Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Major Xbox One Error - Help?

Guest CityFan 06

Hi,

I have a major issue with my Xbox One and really hope someone can help me. When I start up my Xbox One, it enters into the usual green screen & Xbox logo, it gets pasts that, but then cannot go any further, it just then stays permanently black. It's the transition to the home screen which isn't working. 

I've tried every solving step that's possible, nothing has worked. I'm starting to think it is an internal malfunction and I'm now looking into a repair from Microsoft. I've only had it 4 months, unbelievable really. The only thing I did do, was turn off the console by the plug this morning and after that it went wrong, but Xbox Support said to me this wouldn't cause that kind of error. Very disappointed, it seemed as if Xbox Support were a little perplexed themselves. Have any of you on here had the same issue with your Xbox, and worked out your own solution? Clinging on to a faint hope I know but if any of you know it'd be terrific. 

Thoughts, advice, tips? any comments welcome...

Thanks.

Guest CityFan 06

Just got off the phone chat with them, it's a corrupted file internally which the console doesn't like. Now need to do an offline update through a memory drive. 

Guest CityFan 06

I've tried a hard reset yep. This morning however it has started to work, and the consensus as to why it went wrong, was because of a corrupted file and not properly installed game. 

Managed to access games/apps, and now reinstalling that game properly.

Guest CityFan 06

All fixed and up & running now, thankfully. I think my issue was pretty major and slightly unknown to Xbox past issues - but we managed to open up (this morning) one of the options screens, and pressed factory default.

That has seemed to of fixed it entirely and I'm so happy. All the games, apps & the gamertag was all saved too is a real bonus too, I think there was an option for that. I was a bit worried because we started the reinstallation of that game today, and on 31% the console turned itself off. However, I found out my console was on 'Power up' mode meaning your console can contiune to install while you are off the console, I also found out the reason it turned itself off was because my 'auto turn off' if you like, was on one hour, hence why it went off as the update was definitely longer than one hour. I've now set that to six hours auto turn off, meaning my console will now stay on until that update/download is fully complete. 

To add to all that, I have also set up my Kinect sensor which arrived yesterday which is also great for what I need it for. You don't realise how important and great it is, until you do not have it for a bit. I thought it was going to have to be sent off for repair, but luckily it's all fixed, it's great to have it back up and running again.

Archived