could be a bumpy one and between now and Sept 1st the noise and distraction will be difficult for him to handle!!

if this is the case it is sad as he was outstanding last season but is not the finished article and I think his head being turned could harm his development...

7 minutes ago, MattCan said:

He has cost a miserly 350K or so,

His wages were among the lower ones among the starters,

He got no release clause, contrarily to Vardy and Kante.

Now, it is time to give the guy a huuuuuuuuge break .... FFS

His new contract from last Aug is rumoured to be anywhere around 50k down to 35k. 

Thats decent re starters from last season

Offering him 80k reflected the fact that the club knew he would want a release clause and tough negotiations would follow on any new deal. they needed to be able to increase and not end up far from vardy. 

I agree that we shouldn't be trying to make too much from him though. A 50 mill profit on a player is more than enough.

Hope we can make it a trigger rather than release clause so that a bidding war could up any ante. However, his people would want to resist that.

Archived