Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

like i said. the club is asking only one more year from mahrez. so the other then vardy. no one is coming close to 100k. i think danny.marc and okazaki should get 60k. drinkwater.schmeichel.fuchs.huth.morgen have the right to get 70k.

Whatever drugs you're taking you need to sell me some. Seriously, you must be bouncing off the walls. 

37 minutes ago, the fox said:

is anyone else bothered by the ridiculous offer that city is giving him.80K a week. 80k!!!!. for the player of the season while vardy is getting 100k. that blatant disrespect. the club is offering almost half what kanté is now making. i think mkhi is on 200k a week. and he is no were near as good as mahrez. offer him 125/150k a week. no one gonna be mad about the best player in the team getting the best wage.offer him that. then when he refuses. you can go and say he is distracted by rumours. don't low-ball him and then expect him to be happy to get half what other less talented players in the league are getting

Both Kante and Vardy had leverage as they both had clauses, the only one who benefits from a new contract is Mahrez. We hold all the cards.

What is the cost of keeping him for

3 years on £35,000 a week?

we'd save £10 million in wages (on £100000 a week wages) however we would show others we aren't a push over? 

There re is no need to sell as we have effectively spent no money this transfer window!

The club hold the cards and with 3 years left on the contract there is no reason to sell for anything but an astronomical amount.  If mahrez wants to lose out on £10 million he can, if he wants to sign on our terms he can.

I think his agent poorly negotiated the last contract and has much less leverage than vardy and Kante had and is trying to get more leverage built in. The club is rightly holding firm against this as they are in a very strong position within negotiations. Think it will last a while but we will reach a deal we are all happy with eventually. 

Arsenal seem to to be being used again to strengthen mahrez's position. However they are in a far weaker start point than when they negotiated the vardy deal, because mahrez will only go to arsenal if we want him to. All in all I think we need to stay strong, mahrez may get a little mardy, however I think eventually it will give us the best outcome long term. :)

13 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Both Kante and Vardy had leverage as they both had clauses, the only one who benefits from a new contract is Mahrez. We hold all the cards.

so you're telling me that the club is low-balling mahrez because he have no leverage. if you want a player to be happy you should not force him to twist your hand to giving him what he deserves. what goes around come around like they say . give him 120+k and a release clause of 55m +  addons

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

so you're telling me that the club is low-balling mahrez because he have no leverage. if you want a player to be happy you should not force him to twist your hand to giving him what he deserves. what goes around come around like they say . give him 120+k and a release clause of 55m+ addons

It's called getting the best deal you moron, with everything in our favour why should we give him 120k a week plus a release clause he'll post likely have activated next year? That's like folding on a royal flush because keith deserves a bit of money he's had a bit of bad luck recently.

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

so you're telling me that the club is low-balling mahrez because he have no leverage. if you want a player to be happy you should not force him to twist your hand to giving him what he deserves. what goes around come around like they say . give him 120+k and a release clause of 55m +  addons

If you want a player to be happy, you give him a good deal for what he puts on the table: That includes loyalty. Vardy and Schmeichel are getting good money because they will probably stay for years to come. Everyone knows Mahrez will leave at the end of the season. So his agent is asking for the club to both give him a huge raise, and accept less money for him when he is sold? It doesn't make sense for the club.

And Mahrez has nothing to gain from causing a fuss. He has had one great season. If the writing is on the wall that he is staying, then he has to have another great season in order to not be seen as a one-season wonder.

And CR is right: It's better for his career that he stay. Leicester will tolerate off days, and is suited to his style. Arsenal will not, and doesn't; and is loaded at his position. 

52 minutes ago, the fox said:

like i said. the club is asking only one more year from mahrez. so the other then vardy. no one is coming close to 100k. i think danny.marc and okazaki should get 60k. drinkwater.schmeichel.fuchs.huth.morgen have the right to get 70k.

Remember just over a decade ago where we nearly went to the wall, or Leeds and Portsmouth a few years later doing similar?

Remember why? Because we and they threw stupid money at everyone. With the new tv income wages could go up slightly but doubling most of the squads in one fell swoop - all a bit Leeds circa 2001.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

i think danny.marc and okazaki should get 60k. drinkwater.schmeichel.fuchs.huth.morgen have the right to get 70k.

If you think Danny should get 60k a week and Drinkwater should get 70k a week I dread to think what you would pay Alex Oxlade Chamberlain!

ps - presumably you mean Simpson but the way you are throwing the cash around who knows!

38 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's called getting the best deal you moron, with everything in our favour why should we give him 120k a week plus a release clause he'll post likely have activated next year? That's like folding on a royal flush because keith deserves a bit of money he's had a bit of bad luck recently.

This is getting confusing - who the fvck is Keith?

39 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

25 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Remember just over a decade ago where we nearly went to the wall, or Leeds and Portsmouth a few years later doing similar?

Remember why? Because we and they threw stupid money at everyone. With the new tv income wages could go up slightly but doubling most of the squads in one fell swoop - all a bit Leeds circa 2001.

Of course he doesn't remember, he only heard of Leicester last year.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Of course he doesn't remember, he only heard of Leicester last year.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Remember when we were calling for Mahrez to start in the WC and the Algerian fans were telling us he wasn't good enough?

Funny that.

I do think it is funny these mahrez only fans coming on saying how the club should be run. Yet four years ago they had never heard of us or mahrez. I bet some would struggle to point England out on a world map let alone Leicester on a British map.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I do think it is funny these mahrez only fans coming on saying how the club should be run. Yet four years ago they had never heard of us or mahrez. I bet some would struggle to point England out on a world map let alone Leicester on a British map.

The truth is, we've done infinitely more for Riyad than they ever have.

In fact, he probably regrets opting to play for them so early - he could he playing with his actual countrymen Pogba and Griezmann by now.

Archived