Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

At the moment I don't think Mahrez is going anywhere. The 'guff' we are getting from the French press probably emanates from Riyad's agent to get a better deal from us. Wenger needs a defender and a top striker for his big bucks spending. He already has a load of play makers so Riyad is a low priority. I have no doubt Wenger knows how good Riyad is. I think it may well depend on whether Ozil gets his wish to go to Real Madrid, for which Arsenal would get big bucks. Wenger could well then get serious about offering a big price for Mahrez. If that don't happen Mahrez will not be going to Arsenal, at least not in this transfer window.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I do think it is funny these mahrez only fans coming on saying how the club should be run. Yet four years ago they had never heard of us or mahrez. I bet some would struggle to point England out on a world map let alone Leicester on a British map.

They will move on to support whatever club he joins next, along with supporting Messi, Ibra and Ronaldo.  I would have thought that Riyad has more ties to the city now seeing as his wife and child are from here.  He has given the club so much but on a personal level coming to Leicester  has changed his life. 

The owners and Claudio have more class but I would love them to call out Wenger and ask him to stop unsettling our player through the press and respect the club, as they already have said he's not for sale.  If the stories are coming from his agent then any feeling of being unsettled and having his head turned is on Mahrez as it's the people he employs that are creating the problem.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

so you're telling me that the club is low-balling mahrez because he have no leverage. if you want a player to be happy you should not force him to twist your hand to giving him what he deserves. what goes around come around like they say . give him 120+k and a release clause of 55m +  addons

You can't just give the player and agent everything they want because like a spoilt child it soon won't be enough and they'll want something else soon enough.

It's important that the club don't lose another one of our elite players as that just sends out the wrong message to our current players and prospective players that we don't belong at this level and will roll over and get our tummy tickled by bigger clubs.

I'd be happy enough for the club to verbally agree to Mahrez being sold a year down the line but we need to be getting market value at the very least. There is form from this from Everton who refuse to let their best players go unless a King's ransom is paid. At the moment Mahrez is a one season wonder so to establish himself as a world class player he needs to perform this season. Leicester hold all the cards with no release clause and a three year contract on relative poverty wages and shouldn't allow themselves to concede the high ground just to keep Mahrez 100% happy for a short period of time. I think some middle ground will be agreed and it's in Mahrez's best interest to knuckle down after it and play to the best of his ability.

Also your suggestion of giving Danny Simpson £60k a week is ludicrous, paying players more than they would get at any other club is a recipe for disaster. By all means pay your key players top whack but the "makeweights" for want of a better word shouldn't be given above their value otherwise you'll never be able to shift them on in the coming transfer windows.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

You can't just give the player and agent everything they want because like a spoilt child it soon won't be enough and they'll want something else soon enough.

It's important that the club don't lose another one of our elite players as that just sends out the wrong message to our current players and prospective players that we don't belong at this level and will roll over and get our tummy tickled by bigger clubs.

I'd be happy enough for the club to verbally agree to Mahrez being sold a year down the line but we need to be getting market value at the very least. There is form from this from Everton who refuse to let their best players go unless a King's ransom is paid. At the moment Mahrez is a one season wonder so to establish himself as a world class player he needs to perform this season. Leicester hold all the cards with no release clause and a three year contract on relative poverty wages and shouldn't allow themselves to concede the high ground just to keep Mahrez 100% happy for a short period of time. I think some middle ground will be agreed and it's in Mahrez's best interest to knuckle down after it and play to the best of his ability.

Also your suggestion of giving Danny Simpson £60k a week is ludicrous, paying players more than they would get at any other club is a recipe for disaster. By all means pay your key players top whack but the "makeweights" for want of a better word shouldn't be given above their value otherwise you'll never be able to shift them on in the coming transfer windows.

100% agree on your Simpson comment - he is a good full back who we saved from going nowhere and if you were buying him you would not offer more than 30k to 40k a week - if we are spending more on a right back I want a top top right back who can attack, defend, has pace, can cross a ball - Danny was excellent and consistent but a small piece in the jigsaw.

In terms of Mahrez keeping a player under duress does not work - irrespective of us holding the cards which we do. I think we saw with John Stones the give us 12 months factor...he was generally awful for Everton and I genuinely think that part of our success has been the team spirit and commitment from each of the squad - Mahrez's situation could unbalance the squad or he could get himself alienated which having watched him over the past couple of years would be such a shame. He is undoubtedly one of the most talented players we have ever had but his agent or advisors are doing a poor job if he is being advised to go to the Arsenal or haggling for more money without allowing the club to have some guarantee about future fee or control over the level of fee!!.....

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I do think it is funny these mahrez only fans coming on saying how the club should be run. Yet four years ago they had never heard of us or mahrez. I bet some would struggle to point England out on a world map let alone Leicester on a British map.

this is really getting on my nerves.
#1. because i am just suggesting
#2. why do you call every algerian leicester supporter "a only mahrez fan" . i am done justifying myself to you or any other person. just because i am algerian i have to be only a mahrez fan. i don't see the same treatment for welsh. jamaicans. german and people from ghana and nigeria. why should we be categorized as "mahrez fans". is it hard for you to believe that i am also a leicester fan ..also  what is wrong with being a new fan. please just tell me. you need to reconsider how you think about people.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Remember when we were calling for Mahrez to start in the WC and the Algerian fans were telling us he wasn't good enough?

Funny that.

Didn't they play him at left back? lol

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Remember when we were calling for Mahrez to start in the WC and the Algerian fans were telling us he wasn't good enough?

Funny that.

Didn't they play him at left back? lol

Get a grip. People outside the UK pick a PL football club to start supporting for any number of reasons. Liking a countryman player is a far better reason to start supporting a club, compared to stupid reasons I've heard like "Crystal Palace sounds like a strip club therefore I picked them"

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Get a grip. People outside the UK pick a PL football club to start supporting for any number of reasons. Liking a countryman player is a far better reason to start supporting a club, compared to stupid reasons I've heard like "Crystal Palace sounds like a strip club therefore I picked them"

Well there are a fair few tits in Crystal Palace :scarf:

15 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

100% agree on your Simpson comment - he is a good full back who we saved from going nowhere and if you were buying him you would not offer more than 30k to 40k a week - if we are spending more on a right back I want a top top right back who can attack, defend, has pace, can cross a ball - Danny was excellent and consistent but a small piece in the jigsaw.

In terms of Mahrez keeping a player under duress does not work - irrespective of us holding the cards which we do. I think we saw with John Stones the give us 12 months factor...he was generally awful for Everton and I genuinely think that part of our success has been the team spirit and commitment from each of the squad - Mahrez's situation could unbalance the squad or he could get himself alienated which having watched him over the past couple of years would be such a shame. He is undoubtedly one of the most talented players we have ever had but his agent or advisors are doing a poor job if he is being advised to go to the Arsenal or haggling for more money without allowing the club to have some guarantee about future fee or control over the level of fee!!.....

Stones was toss before they bid for him, and continued to be toss afterwards.  As for it not working, it worked perfectly for Everton as far as they are concerned, because they got the fee they wanted rather than what the original bid was.

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The truth is, we've done infinitely more for Riyad than they ever have.

In fact, he probably regrets opting to play for them so early - he could he playing with his actual countrymen Pogba and Griezmann by now.

how dare you call griezmann and pogba " his countrymen". did he came out and say he is french. we are actually a very good team (the best in africa). you are talking about "proud for being the underdog" but refuse to beleive that he choose a lesser team because he felt it is home ( you raved about vardy turning down arsenal for leicester. but you find it hard to beleive that mahrez is satisfied with his NT pack)

Interesting from Ranieri in his conference. 

When asked 'you've said that you won't keep any player that's unhappy; you only want players that want to be here. Are you convinced that Riyad wants to be here'

He replied by saying 'err, yes, but, sometimes a manager says one thing and does another thing'.

Perhaps that's Ranieri struggling with communicating his point. It's just interesting that he'd answer like that. As if to say 'I know I said that, and he isn't totally happy, but we still won't be selling'.

That's how I interpreted it at least.

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

#2. why do you call every algerian leicester supporter "a only mahrez fan" . i am done justifying myself to you or any other person. just because i am algerian i have to be only a mahrez fan. i don't see the same treatment for welsh. jamaicans. german and people from ghana and nigeria. why should we be categorized as "mahrez fans". is it hard for you to believe that i am also a leicester fan ..also and what is wrong with being a new fan. please just tell me. you need to reconsider how you think about people.

Im pretty sure it's not because you're Algerian (he didn't even mention that) but that you think the club should just bend over backwards and give mahrez the high wage and low release clause he apparently wants. That's not a fair deal for the club. 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

#2. why do you call every algerian leicester supporter "a only mahrez fan" . i am done justifying myself to you or any other person. just because i am algerian i have to be only a mahrez fan. i don't see the same treatment for welsh. jamaicans. german and people from ghana and nigeria. why should we be categorized as "mahrez fans". is it hard for you to believe that i am also a leicester fan ..also and what is wrong with being a new fan. please just tell me. you need to reconsider how you think about people.

Perhaps something to do with the fact that no other player has created such an influx.

Perhaps because Algerians' invade other forms of social media and only comment about Mahrez. Perhaps because many Algerians have stated the won't hang around after Mahrez has left. No I am not racist either it's just the way most Algerians come across not caring for our club just Mahrez. But sorry I am a life long Leicester City fan and the club was here long before and will be long after any player.

2 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

Interesting from Ranieri in his conference. 

When asked 'you've said that you won't keep any player that's unhappy; you only want players that want to be here. Are you convinced that Riyad wants to be here'

He replied by saying 'err, yes, but, sometimes a manager says one thing and does another thing'.

Perhaps that's Ranieri struggling with communicating his point. It's just interesting that he'd answer like that. As if to say 'I know I said that, and he isn't totally happy, but we still won't be selling'.

That's how I interpreted it at least.

I thought the same

Mahrez has said in multiple interviews he would never wish to play for the French team. His facebook pics are all tagged with #teamdz, even the LCFC ones. He even wrapped himself in an Algerian flag for the post Everton celebrations. I'm not Algerian but it is pretty obvious if you look into it even slightly.

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

lollollollollollolis the crystal palace thing is from that reddit thread about the american dad that liked the name so he started supporting the club

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Im pretty sure it's not because you're Algerian (he didn't even mention that) but that you think the club should just bend over backwards and give mahrez the high wage and low release clause he apparently wants. That's not a fair deal for the club. 

i did not mention any low release clause. actually i said 55m + add-ons. and that is pretty big and few teams can do that. and i think his agent is pushing for 45m. so i said 120+k with 55m+ add-ons is pretty fair

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If that's what Claudio said then thats pretty clear that riyad is interested in a move and unsettled. 

I fear that this will drag on for the rest of the month - I hope it doesn't unsettle our start to the campaign. 

Hull he won't bother us that's 3-0 

arsenal he will be in playing his heart out to try get a move , like a dirty bitch dog he will be hanging his Fanny in the air for wenger to sniff 

Swansea he will want to back up the Arsenal game 

window closes , they offer £30m , we want £45-50 

nothing happens , he stays  

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Stones was toss before they bid for him, and continued to be toss afterwards.  As for it not working, it worked perfectly for Everton as far as they are concerned, because they got the fee they wanted rather than what the original bid was.

I think perfectly is a matter of opinion....if you are a fan of the toffees they have a very different opinion.....and the fee they got now was what they wanted but I think you will find they would rather have not sold him. Stones was provided as an example of a player being distracted and having his head turned......Riyad is no different!!!

Just now, the fox said:

i did not mention any low release clause. actually i said 55m + add-ons. and that is pretty big and few teams can do that. and i think his agent is pushing for 45m. so i said 120+k with 55m+ add-ons is pretty fair

If he wants more wages than vardy then he shouldn't have a release fee.  He should go for what we feel is an acceptable amount though. If he wants less wages then put one in. 

Archived