Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If that's what Claudio said then thats pretty clear that riyad is interested in a move and unsettled. 

I fear that this will drag on for the rest of the month - I hope it doesn't unsettle our start to the campaign. 

Or someone has told Claudio saying this doesn't help the club in the media or when it comes to negotiations?

in truth it's all one big game of brinkmanship. At least in this instance we hold all the cards! 

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

how dare you call griezmann and pogba " his countrymen". did he came out and say he is french. we are actually a very good team (the best in africa). you are talking about "proud for being the underdog" but refuse to beleive that he choose a lesser team because he felt it is home ( you raved about vardy turning down arsenal for leicester. but you find it hard to beleive that mahrez is satisfied with his NT pack)

Kid, he's French. Born and raised in the capital of France.  His childhood friends? French. Probably grew up supporting France.

Half your team only plays for you because they didn't think they were good enough for France.

Brahimi? French. Benzia? French. Boudebouz? French. Feghouli? French. Taider? French. Ghoulam? French. Bentaleb? French. Ghezzal? French. Mesloub? French. Hanni? French.

****ing hell, I started this as a joke but I'm struggling to find anyone NOT French! (Amusingly, just Slimani!) Jesus Christ.

Look, bud, I'm Welsh. I get it. Half our squad would have played for England if they were good enough and the likes of Ashley Williams probably regret his choice - just like Riyad probably does.

No need to get salty about it.

(Although I suppose I at least have Ramsey and Bale who are actually Welsh where as it looks like the "best team in Africa" is actually entirely France reserves.)

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I think perfectly is a matter of opinion....if you are a fan of the toffees they have a very different opinion.....and the fee they got now was what they wanted but I think you will find they would rather have not sold him. Stones was provided as an example of a player being distracted and having his head turned......Riyad is no different!!!

I'm sure they did want to keep him, but they knew that wasn't going to happen. From the moment it became clear he wanted to talk to other clubs it's been about getting the fee they wanted

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Kid, he's French. Born and raised in the capital of France.  His childhood friends? French. Probably grew up supporting France.

Half your team only plays for you because they didn't think they were good enough for France.

Brahimi? French. Benzia? French. Boudebouz? French. Feghouli? French. Taider? French. Ghoulam? French. Bentaleb? French. Ghezzal? French. Mesloub? French. Hanni? French.

****ing hell, I started this as a joke but I'm struggling to find anyone NOT French! (Amusingly, just Slimani!) Jesus Christ.

Look, bud, I'm Welsh. I get it. Half our squad would have played for England if they were good enough and the likes of Ashley Williams probably regret his choice - just like Riyad probably does.

(Although I suppose I at least have Ramsey and Bale who are actually Welsh where as it looks like the "best team in Africa" is actually entirely France reserves.)

Just a question.... were you born and raised in England? i mean, i know most of your friends are English now but i know you would say you feel welsh and thats your nationality...

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Just a question.... were you born and raised in England? i mean, i know most of your friends are English now but i know you would say you feel welsh and thats your nationality...

Carmarthen, West Wales.

Six of the twenty five Algerian squad born in Algeria, the rest French. Wow.

To be fair, I've argued the opposite side of the toss hundreds of times on Foxes Talk, I'm always banging on about a person's right to self identify however they wish (usually when discussing Andy King and Rob Earnshsw!!) 

But I couldn't resist winding this kid up. :D

I have no evidence of this but i wonder if the two parties are trying to find common ground re the release clause around current market value. This would mean getting a fair offer made now for the player. Is this what mahrez' people have been trying to do re touting their man to arsenal?? Perhaps we have been trying to get Chelsea interested in making a proposal for the same reason, knowing it will be higher than wenger?? 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Finished the rest, every single midfielder / winger in the latest Algeria squad was born in France.

:nigel:

Sweet Jesus.

I get what you're saying, but I personally would think of my nationality based on my parents'.

My Brother was born in Germany. Doesn't make him German. A very large number of Algerians immigrated to France in the 50s. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

I get what you're saying, but I personally would think of my nationality based on my parents'.

My Brother was born in Germany. Doesn't make him German. A very large number of Algerians immigrated to France in the 50s. 

Shhhhh, don't ruin it.

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Perhaps something to do with the fact that no other player has created such an influx.

Perhaps because Algerians' invade other forms of social media and only comment about Mahrez. Perhaps because many Algerians have stated the won't hang around after Mahrez has left. No I am not racist either it's just the way most Algerians come across not caring for our club just Mahrez. But sorry I am a life long Leicester City fan and the club was here long before and will be long after any player.

i can count the algerians in this forum with my fingers. so don't take algerian facebook fans into consideration. i stated from day one that i supported leicester whan they were in the tail end of the table. when mahrez was in the african cup of nation. when nigel pearson put him on the bench. i am not a bandwagoner. if i was i would be on the arsenal mania forum raving about him. will i support him if he playes in another club. yes. but will i leave leicester city because he is not here. thats a big fat NO!!!. so try to defrintiat between loyel good fans and just a countrymen fans

Just now, Finnegan said:

Shhhhh, don't ruin it.

Yeah sorry I just read your post above :D

Yeah, Mahrez is French through and through. Saw him eating a baguette the other day with onions tied around his neck.

From the sounds of things (not professing to have any inside knowledge btw):

1) We don't need the money and don't want to sell (especially so close to the window and with the season about to begin)

2) Mahrez is open to the possibility of staying, although his agent will obviously try to get him a pay rise if he does

3) Both Mahrez and his agent understandably want to keep the possibility of a 'dream move' open further down the tracks (fair enough)

If we want to avoid him leaving this summer, the best solution for all seems to be to offer him a new contract with a higher wage.

BUT I can only imagine that he'll sign up for this if it includes a realistic release clause. 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

i can count the algerians in this forum with my fingers. so don't take algerian facebook fans into consideration. i stated from day one that i supported leicester whan they were in the tail end of the table. when mahrez was in the african cup of nation. when nigel pearson put him on the bench. i am not a bandwagoner. if i was i would be on the arsenal mania forum raving about him. will i support him if he playes in another club. yes. but will i leave leicester city because he is not here. thats a big fat NO!!!. so try to defrintiat between loyel good fans and just a countrymen fans

We don't really care what your motivation for following Leicester is. I'm pretty sure one of @shen or @MC Prussian first found Leicester via a computer game and stuck with it.

We care that you've turned up in the last couple of days, admitted to being a Leicester fan only for as long as we've been back in the premiership and now you're trying to tell us how we should act and feel about the club we've all invested most of our lives in since childhood.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

yes your right I shall ask 20 questions before I comment on anything in the future.

A little like if a comment don't apply to you you should ignore it instead of taking it personal.

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

Oh yeh I remember now... You're the guy who started the chant about Andy King when he scored that screamer back in League One!

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

with all do respect. being born in france is none of your business. i did not talk about your players. so please respect other people's wishes. it is more complicated than you can understand. thank you and goodbye

14 minutes ago, the fox said:

This really irks me about new fans. For most of my life, and I would imagine for most on here, I've supported a Leicester City team that have been muddling around in the second tier. To any of us, playing in the Premier League is just a massive achievement on its own, so to try and justify your support with this statement seems a bit ridiculous to me.

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

is your brother jeff schlupp

Archived