Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

After all that's been going on, why follow an Arsenal player, today of all days? Really doesn't help, personally I think he's sulking and trying to drive himself out - you could see his frustration during the community shield. We need to tell Wenger £55m, take it or leave it, if he doesn't pay then tell Riyad that they don't want you that much then do they?

4 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

After all that's been going on, why follow an Arsenal player, today of all days? Really doesn't help, personally I think he's sulking and trying to drive himself out - you could see his frustration during the community shield. We need to tell Wenger £55m, take it or leave it, if he doesn't pay then tell Riyad that they don't want you that much then do they?

agent will have told arsenal what his client is worth. (And that he wants a 10 mill s/o fee. ) 

arsenal will have told the agent that he is worth 50m 

whatever the difference, riyad can demand in s/o fee. It's not in his interest for the fee to be too high

Got called delusional on reddit by a chelsea fan because I said I'd be content with him going for £60m. A chelsea fan for god sake. Apparently we should take £45m because he's only had one good season and he is unhappy according to some Arsenal fan. 

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Got called delusional on reddit by a chelsea fan because I said I'd be content with him going for £60m. A chelsea fan for god sake. Apparently we should take £45m because he's only had one good season and he is unhappy according to some Arsenal fan. 

lollollollol

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol

No idea why Riyad would want to go to Arsenal when they're pussyfooting about like that.

Just offer what he's worth if you want him. 50m and we'll talk.

Exactly, if Arsenal want him they are going about it the wrong way.  The Manchester clubs and Liverpool want a player and the selling club name a price they pay it and it's done no fuss. Wenger is showing Mahrez no love.

All the stories are coming from the French press who said Kante was already at every other club in Europe then ended up at Chelsea so I've no worries about this. The owner said he's not going, he'll get his 100k+ by the end of the window if he signs, if not he stays on his 35-50k a week for three years. 

Hopefully the club stand firm and don't put a release/trigger and if so its to the benefit of the club not Riyad.  £60m starting price, if it's Barca then we get to dip into their academy too. 

Everton stood firm with Stones and got 7m more than Chelsea offered last season even though he was poo.  Lukaku came out and said he wants CL football and they slapped 75m on him as he's under contract.

Fuch being nice to a player who doesn't want to be here, maximum price once we as a club are in a position to let you leave, unless you are rubbish and offer no value. 

saying that I think it's all agent talk to get a bigger contract than Vardy.

I think the club has been clear that he isn't for sale. He might be trying to force the issue, but I can't see them selling the PFA Player of the Year days before beginning a title defense, especially given there is not a real replacement available (even if we got that Brazilian kid, he's not ready to start in the Premier League yet).

I would add that the if the club sold two of their three "top" players the year after winning the Premier League, it would be a sign they were a one-season wonder, and they don't want to give that sign. Keeping Mahrez this season is important for LCFC as they line up transfers...good up-and-coming players want to play for ambitious teams, not teams that look like they are satisfied with the cash and a mid-table finish. It is important for the future of the club that they look like they want to hold onto their stars, especially when approached by one of their main rivals for the title.

As Ranieri says over and over again: The only reason Kante left was because he had a clause. Mahrez doesn't. Those pictures with Vichai holding onto Mahrez's ears? Those aren't the only bits of his anatomy he has in his hands.

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

agent will have told arsenal what his client is worth. (And that he wants a 10 mill s/o fee. ) 

arsenal will have told the agent that he is worth 50m 

whatever the difference, riyad can demand in s/o fee. It's not in his interest for the fee to be too high

Who cares what his agent has told Arsenal what he's worth, he works for Mahrez, Mahrez works for LCFC under a long contract with no release clause.

I love Mahrez but in this instance he shouldn't and won't have and say in any transfer price especially one that leaves the club with less money and an amazing player short. 

Im hoping Rudkin, Top and Vichi are getting sick of Mahrezs agent and play it hard which they appear to be doing. 

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think the club has been clear that he isn't for sale. He might be trying to force the issue, but I can't see them selling the PFA Player of the Year days before beginning a title defense, especially given there is not a real replacement available (even if we got that Brazilian kid, he's not ready to start in the Premier League yet).

I would add that the if the club sold two of their three "top" players the year after winning the Premier League, it would be a sign they were a one-season wonder, and they don't want to give that sign. Keeping Mahrez this season is important for LCFC as they line up transfers...good up-and-coming players want to play for ambitious teams, not teams that look like they are satisfied with the cash and a mid-table finish. It is important for the future of the club that they look like they want to hold onto their stars, especially when approached by one of their main rivals for the title.

As Ranieri says over and over again: The only reason Kante left was because he had a clause. Mahrez doesn't. Those pictures with Vichai holding onto Mahrez's ears? Those aren't the only bits of his anatomy he has in his hands.

Great post. Plus one

is anyone else bothered by the ridiculous offer that city is giving him.80K a week. 80k!!!!. for the player of the season while vardy is getting 100k. that blatant disrespect. the club is offering almost half what kanté is now making. i think mkhi is on 200k a week. and he is no were near as good as mahrez. offer him 125/150k a week. no one gonna be mad about the best player in the team getting the best wage.offer him that. then when he refuses. you can go and say he is distracted by rumours. don't low-ball him and then expect him to be happy to get half what other less talented players in the league are getting

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

is anyone else bothered by the ridiculous offer that city is giving him.80K a week. 80k!!!!. for the player of the season while vardy is getting 100k. that blatant disrespect. the club is offering almost half what kanté is now making. i think mkhi is on 200k a week. and he is no were near as good as mahrez. offer him 125/150k a week. no one gonna be mad about the best player in the team getting the best wage.offer him that. then when he refuses. you can go and say he is distracted by rumours. don't low-ball him and then expect him to be happy to get half what other less talented players in the league are getting

No but I am bothered by your Blasé attitude towards economics and business.

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

No but I am bothered by your Blasé attitude towards economics and business.

i am not saying give everyone 100+k. danny and marc should be 60-70. the rest of the starters should be 70-85. vardy a hundred and then splash the cash on mahrez. supposedly the club only want 1 more year out of him. so give him the biggest wage possible. that will not kill your wage structure

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

You have no idea what we offered, what Vardy is on or what Kante is currently earning.

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Queue Chinese club with 50£ mill offer

No fun playing in China as the classified Check is read out before the Games Kick off.

Bribes can however top up your already  hefty salary.  

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

i am not saying give everyone 100+k. danny and marc should be 60-70. the rest of the starters should be 70-85. vardy a hundred and then splash the cash on mahrez. supposedly the club only want 1 more year out of him. so give him the biggest wage possible. that will not kill your wage structure

Great plan. Let's blast all wages to stupid heights so when we get relegated we can be the next pompy. 

Compare our wages to spurs and our players are already on good wages. We want players that want to be here for the football not for the stacks of cash. We're not Chelsea for fuch sake!

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Meanwhile, holding Riyad's iPhone...

tr-and-vr-4-3-lc6336-250280-633085_478x359.jpg

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Great plan. Let's blast all wages to stupid heights so when we get relegated we can be the next pompy. 

Compare our wages to spurs and our players are already on good wages. We want players that want to be here for the football not for the stacks of cash. We're not Chelsea for fuch sake!

like i said. the club is asking only one more year from mahrez. so the other then vardy. no one is coming close to 100k. i think danny.marc and okazaki should get 60k. drinkwater.schmeichel.fuchs.huth.morgen have the right to get 70k.

53 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

This sums it up. It's not in the club's interest to sell, particularly at this stage of the transfer window.

It will take a monumental bid to sign him. It won't come from Arsenal.

like i said. the club is asking only one more year from mahrez. so the other then vardy. no one is coming close to 100k. i think danny.marc and okazaki should get 60k. drinkwater.schmeichel.fuchs.huth.morgen have the right to get 70k.

You don't have a ****ing clue about football, do you?

You're basically asking to double or tripple everyones wages, on top of new signings wages... not going to happen.

Archived