Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_jmDscGi7E&feature=player_detailpage

Do do do do dooo do do do do dooo do do do do dooo

This songs for you Jermaine Beckford
Your goals will always brighten up my day
Hey hey hey,

Your goals will always brighten up my day,
Hey hey hey.

And keep repeating it for as long as we want.
  • Like 2

Dan LCFC quote:-

I do agree there but be fair here - a good 100 L1'ers could've read this, but they'll probably think to themselves, "oh, that was a good chant, I'll start this now"..... "hmm, what if no-one else knows it though?", that's how I see it and I'd be the exact same sadly.

Unfortunately i think your right. Unless a group of 5, 6 or maybe a group of mates start up together and keep going until its picked up i think we're stuck with dull chants that can be easily remembered after hearing it once. Having said that they would probably be met with 'what the ****ing hell is that.'

Any way what do you think to my simple hear it once, easily remembered version of mrs robinson.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

First time poster here, Been reading the forums for a couple of years now :scarf:

I've been listening to a particular song now for a couple of days and If sung by just one end of the KP it would be amazing in my view.

From 1.52 on wards up until the end! :rolleyes:

If enough people started singing it would surely catch on? :dunno:

People on this forum are always banging on about how were not original and unique, well I'm pretty sure no one else sings this and even the lyrics go on about being original!

:sge: would love it.

Edited by Smiithy Fox

There are some good points being made BUT

I get frustrated by numerous on this forum moaning about no new songs being sung. People need to get out there and sing these songs and yes you will get ''what the ****ing hell is that'' and ''on your own'' but you need to have the balls to sing it alone if need be and if it's catchy enough it will get sung by the very ones who have a go at you for being on your own.

It's not easy but it can be done. You will be surprised what people will sing, I got two doses of on your own when at Rotherham when singing 'known' songs but when I sang ''Shrewsbury 2 Derby 0'' just for the benefit of 5 or six people around me (i was keeping them up to date with the scores and was happy so sang it) you can imagine my surprise when about 100 other people joined in. Did it again at 3-0 and it worked again.

My point new and eandom chants do catch on but you have to take the failure and rejection more often than not.

So any of you lyric masters on here I will expect to hear you at away games, put your mouth where your words are.

Edited by 1964FOX

I get frustrated by numerous on this forum moaning about no new songs being sung. People need to get out there and sing these songs and yes you will get ''what the ****ing hell is that'' and ''on your own'' but you need to have the balls to sing it alone if need be and if it's catchy enough it will get sung by the very ones who have a go at you for being on your own.

It's not easy but it can be done. You will be surprised what people will sing, I got two doses of on your own when at Rotherham when singing 'known' songs but when I sang ''Shrewsbury 2 Derby 0'' just for the benefit of 5 or six people around me (i was keeping them up to date with the scores and was happy so sang it) you can imagine my surprise when about 100 other people joined in. Did it again at 3-0 and it worked again.

My point new and eandom chants do catch on but you have to take the failure and rejection more often than not.

So any of you lyric masters on here I will expect to hear you at away games, put your mouth where your words are.

Your not wrong. A few years back i would of done/did do, but now i guess i'm happy to let someone else take the lead. It is easier away from home however so maybe i shall have to break out of chant starting retirement and start something new.

Is there any way someone could make a new chant poll??..that would at least indicate that others are prepared to try something new and whatever chant is top before matchday,maybe we could give it a go..If so,I hope you could include the chant I posted (page 114..also see edited version) as i think it is short/catchy enough for people to remember..would be hilarious against Watford and would be virtually uncopyable (hmm is there such a word?)..would the poll be possible?..would also like some feedback on my chant..as I AM going to chant it against Watford anyway..no matter how much my lad laughs at me :blink:

Unfortunately i think your right. Unless a group of 5, 6 or maybe a group of mates start up together and keep going until its picked up i think we're stuck with dull chants that can be easily remembered after hearing it once. Having said that they would probably be met with 'what the ****ing hell is that.'

Any way what do you think to my simple hear it once, easily remembered version of mrs robinson.

Fosse Boys did it - laughed at. I reckon if the FB sneaked themselves into L1 with no evidence of it being them, some of them older songs would catch on - no offence but too many of our support will not join in just because it's them, absolutely pathetic IMO but if they don't know, maybe they would.

I've just heard yours, Stockport sang it about Jim Gannon I believe, I think it's a very good effort personally, it's hardly generic by any means even if someone else does sing it. I'd happily join in.

Credit really, and I do entirely agree, far easier if a couple of you do it but again that's having the bollocks.

I don't suppose you're Gary by any chance? "1964 Fox", seems very familiar to me.

Is there any way someone could make a new chant poll??..that would at least indicate that others are prepared to try something new and whatever chant is top before matchday,maybe we could give it a go..If so,I hope you could include the chant I posted (page 114..also see edited version) as i think it is short/catchy enough for people to remember..would be hilarious against Watford and would be virtually uncopyable (hmm is there such a word?)..would the poll be possible?..would also like some feedback on my chant..as I AM going to chant it against Watford anyway..no matter how much my lad laughs at me :blink:

No point doing a Poll because even the winner will most likely never get any sort of airing, huge waste of time.

Credit really, and I do entirely agree, far easier if a couple of you do it but again that's having the bollocks.

I don't suppose you're Gary by any chance? "1964 Fox", seems very familiar to me.

No point doing a Poll because even the winner will most likely never get any sort of airing, huge waste of time.

Yes it's me - busted

If he scores against Barnsley:

You are my Beckford

My Jermaine Beckford

Who signed from Everton on deadline day

We never noticed

Your true ability

Untill you scored at Barnsley away

:ph34r:

Edited by Fox92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_jmDscGi7E&feature=player_detailpage

Your goals will always brighten up my day

Hey hey hey,

Your goals will always brighten up my day,

Hey hey hey.

And keep repeating it for as long as we want.

Like this, 1:00 in?

442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...442...

Repeat until sven hears (maybe christmas time?)

If he scores against Barnsley:

You are my Beckford

My Jermaine Beckford

Who signed from Everton on deadline day

We never noticed

Your true ability

Untill you scored at Barnsley away

:ph34r:

Yeh, nice. Like this but sitting in L1 with a load of Grannys and adolescent girls with their dads I think we've got little chance. The most 'atmosphere' we get is Gallagher's personal heckler who after about 60 minutes invariably shouts something like 'C'mon Gallagher look interested' which through the ear bleeding silence is enough for me and my 2 mates to nearly piss out the beer we've had in the 1884 before the game.

L1) View 10/10, atmos-10/10.

However, it's worth a go! :scarf:

Yeh, nice. Like this but sitting in L1 with a load of Grannys and adolescent girls with their dads I think we've got little chance. The most 'atmosphere' we get is Gallagher's personal heckler who after about 60 minutes invariably shouts something like 'C'mon Gallagher look interested' which through the ear bleeding silence is enough for me and my 2 mates to nearly piss out the beer we've had in the 1884 before the game.

L1) View 10/10, atmos-10/10.

However, it's worth a go! :scarf:

did he score at barnsley then :whistle:

WTF! A heap of puerile shit! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Have to agree with you, I'd much rather something like "BECKFORD, BECKFORD, BECKFORD". Or "DA DA DA DA, JERMAINE BECKFORD", how ironic would that be, having the same song, for two players? :o

:rolleyes:

Honestly, I think it's far better than what you'd usually get from our fans.

I was surprised to hear us sing JCGE to Jermaine Beckford, slow the fvcker down a bit though lads.