Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

He does deserve more and we've offered that which he apparently turned down. If he wants a release clause it needs to be market value which is 50-60m+. I think he needs to remember that had we not plucked him out of France he could well still be playing that shit level now, let alone be a premier league champion and about to play in the champions league.

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Most of the reports have indicated 35K for the running contract. But, you re probably more informed than me.

I'm not but I've seen reports from 35 up to 50

knowing that he signed late last August after his flying start to the second and that Kante had a trigger clause,( both players are within the same umbrella organisation),  I would be v surprised if his agent agreed to 35k with no clauses. (Especially as most of his 4 yr contract would be within the new PL tv contract) 

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He does deserve more and we've offered that which he apparently turned down. If he wants a release clause it needs to be market value which is 50-60m+. I think he needs to remember that had we not plucked him out of France he could well still be playing that shit level now. 

And I need to remember (together with millions of people worldwide) the moments of joy he has given us for many many months. Yeah, thank you Riyad.

5 minutes ago, MattCan said:

And I need to remember (together with millions of people worldwide) the moments of joy he has given us for many many months. Yeah, thank you Riyad.

No doubt about that, he has been amazing but it goes both ways. This club and fans have done nothing but support him,  how about showing a bit of gratitude. Barcelona I would get, but Arsenal?! Serial underachievers, he has as much chance of winning things here. 

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

No doubt about that, he has been amazing but it goes both ways. This club and fans have done nothing but support him,  how about showing a bit of gratitude. Barcelona I would get, but Arsenal?! Serial underachievers, he has as much chance of winning things here. 

Agree 100 %. The point is ( as you said ), it should be both ways.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Couple of weeks ago I was told his agent said he would sign but only on the same terms or better as vardy. If we have only offered 80k a week, it doesn't surprise me it's been rejected.

if they want a release clause it can only be 70 million or more. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

His new contract from last Aug is rumoured to be anywhere around 50k down to 35k. 

Thats decent re starters from last season

Offering him 80k reflected the fact that the club knew he would want a release clause and tough negotiations would follow on any new deal. they needed to be able to increase and not end up far from vardy. 

I agree that we shouldn't be trying to make too much from him though. A 50 mill profit on a player is more than enough.

Hope we can make it a trigger rather than release clause so that a bidding war could up any ante. However, his people would want to resist that.

This makes sense. He can't have it both ways, either a relatively low wage (80k) with a release clause, or a higher wage, not both.

Arsenal fans seem very keen on him but I dont think their style suits him. He is most effective cutting in and the way arsenal play, that area is always congested.  He thrives in our set up as vardy forces their back four to sit deep and leaves plenty of space to run into for him.  He is rarely effective playing in the areas where holding midfielders are sitting and making him go down the line takes most of his effectiveness away if you get two defenders onto him. 

He would be useful to them in the few games each season where they play more on the break. Even then, their lack of a pacey striker will make him less effective.

Just as as vardy was advised not to go there for reasons of style, I believe the same applies to riyad. 

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

It appears that the 80k offered was on the basis of a release clause being inserted at the agents request...implying he will leave in 12 months and any offer above that would not allow for the inclusion of a release clause. I think city are hard balling Riyad by saying if you want to earn top money like Vardy then commit properly.....sadly I think Riyad or his agent want it on all fronts....if Riyad signs no new contract and stays on 30k a week then the season ahead could be a bumpy one and between now and Sept 1st the noise and distraction will be difficult for him to handle!!

if this is the case it is sad as he was outstanding last season but is not the finished article and I think his head being turned could harm his development...

So they should.

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

he's followed one of arsenal's french players on twitter this morning, apparently.

just get it over with already...

Didn't one of theirs follow a couple of ours a few days back?

Archived