Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

13 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Where can find the lyrics of our current songs, without scrolling through 500 pages of this thread?

There is an older song list on the old filbo spirit (union fs blog) if you want to have butches but it is 6 seasons or so out of date.

Keep an eye out on the ufs website as they are going to put one back up on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

treads huge, how many song from here have made the stands?

Quite a few.

Leicester City our boys in blue started on here because a Leicester fan in Melbourne made a version of the Victory chant. Now half of the professional clubs in the country sing and it's caught in other countries too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Their defiantly a ****ing cracking football tune in that Opus life is life song, just need a wordsmith to come up with some lyrics, got a good rhythm in it and a nana na bit.

Would be amazed if one's not been done by a set of fans in Germany or Austria to it already. Right up their street.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

treads huge, how many song from here have made the stands?

I might be imagining it but I think Jamie Vardys having a party came from someone on here, at least the world famous second line anyway (pardon the pun)

32 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I might be imagining it but I think Jamie Vardys having a party came from someone on here, at least the world famous second line anyway (pardon the pun)

It'd be sung for years by other clubs, I think Josh McEachran was the first 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It'd be sung for years by other clubs, I think Josh McEachran was the first 

Yeah, was done for Paddy Kenny and others too before we nabbed it.

Was also sung by England cricket fans for Phil Tuffnell in the nineties, but the second line was "Bring your spliff and your Bacardi".

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2022 at 21:55, Voll Blau said:

- Chase The Sun came out in 2001 and is widely chanted at football, darts and elsewhere. If you don't know the tune (not that it's a hard one to pick up anyway) you've been living under a rock for 20 years.

- Maddison likes having a beer and enjoys darts. Reckon he'd enjoy that reference.

- The first two words are 'James Maddison'. Most football chants mention their subject's name just the once.

- It could be a bit slower, but also needs to be sung with a bit of energy otherwise it just sounds dreary.

- Well, whose fault is that? The people singing or the people not bothering?

Not sure any of three chants we have for Vardy are sung any slower either.

Get your clipboard out at the ground and ask people two words - do you know the tune from the darts and what's it called. Less than 5% will get both right. And even then it's not chant material. The fact hardly anyone outside the block is joining in with any of it after six months suggests its a dead duck. Complicated doesn't matter - there's more words in the "wears a magic hat" song and "Vichai". Songs need familiarity. Tielemans and Wilf are old time classics. Chasing The Sun could be around for 20 more years but it's not mainstream.
The other point here is the idea of the section is to improve the atmosphere, to get people to join in. If people aren't joining in with the song by now, they never will. There's only going to be about 20 chances this season to show the "matchday experience" suits that the section has a purpose and it works. Wasting time on chants that don't get people joining in won't help.  It's got to be a throwback to old times, more general Leicester chants that are just loud, that people hear while they're watching the game and join in with without going "what are they saying?" You know from being on here and social media groups the amount of times people ask "what are the words to......". The acoustics are shit, people are only going to join in with the basic Leicester stuff and there needs to be more of that.The Vardy chants might not be slower but they're more.....I dunno chanty? If Chasing The Sun is going to stay then I'd probably ditch half the lyrics. Just stick with "Maddison plays down at Filbert Way he's a superstar" and ditch all the Grealish & Mount and pissed at the darts stuff. It just makes it clearer.

I want this section to work because it's been needed for a while and too many people have opposed it for dumb reasons but you need to take the feedback onboard and not just dismiss stuff as other people's fault.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Get your clipboard out at the ground and ask people two words - do you know the tune from the darts and what's it called. Less than 5% will get both right. And even then it's not chant material. The fact hardly anyone outside the block is joining in with any of it after six months suggests its a dead duck. Complicated doesn't matter - there's more words in the "wears a magic hat" song and "Vichai". Songs need familiarity. Tielemans and Wilf are old time classics. Chasing The Sun could be around for 20 more years but it's not mainstream.
The other point here is the idea of the section is to improve the atmosphere, to get people to join in. If people aren't joining in with the song by now, they never will. There's only going to be about 20 chances this season to show the "matchday experience" suits that the section has a purpose and it works. Wasting time on chants that don't get people joining in won't help.  It's got to be a throwback to old times, more general Leicester chants that are just loud, that people hear while they're watching the game and join in with without going "what are they saying?" You know from being on here and social media groups the amount of times people ask "what are the words to......". The acoustics are shit, people are only going to join in with the basic Leicester stuff and there needs to be more of that.The Vardy chants might not be slower but they're more.....I dunno chanty? If Chasing The Sun is going to stay then I'd probably ditch half the lyrics. Just stick with "Maddison plays down at Filbert Way he's a superstar" and ditch all the Grealish & Mount and pissed at the darts stuff. It just makes it clearer.

I want this section to work because it's been needed for a while and too many people have opposed it for dumb reasons but you need to take the feedback onboard and not just dismiss stuff as other people's fault.

Knowing the tune to Chase The Sun didn't appear to be a problem when it was sung for Yakubu more than a decade ago.

As with any chant, nothing sounds "chanty" until it does - i.e. it reaches the tipping point where enough people join in that it's deemed to be something lads at football find acceptable to join in with. There are loads of examples of chants that have weird melodies and lyrics but have stood the test of time.

Also, there are loads of examples of chants in recent years that have only caught on after months of a few dozen lads plugging away with them. Sometimes it takes a moment in a match or the right people being in the right pub at the right time with cameras out. Just the way it is these days! Hopefully having the new section will help new chants catch fire quicker, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm taking your feedback on board mate and thought we were having a pretty reasonable discussion about this? I'm just simply pointing out the bits in your argument that don't feel logical to me. Take your point about it needing to be slower and clearer totally!

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Knowing the tune to Chase The Sun didn't appear to be a problem when it was sung for Yakubu more than a decade ago.

As with any chant, nothing sounds "chanty" until it does - i.e. it reaches the tipping point where enough people join in that it's deemed to be something lads at football find acceptable to join in with. There are loads of examples of chants that have weird melodies and lyrics but have stood the test of time.

Also, there are loads of examples of chants in recent years that have only caught on after months of a few dozen lads plugging away with them. Sometimes it takes a moment in a match or the right people being in the right pub at the right time with cameras out. Just the way it is these days! Hopefully having the new section will help new chants catch fire quicker, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm taking your feedback on board mate and thought we were having a pretty reasonable discussion about this? I'm just simply pointing out the bits in your argument that don't feel logical to me. Take your point about it needing to be slower and clearer totally!

Yes we are, I wasn't getting overly ratty about it, just making a point.

Just don't go hoping that one day someone will film Chasing the Sun being sung in pub and suddenly it goes viral. It's not happening, it just needs tweaking to be catchy and more chanty (last time I use that word it's winding me up  lol )

On 08/08/2022 at 06:32, SemperEadem said:

I had originally picked up the tune from a Hertha BSC chant but since told Rangera use it also.

So simple this one that even the ardent ‘UFS sing too wordy songs’ could be proactive enough to learn it.

“Leicester City FC
They’re the team for me 
At home or away 
On a Saturday”

Like the one above it, get it going in a concourse soon.

edit - oh and its a double whamey as it nails the ‘UFS only sing songs to tunes that no one knows, well smoke this one as its Michael Jackson’.

Got a pretty solid airing yesterday.

On 15/08/2022 at 17:26, Nalis said:

Brendan had a dream

To break a football team

He came from Celtic and now he's slates all of our own

We play three at the back and rarely attack

Champions league bottlers, you made us sing that.

I would loooovvvveee this to be sung on Saturday. 

I know it's counter productive, and probably would do more harm to our players (I suppose a bit like booing) 

But if we are getting a pounding, have played 5 at the back, and generally been pretty sh1t,  Lets make it happen in the last 5 mins.. Especially if Top is in attendence. 

Ok,  now awaiting a bashing for posting.. 

Arsenal with two solid additions to their songbook with the Zinchenko and Saliba chants. Wish we had a few more fun and simple chants like those.

Think the last time we introduced chants that got a full away end singing and enjoying for a long period of time was probably when the Ndidi chant kicked off.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Arsenal with two solid additions to their songbook with the Zinchenko and Saliba chants. Wish we had a few more fun and simple chants like those.

Think the last time we introduced chants that got a full away end singing and enjoying for a long period of time was probably when the Ndidi chant kicked off.

The stick that certain people would get if they sang "Tequilla" at the football would be biblical.