Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

Hate the "SCHMEICHEL, SCHMEICHEL" chant so...

"He dives to the left, he dives to the right, Kasper Schmeichel, makes Peter look Shite"

For whenever Wellens plays...

"We're on the pitch if Wellens scores, we're on the pitch if Wellens scores..."

After Jeff's performance today...

"The only way is Schlupp, baby!"

And, finally...

"This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small. You sign Halford, we sign Wes(t)ley Morgan."

"He dives to the left, he dives to the right, Kasper Schmeichel, makes Peter look Shite"

And, finally...

"This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small. You sign Halford, we sign Wes(t)ley Morgan."

Never have been Wes' biggest fan but last few game sI think Id rather have had Halford

This is very apt given what we were once and what we are now:

Those were the days my friend

We thought they’d never end

We won the lot with Martin O’Neill

We had Lennon and Sav

We scored goals for a laugh

Those were the days, my friend those were the days

(Now raucous)

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na na na

Go to 40 seconds in:

Edited by Burmesefox
  • Like 1

And, finally...

That 'Schmeichel, Schmeichel' chant is absolutely horrendous. Reminds me of 'Tigerss, Tigerss' Cringe.

The Sloop John B tune gets used so much because it's extremely easy to put lyrics to it. People can think of words on the spot as you only need two lines - The "we'll always be blue" chant at Cardiff was invented in the stadium I imagine. It's also got a good tone to it IMO, good for mocking other teams or bigging yourself up.

But to be honest we could go for a bit of variation on here, people have time to think and I must admit that tune is a bit simplistic.

It's just indicative of the laziness of football fans nowadays. Look at the number of tunes we had flying around in the 60s and 70s, great variation both melodically and lyrically.

Nowadays you get stared at like you're a cvnt for trying to get Bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal going...

• Like 1

Whereas there used to be genuine terrace wit and songs were started in the stands, people just follow whats popular at the moment (Sloop John B) and very few new chants get started once in the ground.

I think our (Leicester) problem is that we don't start any new songs in the pubs either. We often have hundreds crammed into pubs before away games, yet we just spout out the same boring chants, though with admittedly a few of the classics which rarely get sung at the ground.

With our numbers we've got a real chance in the pubs to get some original songs started off and if enough catch on, they'll travel into the ground too.

• Like 3