Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

Right, just stop with the bullshit about the drum being to blame for not getting songs "going."

Anyone who has met Jobber will know he's a good guy and I'm sure if more fans approached him with songs he might help start them up.

It's sad that we "need" a drum to get anything going, but if people got off their arses to contact Jobber, it'd do the club a lot of good. He's perfectly approachable!

• Like 1

He's perfectly approachable !!!

Oh great, I'm honoured, some bloke with a drum that goes on and on with the same lame 'tunes' would be prepared to talk to us 'ordinary' fans.

Get rid of the drum, it was much better in L1 before the 'official fan of the people' got given the position of 'fan leader'.

Bring back the old chants/songs AND sing them at the right speed i.e. MUCH SLOWER

Ole ole ole ole ole ole ole ole Jeffery Schlupp Schlupp Schlupp

Thats a tongue twister!

We need to bring back some of the old songs back though, my cousin always moans about the boring songs of our generation and sings the old songs he grew up with, but I doubt anyone will get any atmosphere going at the KP until we've actually achieved anything!

Whereas there used to be genuine terrace wit and songs were started in the stands, people just follow whats popular at the moment (Sloop John B) and very few new chants get started once in the ground.

I think our (Leicester) problem is that we don't start any new songs in the pubs either. We often have hundreds crammed into pubs before away games, yet we just spout out the same boring chants, though with admittedly a few of the classics which rarely get sung at the ground.

With our numbers we've got a real chance in the pubs to get some original songs started off and if enough catch on, they'll travel into the ground too.

I agree with that fully, to be fair.

And the ohhhhhhhhhhhhh before it.

I'm not gonna lie but we are one of the worst set of fans for singing wise... We just sing plain plain boring songs like "LESTOH LESTOH LESTOH..." or "We love you leicester we do"

We sing "We love you" far too quick and same with the Ben Marshall song. Impossible to sing that away in tune with out the drum. Would be great to get some good chants going loudly for once

I'm not gonna lie but we are one of the worst set of fans for singing wise... We just sing plain plain boring songs like "LESTOH LESTOH LESTOH..." or "We love you leicester we do"

We sing "We love you" far too quick and same with the Ben Marshall song. Impossible to sing that away in tune with out the drum. Would be great to get some good chants going loudly for once

We do sing far too quick yes. Anyone got any ideas why we do this and why the imagination of the fans in terms of songs has just gone in the last decade?

Agree, Sing most the songs too fast and then we dont have anything to sing after the 25th Minute or so.

Forget it, Friday everybody just go crazy, that'll liven the atmo :thumbup: