Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Star Citizen

Worth a thread I think.

Are there many of you watching this progress? Anyone got a game package?

It has promised a lot, and it's starting to look really great. The latest demo from Gamescom speaks for itself

I haven't played much alpha myself, But I am going to soon I think. But it looks better than Elite Dangerous in every way, seamless flying from space to planet surface, to space station etc (all shown above) I can't wait.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com 

(I have a referral code if you decide to sign up, we can get bonuses STAR-5QXQ-W55Y and you get 5000 UEC starting cash as well)

That's not the reason I made the thread, but thought I may as well add it.

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

why have I not heard or seen anything of this? It looks great, though I wouldn't fancy paying $18,000 for one of the game packages.

Yeah, those pledges are completely ridiculous, however, I have 2 game packages, and haven't spent over £50 for the Single player game, and the multiplayer universe. And every ship, apart from the special editions, will be available to buy with in game cash

Hard to say mate, You would need a decent quad core CPU and a 2GB GPU at a guess. If you can run elite, you should be able to run Star Citizen, on medium settings. Remember it's in alpha though, so not optimised.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It sounds good but it sounds almost too good to be true.

How does the mmo work? Same as elite? With instances as you move around and a local cap?

I agree, it seems too good, but I have confidence in the project, and after playing last night, I have seen how amazing it is now in its current, basic state. 

I think the MMO will be similar to test drive unlimited. This is guesswork, but the universe is one piece, where Elite is a series of bubble after bubble, SC is not, when you warp, you are still in the same space, not a loading screen. So I think as you move to different areas, you will join other people "bubble" like in test drive. thats the best I can describe it

• 1 month later...

I have bought a small corvette package. It's more of a little bet on the game actually getting finished more than anything, it is a kickstarter type deal after all.. I have friends who have spent thousands of dollars already and each time a new ship is released they buy more, madness if you ask me. Although if the game gets finished, and they have funds running into the millions to do so I believe, it has potential to be one of the greatest games of all time.

3 minutes ago, BigFoxForYou said:

I have bought a small corvette package. It's more of a little bet on the game actually getting finished more than anything, it is a kickstarter type deal after all.. I have friends who have spent thousands of dollars already and each time a new ship is released they buy more, madness if you ask me. Although if the game gets finished, and they have funds running into the millions to do so I believe, it has potential to be one of the greatest games of all time.

I'm in a similar boat (ship) I bought a small ship for the SC package, then another when squadron 42 got announced, so i have 2 copies of star citizen and one of squadron 42. the combined cost is around £40. claims of this game being expensive are ridiculous, I think its a bargain

Archived