Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Ain't nobody

Like Hamza Choudhury

Makes me happy

Makes me feel this way

That’s a cracker - it really got going a few News Years back when he scored the 3rd in a 3-0 win - one of my favourite recent (ish) games - we were awesome that day and had about 80% possession. Literally played them off their own park

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Harry Winks's name doesn't lend itself well to a chant does it. Fair play to the lads giving it a go though

Winks, Winks,

Harry, Harry Winks,

He’ll pass the ball, we’ll score a goal,

Harry, Harry Winks 😜

• Like 1

On 25/07/2023 at 19:57, SemperEadem said:

I want to tell you,
I might as well do,
About a boy who can do anything,
Signed by Marseca,
To play for Leicester 
Harry Winks, Harry Winks, Harry Winks

This was one suggestion for Harry Winks that isn't out of the used by every club multiple times book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This was one suggestion for Harry Winks that isn't out of the used by every club multiple times book.

Does that matter? Might get some more participation from the masses rather that 20 people mumbling the words to a song nobody knows that isnt catchy, just a thought. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Correct - but it tends to get more motion if it’s a recognised tune, not something dug out of the italian second tier. You get my drift. 

Not sure I entirely agree with that. We Love You, for example, was made famous by a YouTube video of a German third division (at the time, I think I'm right in saying) club and the Ben Marshall chant was based on video made popular by an Italian fourth division fanbase. Neither would have been considered catchy in this country until they caught on with enough people at Palace plugging away at the former and whoever it was who started doing the latter here (can't remember, half the Football League had a tune to Dale Cavese by the time we got round to adopting it).

I get that it can be easier for recognised tunes to catch on, but it's not necessarily a given. Besides, football's boring if every set of fans are just singing the same tunes back and forth to each other.

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure I entirely agree with that. We Love You, for example, was made famous by a YouTube video of a German third division (at the time, I think I'm right in saying) club and the Ben Marshall chant was based on video made popular by an Italian fourth division fanbase. Neither would have been considered catchy in this country until they caught on with enough people at Palace plugging away at the former and whoever it was who started doing the latter here (can't remember, half the Football League had a tune to Dale Cavese by the time we got round to adopting it).

I get that it can be easier for recognised tunes to catch on, but it's not necessarily a given. Besides, football's boring if every set of fans are just singing the same tunes back and forth to each other.

Ok so you've managed to dig out two examples that you think may of been adopted by a european lower league side. I think the point is participation, the players aren't going to be bothered if its original, the more noise made the better - I don't think anyone can argue either of those points. I'm not having a go, just a suggestion.  

On 25/07/2023 at 19:57, SemperEadem said:

I want to tell you,
I might as well do,
About a boy who can do anything,
Signed by Marseca,
To play for Leicester 
Harry Winks, Harry Winks, Harry Winks

Rate this. Is it me or would “about a boy who does everything” work slightly better?

Hermansen to Cody

Cody to Wout Faes

Wouty to Winksy

Back to Justin

Justin to Choudhury

Choudhury to Vardy

Then we start over again

We've got the ball

We've got the ball

We've got the ball

We've got the ball

We've got the ball

We've got the ball

We've got the ball

_78628608_ant_dec_2002_pa.jpg

46 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Ok so you've managed to dig out two examples that you think may of been adopted by a european lower league side. I think the point is participation, the players aren't going to be bothered if its original, the more noise made the better - I don't think anyone can argue either of those points. I'm not having a go, just a suggestion.  

But that is what having a good mix is all about. There will always be chants that have been around for years and years, there will be chants that are reused by every club in the UK and there will be chants that are a bit more original and new. The latter are the hardest to get going and need work and people being a bit more inventive, that's the fun/challenge of it.

You wouldn't go to a music festival with every band playing the same tune but with some different lyrics, would be boring.

Back to this Harry Winks chant, it's actually been used before (an example is Man United using it for Januzaj). The only reason people "mumble" certain songs is because they can't be arsed to put any effort in. If people actually gave things a go and actively tried to go along with some newer stuff it would help create a more varied songbook that isn't overly repetitive by the time you are 20 mins into a match. There are so many songs over the past 10 years that have been sung by Leicester fans that were a little bit more into unknown territory and worked. All about having the commitment to actually put that effort in.

No one is saying get rid of all "simple" or "older" chants, merely having a go at something new and expanding. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

But that is what having a good mix is all about. There will always be chants that have been around for years and years, there will be chants that are reused by every club in the UK and there will be chants that are a bit more original and new. The latter are the hardest to get going and need work and people being a bit more inventive, that's the fun/challenge of it.

You wouldn't go to a music festival with every band playing the same tune but with some different lyrics, would be boring.

Back to this Harry Winks chant, it's actually been used before (an example is Man United using it for Januzaj). The only reason people "mumble" certain songs is because they can't be arsed to put any effort in. If people actually gave things a go and actively tried to go along with some newer stuff it would help create a more varied songbook that isn't overly repetitive by the time you are 20 mins into a match. There are so many songs over the past 10 years that have been sung by Leicester fans that were a little bit more into unknown territory and worked. All about having the commitment to actually put that effort in.

No one is saying get rid of all "simple" or "older" chants, merely having a go at something new and expanding. Nothing wrong with that.

WYS gets mumbled and that’s inexcusable. Some chants, where we’re forcing in words, (like the Maddison chant) are always gonna be mumbled. 

Still, it’s good that people are trying. Every now and then we’ll craft a classic that will still get sung at Burton away in the League Cup many years later!