Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Maybury

Maybury is a good player, who's not had the best of starts to this season. I'm sure he'll be back after his 3 game ban.

I'd like to see Stearman and Maybury accomodated in the same XI as I think they are two of the best eleven players at the club.

Hopefully Stearman will seize his chance over the next 3 games and make it impossible for CL to leave him out.

not at all.

my team VS brighton

-----------------------Douglas---------------------

Stearman ------ Nissa ------ Dublin ------ Sheehan

Sylla ------- Hughes ------- Gudjonsson ---- Hammill

----------------De Vries ------ Hume ---------------

Subs : Henderson, Hammond, Tiatto, Wilcox, McCarthy

Maybury is a good player, who's not had the best of starts to this season. I'm sure he'll be back after his 3 game ban.

Agreed. And it can happen to any player... in fact, it probably DOES happy to any player at some point.

I'd like to see Stearman and Maybury accomodated in the same XI as I think they are two of the best eleven players at the club.

Hopefully Stearman will seize his chance over the next 3 games and make it impossible for CL to leave him out.

I have to agree with you here too.

Sorry for not adding much to what you said, but I felt the need to simply say that I agree with you 100% there.

:)

not at all.

my team VS brighton

-----------------------Douglas---------------------

Stearman ------ Nissa ------ Dublin ------ Sheehan

Sylla ------- Hughes ------- Gudjonsson ---- Hammill

----------------De Vries ------ Hume ---------------

Subs : Henderson, Hammond, Tiatto, Wilcox, McCarthy

Good well balanced team there.

I fancy Hume to shine against a team like Brighton,that's no disrespect to them,it's just that QPR are a much more physical side then them and set their stall out on Saturday for a bit of a tear up.

I take it none of you think we will miss mcCarthy against The sheep shaggers then.

he could be the man to inspire the side

I do... I will. But I was waiting for someone else to make the point before me :P

He can indeed be inspiring to the team ... :)

As with others it'd be nice to see him play in his most effective position - just behind the front two. I explained why it wouldn't work having him as a main striker with MDV. He's suited to being the "hole" player cos he can run swiftly on to lay offs, he can play long or short passes himself and he can move wide left or right and he's got a good shot.

Again, it all fits perfectly with 4-3-3 (or 4-4-2 for that matter if Hammond and MDV are forward). Why doesn't Levein realise that?. Why play him as a main striker?

He needs to be at the hub of things.

Maybury has a had a poor start and won't be missed over the next few games, especially if Stearman is allowed to play there.

Levein could play Kisnorbo at right back (Who was OK when played there) but I would prefer Stearman, who offers more going forward. Stearman does get caught out at times, but that is down to experience. On the whole, Stearman has played better than Maybury at right back this season, so I hope he takes his chance over the next three games.

Maybe during Maybury's absence Stearman will do a lot to secure himself a first team place for a much longer period - perhaps he will be tested at centre alongside Dublin, Gerrbrand, McCarthy or Nissa against one of the 'weaker' (less physical) sides - just to see how he copes at centre.

If he's supposed to be a central defender, why not play him there?

I think the defence and midfield should be straightened out sooner rather than later. The midfield needs to be settled a bit - get players playing in their natural positions - Hughes to the centre would be a start.

If Kisnorbo plays there i'll be very angry, he's offered us nothing this season as had Maybury. Stearman on the other hand is very reliable and effective wherever he plays.

Levein needs to pick players on merit not on reputation, something I never thought would be an issue with Craig.

Who are you referring to?

I saw Maybury today. He seemed repentant... he knows he has something to work on...

Been down the training ground again? Are you one of those football groupies, always hanging around the training ground? Had any flings with the players yet? :D:D:D:D

Archived