Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Xbox One Essentials

I'm usually a late console changer and have now decided to opt for the Xbox One. Which titles do I definitely have to go for?

I've already compiled a list (although I have no clue how to find the time to play all these games lol):

• Alien Isolation
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Fallout 4
  • FIFA 17
  • FF XV
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • GTA V (I have it on the 360 already - worth the upgrade?)

Off the top of my head I would go for 

Fallout 4 and you get Fallout 3 free as well if I remember right 

Halo 5, great game 

Destiny 

GTA, improved graphics and always fun to play 

Forza Horizons 2 is good fun 

Defo FIFA goes without saying 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I'm usually a late console changer and have now decided to opt for the Xbox One. Which titles do I definitely have to go for?

I've already compiled a list (although I have no clue how to find the time to play all these games lol):

• Alien Isolation
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Fallout 4
  • FIFA 17
  • FF XV
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • GTA V (I have it on the 360 already - worth the upgrade?)

Bloodborne

no mans sky 

street fighter v 

uncharted 4 

(I'm sorry, someone's gonna do it)

Some games will be available on ps4 but that's because Xbox's exclusives are complete crap compared to PS4 (this is coming from an xbox owner).

The rise of Tomb Raider -  Think of it as a better version of Assassins creed with a better story.

Witcher 3 - If you have the time to play it and immerse yourself then this is the best game you can buy on Xbox and if you could only get one game, this would be it. It takes around 50-150 hours to complete depending on how much extra you want to do but it is fantastic and i've heard the DLC is supposed to be really good too. 

Binding of Isaac - Little arcade game which is nails. Think of Super meat boy difficulty. One of my favourite games on xbox. 

Overwatch - This is really good and if you like FPS then it is essential. 

Rainbow six siege - Brilliant tactical FPS which is really good to play with people. If you like counter strike then this is a bit like it but with more gadgets etc. 

Fallout 4 - I wasn't the biggest fan. Got a bit bored towards the end and didnt complete it but a lot of people like this game. Story isn't too bad. 

GTA V - Get it if you want to play it online. There is a new DLC out which lets you do stunt riding which looks pretty fun. 

16 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Some games will be available on ps4 but that's because Xbox's exclusives are complete crap compared to PS4 (this is coming from an xbox owner).

The rise of Tomb Raider -  Think of it as a better version of Assassins creed with a better story.

Witcher 3 - If you have the time to play it and immerse yourself then this is the best game you can buy on Xbox and if you could only get one game, this would be it. It takes around 50-150 hours to complete depending on how much extra you want to do but it is fantastic and i've heard the DLC is supposed to be really good too. 

Binding of Isaac - Little arcade game which is nails. Think of Super meat boy difficulty. One of my favourite games on xbox. 

Overwatch - This is really good and if you like FPS then it is essential. 

Rainbow six siege - Brilliant tactical FPS which is really good to play with people. If you like counter strike then this is a bit like it but with more gadgets etc. 

Fallout 4 - I wasn't the biggest fan. Got a bit bored towards the end and didnt complete it but a lot of people like this game. Story isn't too bad. 

GTA V - Get it if you want to play it online. There is a new DLC out which lets you do stunt riding which looks pretty fun. 

The Forza games are alright. But if you don't like racing games that sort of fcks that one up lol 

Sunset Overdrive is suppose to be good right? Halo?

For the record Alex I was a Xbox 360 owner of 9 years. Unfortunately it was a bit of a no brainer this gen after sitting the first year of shite releases out.  

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The Forza games are alright. But if you don't like racing games that sort of fcks that one up lol 

Sunset Overdrive is suppose to be good right? Halo?

For the record Alex I was a Xbox 360 owner of 9 years. Unfortunately it was a bit of a no brainer this gen after sitting the first year of shite releases out.  

All those games are average in my eyes. I'm not sure what they're bringing out other than another Gears of war (Which i'm not excited about at all because it's been shite for the last few games). 

I had a PS4 and Xbox but stuck with my xbox because my friends all have it. The exclusives are shit but most good games come out for both consoles anyway. I prefer playing online with my friends so had no choice in the matter. I do prefer this generations PS4 controller over the xbox though, much smoother to play with. 

Here is a list of exclusives coming out but can't say i'm too excited about any of them. http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/xbox-one-game-exclusives-confirmed-for-2016/2900-434/15/ 

Guest Mee-9

Sunset Overdrive was free as a monthly gold download a few months back. 

I was very impressed. Thought it was a great game!

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Forza proper yes, however Forza Horizon 2 I'd definitely put on the essentials list and I don't really like racing games. It's well addictive, decent soundtrack and I love the open world aspect so if you don't want to race you can just explore and file collectibles. Great fun

Of course if you do like racing sims, Forza 6 is an essential. Good choice of driver aids so you can play as a novice or as a proper sim, outrageous weather effects too

5 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Titanfall & Sunset overdrive are brilliant little pick ups as well.

Titanfall I'd say is my absolute favourite Xbox One game, I loved the shit out of that game. However, someone only just getting on Xbox One now I don't know if I'd recommend it - there's no single player, god knows if anyone still plays online and those that do are probably proper experts so you'd have to put a lot of time into it to before you started have good matches

Sunset Overdrive... I got it free on the Games With Gold a while back, could not see the appeal at all. Like a bizarre mashup of Tony Hawks and Space Invaders

Archived