Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Why players wages matter

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

as part of our progress we have to manage our wage bills.  This requires a number of things to be in place.  First we have to put in place robust contracts and when taking on younger or inexperienced players we need to avoid the silly exit clauses etc.  But to keep the players happy we need to ensure that we are paying the going rate (for their age, positions nd performance...).  If they think they are been held to a contract at a low wage then they will be unhappy and demotivated.   Each year we should proactively upgrade the contracts.  We seem to be playing catch up - we had to work to keep vardy... I suspect Kante's issue was not the money... and now we are playing catch up with Drinky.   IF the agent of a spurs player though he could move them on for bigger wages (and a drink for himself) then I am sure he would try... I suspect that other clubs don't like dealing with levy.... and so don't bother.   This all needs a lot of careful though and I wonder if we need to develop more skills in this area. In my experience of managing people with sought after talents they wants to feel their pay is equitable (but it doesn't have to be stratospheric) - they just want to feel recognised and not being taken advantage of in comparison to other employment available.  The club needs to get on top of this and be proactive.

Lotsa sense in that post.

For me, the bottom line is to reach a compromise between what a player/agent believes he is worth and what the club feels he is worth and aim to get somewhere in the middle.

We have to do this really. It's a player's market..they have most of the power and WILL move if another club is willing to pay them a lot more money. Vardy is an exception rather than the rule and even then we had to radically improve his contract.

Our standing and success vis a vis our player's wages is out of kilter. They will know this.  They talk to each other. If Drinkwater is on say 50k per week and Santiago Cazorla is on 100k per week  (hypothetical example), the former won't think it's fair and will seek parity. I believe most people would.

I've said before...in this respect we can almost see ourselves as victims of our own success. We have lost Kante. Kasper has had a sizeable pay rise, so has Vardy. Jeff is not happy playing second fiddle and Drinks is wanting more. I'm not at all surprised. Begs the question..how long do you hold onto the rising balloon before you let go? Tough call that one.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Parachute payment info taken from here:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-aston-villa-parachute-11161706

Wages from here:

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/leicester-city-salaries/

Had to add the wages up in Excel to get £995,000 per week, but that is before Morgan's new deal and Kaputska and doesn't include Ranieri or the staff.

There's gonna be so much we don't know about, The owners are probably taking back the majority of what they put in now. Your missing a full pay role of non playing staff, any costs on assets we have to outlay, equipment costs travel costs player expenses the player bonuses etc etc tons and tons of stuff. I would not fancy getting relegated with our wage bill now. You can make your best guesses that we would be fine but until it happens no one would have a clue of the reality. 

Still as I say we should be fine anyway.

Should we not just trust that the owners know what they are doing?

Im sure they know a lot more than we do about what is sustainable and what is not.

They have not let us down so far in fact they have been the best owners we have ever had so why should we even be doubting them?

Truth is none of us know what the players were on and are in now in terms of basic salary bonus payments  release clauses and relagation clauses.

It is not our job as fans to worry about financial matters we clearly know very little about it is our job to support the club, owners, management and players.

Trust.

Given how much we love contract clauses, does everyone believe that Vardy et al don't have reduced wages on relegation? They must do. I'd imagine they all have very low relegation release clauses too.

Making 3 sided arguments, add fuel by 4 presumptions, and you get these type of posts.

I couldnt give a damn what the players get, I couldnt give a damn c what stories c are made up

on this forum.Just a suggestion 

find the real and complete facts, on contracts and wages, why bother to argue the cuss,

until one has the full story in the open, and on the table.

Or carry on writing and wasting time on the unknown, waste your energies by all means..:rolleyes:

Archived