Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Future games - ideas thread

Guest CityFan 06

What type of games would you like to see released in the future? When I say 'games' I'm referring to games on any format so PC, Xbox, PlayStation etc.

Here's a start:

A UK based game/simulator - I notice there seems to be a lot of detail in games such as GTA involving just America. It'd be nice if that same sort of detail was put into potential future English based games. I think it would be incredible if you could travel across the whole of Britain discovering all the road networks and just generally travelling about discovering cities, villages, towns, major cities etc. It'd be some undertaking to make a game of this calibre but I reckon it'd be worth it. I will emphasise the phrase whole as I would like it to include every road and location in England, like I said some undertaking to produce should this ever be made. I would like to see mods allowed in this idea too which I think would be great.

It would be good if you could set yourself your own jobs - for example using a truck to pick up goods and delivering across the island, becoming a London taxi driver, bus driver, picking up & meeting friends in certain locations, eating out in restaurants. Perhaps where you could even drive to football away days, imagine that. Maybe I'm in a low percentage who would find this interesting, not sure? 

So anyway jot down your own thoughts...

What I would like to see is quality games that add an educational element to it, not completely educational, but have a good enjoyable game that encourages people to develop other skills and not just problem solving and hand eye co-ordination.

For example, historically accurate games that develop their games around the real life histories, I know some games do that having it set during the world war, but have it accurate  to the point where you could use it in your history GCSE papers.

Languages, a lot of games are set in foreign countries, I noticed in Uncharted 4 a lot of people speaking Spanish, and I thought about that being a part of a game a foreign speaking side kick and you have to develop language skills that would help you, such as directions and instructions, turn left, go right, straight on, look under the table, look out! It wouldn't take much to pick up some basics, but it would have to be a good game on top of it.

I would also like to see games incorporated into exercise machines or linked to fit bits, Pokémon Go should be seen as a way forwards, instead of grinding in games to level up you can do real exercise.

1 hour ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

What type of games would you like to see released in the future? When I say 'games' I'm referring to games on any format so PC, Xbox, PlayStation etc.

Here's a start:

A UK based game/simulator - I notice there seems to be a lot of detail in games such as GTA involving just America. It'd be nice if that same sort of detail was put into potential future English based games. I think it would be incredible if you could travel across the whole of Britain discovering all the road networks and just generally travelling about discovering cities, villages, towns, major cities etc. It'd be some undertaking to make a game of this calibre but I reckon it'd be worth it. I will emphasise the phrase whole as I would like it to include every road and location in England, like I said some undertaking to produce should this ever be made. I would like to see mods allowed in this idea too which I think would be great.

It would be good if you could set yourself your own jobs - for example using a truck to pick up goods and delivering across the island, becoming a London taxi driver, bus driver, picking up & meeting friends in certain locations, eating out in restaurants. Perhaps where you could even drive to football away days, imagine that. Maybe I'm in a low percentage who would find this interesting, not sure? 

So anyway jot down your own thoughts...

You basically mean like real life, but playing out real life on a computer?

Guest CityFan 06
16 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

You basically mean like real life, but playing out real life on a computer?

Something like that :thumbup:

46 minutes ago, Captain... said:

What I would like to see is quality games that add an educational element to it, not completely educational, but have a good enjoyable game that encourages people to develop other skills and not just problem solving and hand eye co-ordination.

For example, historically accurate games that develop their games around the real life histories, I know some games do that having it set during the world war, but have it accurate  to the point where you could use it in your history GCSE papers.

My son learnt more about military history and geography from games like "total war", civ etc... than he did from school.

Games could really develop the historical and geographical accuracy.

I think business simulations should be made more available to the general public - I've seen a few stock market/marketing/banking simulations which are decent.

Virtual Reality may open up a whole new range of possibilities once the price of hardware drops enough.(I've been saying and wishing that for 25 years or more). 

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

My son learnt more about military history and geography from games like "total war", civ etc... than he did from school.

Games could really develop the historical and geographical accuracy.

I think business simulations should be made more available to the general public - I've seen a few stock market/marketing/banking simulations which are decent.

Virtual Reality may open up a whole new range of possibilities once the price of hardware drops enough.(I've been saying and wishing that for 25 years or more). 

I think there is the technology to do anything, but I don't see how a business simulation would appeal to the gaming market, it still has to be fun, you can incorporate the basics into games like GTA, (it may already have happened, not played GTA 5) where you set up businesses and run it or visit the stock market to make money on the side, but there would most likely be a racketeering and insider trading missions probably not setting the right example.  It would be great to incorporate politics and other aspects of life that people don't necessarily know as much about as they should, but it would be very difficult to do that on a level that keeps interest whilst also being deep enough to make it worthwhile.

This does also bring up the morality aspect. It would be interesting to see if they could create a game to teach people moral and social values, without making it obvious they are teaching these things. Most video games are amoral, and that is because they are a fantasy and you can do things in a game that you can't in real life like shoot guns and steal cars. Amorality is fun, but it needs to have consequences.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think there is the technology to do anything, but I don't see how a business simulation would appeal to the gaming market, it still has to be fun, you can incorporate the basics into games like GTA, (it may already have happened, not played GTA 5) where you set up businesses and run it or visit the stock market to make money on the side, but there would most likely be a racketeering and insider trading missions probably not setting the right example.  It would be great to incorporate politics and other aspects of life that people don't necessarily know as much about as they should, but it would be very difficult to do that on a level that keeps interest whilst also being deep enough to make it worthwhile.

This does also bring up the morality aspect. It would be interesting to see if they could create a game to teach people moral and social values, without making it obvious they are teaching these things. Most video games are amoral, and that is because they are a fantasy and you can do things in a game that you can't in real life like shoot guns and steal cars. Amorality is fun, but it needs to have consequences.

I wasn't really talking about top sellers for the business simulations.

Many fantasy rpgs have a moral aspect. In Baldurs gate it wasn't easy to get away with theft etc... I agree that it would be good to see more of that but then again would "gamers" want it?

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I wasn't really talking about top sellers for the business simulations.

Many fantasy rpgs have a moral aspect. In Baldurs gate it wasn't easy to get away with theft etc... I agree that it would be good to see more of that but then again would "gamers" want it?

You should always have the freedom to choose, but when you choose to do something wrong there are consequences, in something like GTA then there is no point as the whole point of the game is to be a criminal, but certain games could have a morality meter, something like Batman, where it does push the boundaries of what is acceptable for a "hero" could have 2 endings or multiple endings based on how moral you have been during the game. It doesn't affect the game, but it would add replay value to unlock the moral and immoral endings and just reinforce the idea that what you are doing would be wrong in real life.

Riot Simulator.

One player or team play as a rioters and the other the riot police. The rioters have to get their mobs to the centre of the city and back out again with the loot and the police have to control them and shepherd them out back to the outskirts. Kind of like a team based Lemmings. 

Archived