Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

The Wesley Morgan song (in the tune of the Call Me Maybe chorus)

I play in the back 4,

The fans they cheer me.

5 is my number

Cos I'm Wes(ley) Morgan!

I'm hard to get past,

You'll never beat me.

5 is my number

Cos I'm Wes(ley) Morgan!

Great chant. Small tweak could be "cos my names wesley" instead of cos im wesley morgan to make it rhyme. Sounds good both ways

The Wesley Morgan song (in the tune of the Call Me Maybe chorus)

I play in the back 4,

The fans they cheer me.

5 is my number

Cos I'm Wes(ley) Morgan!

I'm hard to get past,

You'll never beat me.

5 is my number

Cos I'm Wes(ley) Morgan!

CRINGE

you used to be english, you're not anymore.

sang at anytime when playing forest.

HAHA as they did to us, when we played them, I think we should do it to them too! ;)

this new chants thread has been going for ages, when will any of these realistically get aired?

Hate being doom and gloom but we got a massive response for the Melbourne victory chant, which got mildly sung by a few at p'borough away but that is it

i think a group of people need to get absolutely lashed before the game, sing their hearts out with a new song and it will eventually catch on i'm sure of it.

this new chants thread has been going for ages, when will any of these realistically get aired?

Hate being doom and gloom but we got a massive response for the Melbourne victory chant, which got mildly sung by a few at p'borough away but that is it

i think a group of people need to get absolutely lashed before the game, sing their hearts out with a new song and it will eventually catch on i'm sure of it.

You spike everyone's drinks and I'll start em off.

A new song eh, only catch on once we've heard someone else sing it to a decent standard.

I absolutely guarantee, if Wolves this weekend pulled off the Melbourne chant (for arguments sake) we'd have so many more singing it. It's like our fans are scared to have any originality at all (which is ironic in a way when you call it 'Melbourne chant' lol) but the point still stands IMO.

A new song eh, only catch on once we've heard someone else sing it to a decent standard.

I absolutely guarantee, if Wolves this weekend pulled off the Melbourne chant (for arguments sake) we'd have so many more singing it. It's like our fans are scared to have any originality at all (which is ironic in a way when you call it 'Melbourne chant' lol) but the point still stands IMO.

I'm up for getting it going this weekend.

I'm up for getting it going this weekend.

There were seemingly hundreds up for getting it going in March last season but when we actually got to the games it was a different story.

People are too miserable and boring. I think our fans seem to have a fear of actually singing - they don't mind zombie chanting 'du du du du David Nugent' but they don't want to sing a song that requires a bit of passion in the voice, like this one, and that's also why we sing a drab, out of tune version of WYS instead of the proper one which, if we put our full voices behind it, would sound as inspirational as any anthem.

Edited by Kitchandro

Guest BlueBrett
Surely for Jamie Vardy, we could just do the Fryatt chant..... du du du du Jamie Vardy?

Why when we could sing this:

We signed the lad from Fleetwood Town, Vardy, Vardy. He cost us just a million pound Vardy, Vardy. Hes got no hair but we dont care, he shoots he scores from everywhere, Jamie Vardy Leicesters number 9 na na na na na na na

Surely for Jamie Vardy, we could just do the Fryatt chant..... du du du du Jamie Vardy?

Lets just have that for everyone. Du du du du Richie De Laet. Du du du du Marko Futacs....

In fact. fvck it, lets drop all our chants accept that one, why waste the effort? Everybody! Du du du du Leicester City! Du du du du When You're Smiling!

In fact why waste the effort of going to the games when we could record us singing those on an endless loop and play the tape over the PA system.

• Like 1

Why when we could sing this:

Ha ha, well yes, this is class to be fair but not always as easy for everyone to pick up

Lets just have that for everyone. Du du du du Richie De Laet. Du du du du Marko Futacs....

In fact. fvck it, lets drop all our chants accept that one, why waste the effort? Everybody! Du du du du Leicester City! Du du du du When You're Smiling!

In fact why waste the effort of going to the games when we could record us singing those on an endless loop and play the tape over the PA system.

No need to be like that, was only saying

There were seemingly hundreds up for getting it going in March last season but when we actually got to the games it was a different story.

People are too miserable and boring. I think our fans seem to have a fear of actually singing - they don't mind zombie chanting 'du du du du David Nugent' but they don't want to sing a song that requires a bit of passion in the voice, like this one, and that's also why we sing a drab, out of tune version of WYS instead of the proper one which, if we put our full voices behind it, would sound as inspirational as any anthem.

I think the problem's more the fact that though we all agree on songs that would sounds great, we all (presumably) sit (or stand :thumbup: ) in different areas of the ground. Maybe next year we should get organised so the people from FT that want to get new chants going stand together, or at least in ear shot of each other. Then people from here can start off a new chant, knowing a dozen or so people can pick it up instantly and then maybe they would catch on better?

There were efforts to get it going at Peterborough last year but our end there on the whole was appalling and 90% weren't up for anything, that really was one of the most disappointing away ends I've been in.

It can still catch on IMO, there'll be more efforts and I'm up for it at Wolves.