Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Simply games.  Despatched Friday, arrived Saturday.  Fully legit day one edition (or in this case day minus 3 edition :)).

No, no, no.  Let gamecrawler do the hard work.  34.85.  Amazon currently do it for 42, so that's a fair saving.

It is like the previous one.  If undecided, then wait.  It is good though.

Why you pay for additional crap to make this a COD clone beats me.  It's stealth, the way it's meant to be played.  Hack and stealth, knock people out.  No kills.  Think your way out of situations.

I think thats the braindead "just gone tits up" weapons pack

15 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I think thats the braindead "just gone tits up" weapons pack

Indeed.  There are new augs to experiment with, just got to this point in the game, which clearly cater for a more aggressive approach.  Similarly there are some to try out that suit a stealthier approach.  

The game environment not only caters for both sets of approaches but also allows for much creativity in whichever path you choose.  I've spent more time on the side missions so far than the actual main tasks.  Just sneaking about and knocking people out, finding vents, access codes, hacks, manipulation through conversation etc. it's very deus ex in that respect.  Not shot a single person and intend not to.  

44 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Indeed.  There are new augs to experiment with, just got to this point in the game, which clearly cater for a more aggressive approach.  Similarly there are some to try out that suit a stealthier approach.  

The game environment not only caters for both sets of approaches but also allows for much creativity in whichever path you choose.  I've spent more time on the side missions so far than the actual main tasks.  Just sneaking about and knocking people out, finding vents, access codes, hacks, manipulation through conversation etc. it's very deus ex in that respect.  Not shot a single person and intend not to.  

I feel I will play human revolution soon, finish it, then get the new one

Sometimes going loud is as much fun as stealthing past the 100th guy in a row.

I usually mix up my play with some stealth and some lethal. Took the same approach in Dishonored, too.

Deus Ex isn't a stealth game, it's an RPG with lots of different ways of completing it, one of which is non lethal, another is with sheer brute force if that's what you prefer.

It'll never be a "COD clone" but it's been an fps since before Call of Duty even existed.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Sometimes going loud is as much fun as stealthing past the 100th guy in a row.

I usually mix up my play with some stealth and some lethal. Took the same approach in Dishonored, too.

Deus Ex isn't a stealth game, it's an RPG with lots of different ways of completing it, one of which is non lethal, another is with sheer brute force if that's what you prefer.

It'll never be a "COD clone" but it's been an fps since before Call of Duty even existed.

I typed out something like this and it didn't appear for some reason.

Defo a play it how you want game as oppose to your supposed to play it like this. 

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I typed out something like this and it didn't appear for some reason.

Defo a play it how you want game as oppose to your supposed to play it like this. 

I don't even accept that the developers feel you are "supposed" to play it any set way. The most fun aug in the last game turned your whole body in to a 360 degree shotgun. lol

Moreover, I read they've adjusted the XP output in this release so it doesn't weight towards non violent resolution.

The whole tagline of the game is to play it and complete it any way you can see how.

8 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Is it worth me playing a previous game/games or can i just dive straight into this one?

Looks cool 

You could probably just play this, but it is a direct sequal to 2011's Human Revolution and will probably reference events in that game.

The orginal Deus Ex and Invisible War completley detached from this set of games.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You could probably just play this, but it is a direct sequal to 2011's Human Revolution and will probably reference events in that game.

The orginal Deus Ex and Invisible War completley detached from this set of games.

1 minute ago, Tubbymofo said:

There is a 12 minute video you can watch at the start of the game to fill in the story

Thanks, will grab it then! Although a few issues with PC version at the minute 

2 minutes ago, Tubbymofo said:

There is a 12 minute video you can watch at the start of the game to fill in the story

Does that video show spoilers from the previous game then? would you say it's worth finishing human revolution first?

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Does that video show spoilers from the previous game then? would you say it's worth finishing human revolution first?

I never played human revolution so can't say 100% but it gives a quick rundown of what I presume is the story from it. If it was me I would just watch the video and move on to the new one but I'm impatient like that. If you get involved in the story line it might be worth finishing human revolution tho as the video wasn't the best I've seen 

Just now, Tubbymofo said:

I never played human revolution so can't say 100% but it gives a quick rundown of what I presume is the story from it. If it was me I would just watch the video and move on to the new one but I'm impatient like that. If you get involved in the story line it might be worth finishing human revolution tho as the video wasn't the best I've seen 

I did enjoy the last one. Just never finished it. #steampileofshame 

18 hours ago, Beliall said:

Yes massive spoilers. It tells you everything that happened lol.

If you're enjoying HR then finish it first.

I'm enjoying MD but it is identical, save a couple new augs, a new gun and some upgraded graphics.

It feels almost more like a big expansion pack. Not necessarily a bad thing mind.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yes massive spoilers. It tells you everything that happened lol.

If you're enjoying HR then finish it first.

I'm enjoying MD but it is identical, save a couple new augs, a new gun and some upgraded graphics.

It feels almost more like a big expansion pack. Not necessarily a bad thing mind.

I loaded it up last night on steam link. I now officially hate the steam controller. It's like flying a helicopter. 

A week in with this game and I still like it a lot.  It's keeping me away from completing Uncharted 4 anyway so it's doing something right.

In places the best way to describe it is "a little bit rough around the edges" but when it's good and gets it right, it's really enjoyable to play. 

Yes, it is worth spending the time searching every nook and cranny before progressing the story too much.  The amount of XP available for hacks, reading journals, discovering new ares etc. is worth it for the praxis kits alone.  I've yet to leave Prague itself for the first time and am now playing through the sixth side mission instead.  Focussing on stealth, I now have upgrades for level 4 security systems, fully upgraded arms for finding secret areas, and increased awareness in conversation situations.  I still have 3 upgrades in the bag ready to use later on.  I haven't killed anyone yet and dont intend to.  There is an achievement for this at the end.

Good game.  

On 28/08/2016 at 18:42, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, it is worth spending the time searching every nook and cranny before progressing the story too much.  The amount of XP available for hacks, reading journals, discovering new ares etc. is worth it for the praxis kits alone.  I've yet to leave Prague itself for the first time and am now playing through the sixth side mission instead.  Focussing on stealth, I now have upgrades for level 4 security systems, fully upgraded arms for finding secret areas, and increased awareness in conversation situations.  I still have 3 upgrades in the bag ready to use later on.  I haven't killed anyone yet and dont intend to.  There is an achievement for this at the end.

Good game.  

You've had the game since before release and you're claiming you've not left Prague yet? 

You're either very weird or chatting rubbish to appear cool.

The game is fairly big, I've done hours of exploring and haven't missed a side mission. I am a completionist.

But it's not THAT big. In fact, I'm a little disappointed by the size of Prague.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You've had the game since before release and you're claiming you've not left Prague yet? 

You're either very weird or chatting rubbish to appear cool.

The game is fairly big, I've done hours of exploring and haven't missed a side mission. I am a completionist.

But it's not THAT big. In fact, I'm a little disappointed by the size of Prague.

You are quoting a post from 3 days ago and have no idea how much time I've put in to the game.  Perhaps I don't have an extended amount of time each day to become such a established "completionist" such as you claim to be.

Now, picking this apart any further would just come across as plain weird and I've not the time to appear as cool as yourself.

However, I could quote my overall game time if you so wish to substantiate your claims...?  

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You are quoting a post from 3 days ago and have no idea how much time I've put in to the game.  Perhaps I don't have an extended amount of time each day to become such a established "completionist" such as you claim to be.

Now, picking this apart any further would just come across as plain weird and I've not the time to appear as cool as yourself.

However, I could quote my overall game time if you so wish to substantiate your claims...?  

It's even worse for me, the game hasn't even left the shop yet on my save

On 31 August 2016 at 18:27, Legend_in_blue said:

Well I've had the game since launch and I've not even left Dubai yet.

i think the point being made was you seem to be making out the games a huge brilliant world and that's the reason you've not left Prague yet, if it's actually down to the fact you've not played it for that long bit of a moot point.

On 26/08/2016 at 09:27, Finnegan said:

Why on earth would you have it on PC and not use mouse keyboard? I'm playing it on console as my laptop is a bit ****ed and I don't like it. :(

I was trying out the streaming, all I have used steam link for so far is streaming KODI.

Thinking of buying this right now, either that or more premium for my world of warships account. people still enjoying it?

Archived