Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He's played like that last season, and the season before and the season before. 

No he hasn't. Last season if he lost the ball he'd chase it, not just give up. And I saw him throw his hands in the air with frustration on Saturday too, something I hate seeing from any player.

Glad he's learning his other weaknesses (penalties).

You could argue he lost us points last season from the spot kick fails (laziness to smash it in), which weren't relevant due to the magnificent season.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No he hasn't. Last season if he lost the ball he'd chase it, not just give up. And I saw him throw his hands in the air with frustration on Saturday too, something I hate seeing from any player.

Yes he has, he was lambasted end of last season for nothing different. 

Just watched the Hull game (with emotions out the way). Mahrez actually if anything tried too hard. King provided no form of outlet, he was stagnant and slowed play with sideways passing. Our overall lack of fitness showed in the lack of unity going forward as a team, probably marred by the lack of understanding between Hernandez/Morgan and Hull had manipulated the pitch (dried and grass cut high) so as to slow the ball down thus decreasing our chance of fast counter attacks. We also need a creative/attacking midfielder to stop Mahrez getting double/trebled up - eg Luan/Saponara/Siggurdson type. Our play is becoming a bit predictable, however putting Albrighton or Musa on the left wing should help as Gray had a shocker giving the ball away on countless occasions.

7 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Just watched the Hull game (with emotions out the way). Mahrez actually if anything tried too hard. King provided no form of outlet, he was stagnant and slowed play with sideways passing. Our overall lack of fitness showed in the lack of unity going forward as a team, probably marred by the lack of understanding between Hernandez/Morgan and Hull had manipulated the pitch (dried and grass cut high) so as to slow the ball down thus decreasing our chance of fast counter attacks. We also need a creative/attacking midfielder to stop Mahrez getting double/trebled up - eg Luan/Saponara/Siggurdson type. Our play is becoming a bit predictable, however putting Albrighton or Musa on the left wing should help as Gray had a shocker giving the ball away on countless occasions.

Spot on there mate, we'll shred arsenal I reckon :)

7 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Mahrez was covered each time he cut in. He was a bit too predictable. Gray was poor defensively, but has lightening pace. I see him as an impact sub for the time being.

Mostly the team looked disconnected, and not yet match sharp. That will come, but Arsenal will be a tough test.

23 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Latest is he would 'only leave leicester for 2-3 clubs'.

Accrington Stanley, Boston Utd and Kettering Town then.

Half the media have quoted him wrongly.

The actual quote in context is that he "would consider leaving the Premier League for 2-3 clubs".

No comment either way on moving to other clubs within the EPL.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2931278/riyad-mahrez-would-only-leave-leicester-city-for-two-or-three-clubs

good article and if quotes are from the horses mouth it sounds promising to me, just goes to show how tabloid speculation makes us all paranoid. 

Good thing about Mahrez is not only is he a world class player he also is level headed and fits in well with our group of players

23 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2931278/riyad-mahrez-would-only-leave-leicester-city-for-two-or-three-clubs

good article and if quotes are from the horses mouth it sounds promising to me, just goes to show how tabloid speculation makes us all paranoid. 

Good thing about Mahrez is not only is he a world class player he also is level headed and fits in well with our group of players

That whole interview gives a very sympathetic view of Mahrez. He seems a likeable fella, a bit reserved, but very grounded and mature. Hopefully we can avoid controversies and disruptions off the field to help him flourish even further. If he's been quoted correctly, I'm not nervous about him leaving, especially not this transfer window.

6 minutes ago, Lesteban said:

Real Madrid, Barcelona or PSG will bid, or he stays. In this window I can only see the latter happening. 

He's already said in the past he wouldn't join PSG as the league isn't good enough. Also the comment has slightly been taken out of context as he was talking about leaving the premier league for only 2-3 clubs, not Leicester. 

Anyway the positive thing is how he shoots down the Chelsea rumour and says the papers basically talk shit. I hope he stays and the window can't shut soon enough so he can get back to being 100% focused on LCFC

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

He's already said in the past he wouldn't join PSG as the league isn't good enough. Also the comment has slightly been taken out of context as he was talking about leaving the premier league for only 2-3 clubs, not Leicester. 

Anyway the positive thing is how he shoots down the Chelsea rumour and says the papers basically talk shit. I hope he stays and the window can't shut soon enough so he can't get back to being 100% focused on LCFC

Didn't know he had said that about PSG, figured he could be tempted by his home town club, now they are capable of challenging for the Champions League trophy. 

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Drinkwater throws a stroppy every game it's called frustration I think.

The interview was done by nabil djellit who is the journo closest to riyad's agent.  Any tweet re mahrez that comes from this Djellit or that is retweeted or liked by him is to be given credence as being from 'the horses mouth' or accurate. 

i dont see anything suspicious about the timing of an interview with the POTY as the season starts. 

Some fans reactions to Mahrez recently have been nothing short of disgraceful.

Let's look at this from the outside. A Championship club unearths a gem, who then helps the club win the Premier League, becoming PFA Player of the Year in the process. This player then refuses to force a move away despite plenty of interest. However, after ONE game in which he wasn't at his best some fans are furious with him and want him to be sold.

Mahrez wasn't even that bad against Hull, he had 3 players on him at all times. He is putting in just as much effort as last season, but because people are scared that he wants to leave they are reading way too much into things.

He is the most technically gifted player we've ever had. Enjoy him.

9 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Let's look at this from the outside. A Championship club unearths a gem, who then helps the club win the Premier League, becoming PFA Player of the Year in the process. This player then refuses to force a move away despite plenty of interest. However, after ONE game in which he wasn't at his best some fans are furious with him and want him to be sold.

Mahrez wasn't even that bad against Hull, he had 3 players on him at all times. He is putting in just as much effort as last season, but because people are scared that he wants to leave they are reading way too much into things.

Hear hear

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

+1

Archived