Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

I actuall y thought we were quite loud against brum, then i come on here after the game only for them to tell us they couldnt hear us :dry:

I thought we were loud to but I watched some videos on youtube and the Birmingham sung loudish in the other end, but I didn't hear them? maybe something to do with the stadium, it is quite open!

I actuall y thought we were quite loud against brum, then i come on here after the game only for them to tell us they couldnt hear us :dry:

I'm sure they did, otherwise most of them wouldn't be complaning about our 'shit songs'

Also against Brighton I was sitting in P3 and remember someone posted here saying they outsung us, but I only heard them 1 time... but could actually hear L1 alright, not too often, but more than brighton :)

Ok everyone start the Melbourne chant going at Watford but expect others to look at you and sing on your own as they won't know the words. However you just ave to keep singing it and others will join in, I certainly will, we can only hope a few of us are close enough together to keep it going.

Just keep. Trying and eventually it will catch on, just need enough to convince the cool sheep brigade to join in.

Oh and personally I think this song actually sounds better when sung quite quickly which should suit the way most like to sing.

Edited by 1964FOX

Still think those Melbourne and Celtic ones are brilliant if people are willing to get them going at Watford?

If I hear them Ill join in, Im on row E

This is the problem. If you want people to sing with you, you're going to have to start them yourselves. Everyone keeps moaning that there's no atmosphere, but no-one seems to want to do anything about it themselves.

Okay, I'm going to try and sum up our chant problems in this post as this thread rarely does anything.

So please IF YOU SIT IN L1 because let's face it, that's where our home atmosphere comes from, then please read.

1) 'When You're Smiling' is our club anthem, not a grocery list. Let's try singing it slower instead of shouting the words with no tune.

2) Can we please stop singing 'We hate Forest, We hate Derby, who the **** are Coventry?', it just doesn't fit and it's actually a pretty awful chant.

3) Again, let's stop singing 'We all hate Leeds scum'. Do we really hate them? We have virtually no reason to and it's quite tinpot, they're nothing special these days. Let's just leave the unrequited hating of Leeds to Derby and Forest.

4) We Love You and Dale Cavese are really popular and sound great at home but like many other songs, we try and sing them far too fast away and it ends up sounding like chaotic groans.

5) Please let's try and get that 'Melbourne Victory' song going again. Everyone always bemoans our lack of originality and no one in England has taken this chant up yet so let's be the first.

1. Spot on.

2. Agreed again, it's dreadful and embarrassing, I'd laugh if either of the 3 named sung anything including us.

3. 100000000000000% this. Really is one of the cringeworthy, most pathetic "chants" on earth and any fanbase singing it are tinpot unless it's the likes of Man Utd who do actually have a rivalry with them. Leeds don't hate us and never will (unless we go all Millwall on them), it just fuels their ego which is what people seem to hate about them so much, why people don't realise this is beyond me.

4. Agreed again to be fair. They're laughably bad away from home.

5. Yet again agreed with that and it's about time there's a proper effort, I'm up for doing it at Watford and I'll try with my mate as well.

I should've just saved myself the effort and put "agreed with every word" but I can't resist stressing some things. Have a +1.

Okay, I'm going to try and sum up our chant problems in this post as this thread rarely does anything.

So please IF YOU SIT IN L1 because let's face it, that's where our home atmosphere comes from, then please read.

1) 'When You're Smiling' is our club anthem, not a grocery list. Let's try singing it slower instead of shouting the words with no tune.

2) Can we please stop singing 'We hate Forest, We hate Derby, who the **** are Coventry?', it just doesn't fit and it's actually a pretty awful chant.

3) Again, let's stop singing 'We all hate Leeds scum'. Do we really hate them? We have virtually no reason to and it's quite tinpot, they're nothing special these days. Let's just leave the unrequited hating of Leeds to Derby and Forest.

4) We Love You and Dale Cavese are really popular and sound great at home but like many other songs, we try and sing them far too fast away and it ends up sounding like chaotic groans.

5) Please let's try and get that 'Melbourne Victory' song going again. Everyone always bemoans our lack of originality and no one in England has taken this chant up yet so let's be the first.

I also agree with all of this.

Just one this to mention from me... I haven't heard 'When You're Smiling' for a long time, have the club even stopped playing it before kick off? Anyway, I still think, because it actually is our song, we should sing it before every game. It might not work at home, but I think everyone could/would/should join in away from home. Why can't we make it our song again? I like going to away games and seeing the opposition fans sing their own song; Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc all do it.