Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Buy the game Beliall.

Allison or the bank people?

On a side note, the PS+ games are a load of garbage again this month.  I think The Journey is the worst highest rated game I've ever played and Lords of the Fallen is a poor mans DS with unresponsive controls.  Deleted both within 5 minutes.  Awful.

16 hours ago, Beliall said:

I was trying out the streaming, all I have used steam link for so far is streaming KODI.

Thinking of buying this right now, either that or more premium for my world of warships account. people still enjoying it?

It's good without being great.

If it was the first in the (reboot) series it'd be great, one of the best games of its generation.

But it's really just a new story (and even then, a very thin, generic one with way less personal involvement than HR) for an old game.

There's a couple more augs available for Adam and they've expanded weapon mods a little but these are things you'd expect out of an expansion pack or a large patch, not a new title years in the making. The graphics are slightly upgraded but don't expect it to look top of the line.

If you're completely happy with more of the same, buy it. HR WAS probably the best games of its generation (maybe, just maybe, we'll remember it as one of the best games of all time) so there's no shame in taking the attitude "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

But I personally found myself losing interest around halfway and slogging through the final act just because it was all TOO familiar and whilst I cared about the story the last time out, this time it's a bit TOO generic shady-organisation bland.

I'd still give it an 8 but no higher. If HR never existed it'd get a 9. For me, HR was a ten.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it was the first in the (reboot) series it'd be great, one of the best games of its generation.

But it's really just a new story (and even then, a very thin, generic one with way less personal involvement than HR) for an old game.

There's a couple more augs available for Adam and they've expanded weapon mods a little but these are things you'd expect out of an expansion pack or a large patch, not a new title years in the making. The graphics are slightly upgraded but don't expect it to look top of the line.

If you're completely happy with more of the same, buy it. HR WAS probably the best games of its generation (maybe, just maybe, we'll remember it as one of the best games of all time) so there's no shame in taking the attitude "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

But I personally found myself losing interest around halfway and slogging through the final act just because it was all TOO familiar and whilst I cared about the story the last time out, this time it's a bit TOO generic shady-organisation bland.

I'd still give it an 8 but no higher. If HR never existed it'd get a 9. For me, HR was a ten.

Cheer Finners. I actually enjoyed HR but never finished it for some reason or another, Maybe I will go back to it and wait for the price of MD to drop

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This seems to be a fair enough reflection to me.  For me it doesn't quite eclipse the original but it is as enjoyable for sure, just perhaps not quite the upgrade you'd expect from new hardware a few years down the line.  It is a little rough around the edges, there are the occasional drops in performance too but on the whole it's an enjoyable experience.  I am still taking it at a very slow pace, not trying to miss a thing, and am just about to head off to Switzerland.  Will tie up all loose ends, sides missions through to 10 before I leave.  I assume I'm roughly 2/3's in.

One of the few games that went on to better an original that I can think of in recent times was Mass Effect 2.  That, for me, is one of the greatest games of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived