Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

There's been very little mention of this on the forum to this point, so I will start the thread (having started the previous Deus Ex thread, 5 years ago!).  :)

Launch trailer:

My copy arrived today so I will post up impressions later on this week. In the meantime, I hope it is as good, if not better, than the last instalment which was a very good game (bar the end game boss which let it down).

Reviews online are on the whole very positive, 85 avg.

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

I should really finish the first one lol. I don't tend to watch game trailers, they give too much away, so have no idea what this is promising. I will likely get it.

More of the same apparently. Which is fine by me as human revolution was excellent.

Completed the initial mission set in Dubai.  It plays exactly like the previous game to this point.  The inventory system has changed though as has the control scheme.  A little awkward using L3 and R3 for cover and crouch.  Keep mixing the two up.  

In terms of difficulty I would recommend the hardest setting.  Playing the way it is meant to be played as the difficulty option, too easy.

Graphics are fine but nothing spectacular.  The gameplay more than makes up for the shortfall in graphics though.

9 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Completed the initial mission set in Dubai.  It plays exactly like the previous game to this point.  The inventory system has changed though as has the control scheme.  A little awkward using L3 and R3 for cover and crouch.  Keep mixing the two up.  

In terms of difficulty I would recommend the hardest setting.  Playing the way it is meant to be played as the difficulty option, too easy.

Graphics are fine but nothing spectacular.  The gameplay more than makes up for the shortfall in graphics though.

Playing on PC or console LiB?

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Do you really need to ask Mr PlayStation that. 

lol

For the record, I had Human Revolution on 360.  It was the better console at the time.

26 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I can't remember if he is a PS4 guy, or even on my Freinds list. too many names

You're on my PS4 list Beliall.  And yes, I have the PS4 version of the game.

23 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

For the record, I had Human Revolution on 360.  It was the better console at the time.

I bet your name is legend in blue isn't it. 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

I know you did. You were mr 360, now mr PlayStation. 

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It get early release on ps4 or LIB playing a dodgy copy?

He's playing a posted extremely generously early copy. No doubt bought after hours of hunting for the cheapest copy across about 30 different online stores in order to save 10p. 

I don't think I ever finished the previous one

This one looks ok, more of the same but ok. A lot of the reviews are saying that the story tails off halfway through it. I got a similar vibe from the previous game which is why I stopped playing, which is why I'm a bit on the fence whether to get this at launch or not or just wait for it to go on sale or something

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Aaaah. I see.

I'm surprised these days, even if you have a physical copy, they don't just content lock it until midnight.

They don't tend to do that on SP games do they, games that require a server perhaps, even No Mans Sky let you play before release they just told you they were wiping your game at midnight on release day lol 

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How on earth do you get microtransactions in a deus ex game?

They've put a metal gear esque VR mode in they're for them.

Never got the problem with MicroT anyway. Unless they give people the edge in comp MP then it's fine, a fool and his money are easily parted if it don't affect me fine. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

They've put a metal gear esque VR mode in they're for them.

Never got the problem with MicroT anyway. Unless they give people the edge in comp MP then it's fine, a fool and his money are easily parted if it don't affect me fine. 

I only care when they get overly preoccupied with their microtrans to the detriment of the game itself.

An assault rifle pack $7.55AUD:

*Custom rifle skin
*Two packs ammo, one pack armour piercing ammo
*Two frag grenades, 2 EMP grenades
*500 weapon parts
*1 Pracis kit

Augmented Covert Agent Pack $24.95AUD:

*1 in game mission
*Armour and trench coat skin
*Pistol and rifle skin
*various ammo packs, weapon upgrades and more!

Chipset packs: $1.45AUD to $44.95

Praxis kits: $1.45AUD to $10.45

Tactical pack:

*Custom tranq rifle skin
*Micro assembler augmentation
*Tranq ammo
*3 Smoke grenades
*2 gas grenades

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It get early release on ps4 or LIB playing a dodgy copy?

Simply games.  Despatched Friday, arrived Saturday.  Fully legit day one edition (or in this case day minus 3 edition :)).

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's playing a posted extremely generously early copy. No doubt bought after hours of hunting for the cheapest copy across about 30 different online stores in order to save 10p. 

No, no, no.  Let gamecrawler do the hard work.  34.85.  Amazon currently do it for 42, so that's a fair saving.

5 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I don't think I ever finished the previous one

This one looks ok, more of the same but ok. A lot of the reviews are saying that the story tails off halfway through it. I got a similar vibe from the previous game which is why I stopped playing, which is why I'm a bit on the fence whether to get this at launch or not or just wait for it to go on sale or something

It is like the previous one.  If undecided, then wait.  It is good though.

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

An assault rifle pack $7.55AUD:

*Custom rifle skin
*Two packs ammo, one pack armour piercing ammo
*Two frag grenades, 2 EMP grenades
*500 weapon parts
*1 Pracis kit

Augmented Covert Agent Pack $24.95AUD:

*1 in game mission
*Armour and trench coat skin
*Pistol and rifle skin
*various ammo packs, weapon upgrades and more!

Chipset packs: $1.45AUD to $44.95

Praxis kits: $1.45AUD to $10.45

Tactical pack:

*Custom tranq rifle skin
*Micro assembler augmentation
*Tranq ammo
*3 Smoke grenades
*2 gas grenades

Why you pay for additional crap to make this a COD clone beats me.  It's stealth, the way it's meant to be played.  Hack and stealth, knock people out.  No kills.  Think your way out of situations.

Archived