Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum so hello to everyone!

When I go and watch city I wish we had some more unique songs, I like alot I'm sure get tired of hearing cmon leicester , or clap clap (and so on) Leicester! I mean ye there fine, but all the time cmon? It's nice when your club has its own unique anthem or even if its just a good old song or chant sung effectivley like for example the slow "marching in song" as some people have already mentioned. The very slow version sounds great! See my vid.

That is what it should sound like and its a song EVERYONE knows!

I also think that the EXACT same should be done with When your smiling, It should be slow not at such a pace its over in 10 seconds and just sounds like a blur....

Just my opinion what do you guys think? I'll be up for a good sing song on Sunday anyway!

Blue Army!!!!

Edited by MATLCFC
  • Like 2

Hi all,

When I go and watch city I wish we had some more unique songs, I like alot I'm sure get tired of hearing cmon leicester , or clap clap (and so on) Leicester! I mean ye there fine, but all the time cmon? It's nice when your club has its own unique anthem or even if its just a good old song or chant sung effectivley like for example the slow "marching in song" as some people have already mentioned. The very slow version sounds great! See my vid.

I also think that the EXACT same should be done with When your smiling, It should be slow not at such a pace its over in 10 seconds and just sounds like a blur....

Just my opinion what do you guys think? I'll be up for a good sing song on Sunday anyway!

Blue Army!!!!

Very nice way to introduce yourself, couldn't agree more.

And jonthefox, I reckon it hasn't, but I mean one that lasts a good 2/3 mins in L1 would be superb, like the vid I've linked.

http://www.fanchants.com/football-team/leicester_city/

anyone got any mp3s of any of the relevant chants on here?

apologies if posted earlier in the thread

Ugh. That page is an embarrassment. There must be some recordings of people singing stuff like When You're Smiling and Bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal that can be uploaded somewhere?

Very nice way to introduce yourself, couldn't agree more.

And jonthefox, I reckon it hasn't, but I mean one that lasts a good 2/3 mins in L1 would be superb, like the vid I've linked.

What?! lol

That song gets sung every week by most clubs, including ours.

Hi all,

Blue Army!!!!

Not exactly the most original is it? I can see where you are coming from though.

"We'll never play you again"

Pretty mandatory for Sunday I would have thought?

Ones I'd like to hear, so sing them.

"Weee shall not, we shall not be moved, we shall not, we shall not be moved,

because we're the pride, of the East Midlands, weee shall not be moved!!"

"Come on without, come on within,

you aint seen nothing like the might King!" <----- why we don't sing this is beyond me! Great chant.

"Come on without, come on within,

you aint seen nothing like the might King!" <----- why we don't sing this is beyond me! Great chant.

This has been suggested by the same person about 10 times, so I doubt it will happen :rolleyes:

Quite. Do some of these suggestions even need to be made?

Judging by the same old stuff that gets shouted... I thought so. I mean its not original at all, but sounds good. Shame more people dont join in with a slow version of when your smiling, hopefully sundays efforts by the club to revitalise the song will go down well?

Edited by MATLCFC

I personally think we really do have a fantastic bunch of players and they each deserve a song. It shows that the fans appreciate them .

We need a better 1 for Wayne Brown, one for Andy King and Wellens. The 'hes here hes there hes everyf'in .. Jacky hobbs is decent. Gallagher needs one. There the 4 main players who need an appreciative song :P

Any ideas?

That's not really a "new chant" though is it? It's just ripping off West Brom/Watford/FCUM et al...

i think the majority of chants are sung by more than one team! it doesnt have to be original,but would be nice to hear a few chants that are new to LEICESTER FANS,rather than the same old songs.dont get me wrong i sing whatever but would love a few more.

Guest Mee-9

To the tune of Iwan is a welshman

Mcgivern is a rentboy, and he wears a blue jock strap,

He lives with DJ Campbell in a scruffy council flat,

He gets skinned on the left,

He gets skinned on the right,

And when he plays for Leicester we say hes fooking shite.

What?! lol

That song gets sung every week by most clubs, including ours.

True but our's is shite in fairness, it lasts for about 10 seconds at the back of SK1 before it dies out due to being sang too quickly, doesn't really compare to the one I linked which lasted ages, sung at the right tempo and generally sounded class.

I personally think we really do have a fantastic bunch of players and they each deserve a song. It shows that the fans appreciate them .

We need a better 1 for Wayne Brown, one for Andy King and Wellens. The 'hes here hes there hes everyf'in .. Jacky hobbs is decent. Gallagher needs one. There the 4 main players who need an appreciative song :P

Any ideas?

Wayne Brown's is spot on, and we do have one for Gallagher, basically it's "GAAAAAAAAAAAALLAGHEEEEEER, GAAAAAAAALLAGHEEEER", same way as Liverpool sing "Liiiiiiiverpoool...", sounds quality in my opinion, shame it doesn't get sang more often.

Edited by Dan LCFC

We've never loved a team like you before

We'll follow you forevermore

And the ghosts of Filbert Street still roar

Coz we've never loved a team like you before

Tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3OlxNkt9E

Sounds immense in my head if you clap out the rhythm after each line, then sing the guitar riff that follows it while going mental.

• Like 1

We've never loved a team like you before

We'll follow you forevermore

And the ghosts of Filbert Street still roar

Coz we've never loved a team like you before

Tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3OlxNkt9E

Sounds immense in my head if you clap out the rhythm after each line, then sing the guitar riff that follows it while going mental.

Ha that's quality.

True but our's is shite in fairness, it lasts for about 10 seconds at the back of SK1 before it dies out due to being sang too quickly, doesn't really compare to the one I linked which lasted ages, sung at the right tempo and generally sounded class.

Bang on mate. I sit towards the back of SK1 and the small pocket of lads who stand at the back are clueless. They mean well, but have clearly been to a few away games and think they are the pinnacle of vocal support. They stand there moaning about the lack of chanting all game and telling ppl to stand - yet to start a song they whisper to each other about which song to sing then sing it 100 miles an hour.

As I said though, at least they are trying to create an atmosphere and I'm quite confident of the Play-off having a great atmosphere! Must be said though, although only sang by a few, the slowed down version of 'Oh When The Blues' was class yesterday against 'Boro!!

Richie Wellens Is The Best

Is The Best

Is The Best

Richie Wellens Is The Best

He Hates Blackpool.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Simple I think but I just want a song for Wellens.

Put Blackpool because of who they are with Holloway and all that plus Blackpool fans hate Wellens for leaving them all those years ago for rivals Oldham.