Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

New manager?

shocking how some people are actually talking about MON, Fergie, Jose and Arsene in this thread.. get with it, even if its joking, why on earth would any of them come near us with a bargepole?

As for realistic candidates - there arent any, simple! Levein IS the way forward and we should give our utmost support to the team and manager. I know its a difficult time but we need to give Levein the chance to realise his mistakes, make changes and learn from them. Simply calling for his head when things arent going great will deffo get us back to square 1 again.

SACKING LEVEIN WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD....

Only a few weeks ago, people were saying that they were prepared for the long haul, that they'd be happy to finish mid-table as long as progress is made. Progress is slowly being made, I feel, and whilst results have been poor, if we continue to improve throughout the season, and the results start to come, then we will finish just there, in mid-table, and if we're really lucky, staring play-off's in the face.

If we are still languishing in the nether regions of this division by Christmas, then I might start worrying.

If Levein were to go, which I don't want, then I can't see anyone who would do a good job, who is available.

John Gregory and Trevor Francis were two of the favourites for the Plymouth job. Now I know that we'd probably get slightly bigger and better applicants, but they'd still be far from good managers.

Levein is the way forward, honestly. :thumbup:

Completely agree with every word you said. Levein stays! Please. There is no point in getting rid of Craig. I agree with supedaj: SACKING LEVEIN WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD!

Here is a dodgy Internet rumour. :huh::(:unsure:

Source

A source close to the Leicester City Chief Executive has told me that Craig Levein will be sacked on Wednesday if Leicester City fail to beat to Brighton on Tuesday.

i doubt that levein will be gone this season let alone this week, he has done the best in terms of people he could bring with no money and probably would of liked to have kept connolly, he was the closest thing we had to a STAR player as such, something which we really lack, dublin is our longest serving player but if he picks up an injury he probably wont ever play again and i personally think him playing in defence is one of our weak spots due to his lack of pace.

onto the actual topic of this thread if levein was to be hoofed out which i dont think would solve anything, i would like to see gary mc'allister and eric black come in depending on gary's family situation he would be a great manager here....in my opinion.

Realistic targets.. only one I'd pick would be Martin O'Neill. You never know, he likes the club, if it came about that we were after a new manager he might well apply to get back into the game. Who knows.. perhaps that's what he's waiting for!! :cool: I bet there isn't a City fan alive who wouldn't love to see him back in charge.

Oneil???? No fecking chance, jesus honestly people get over the o'neil years for for christs sake. We sound like bloody forest fans... "oooh cloughie this, oooh cloughie that. Ooooh we used to be in the premier and won a few ups, we are too good for where we are"

mc'allister???? What a wonderful job he did at Coventry. Lets get him in with Steve Walsh and Gerry Taggert as assistants while we are at it.

Realistic targets.. only one I'd pick would be Martin O'Neill. You never know, he likes the club, if it came about that we were after a new manager he might well apply to get back into the game. Who knows.. perhaps that's what he's waiting for!! :cool: I bet there isn't a City fan alive who wouldn't love to see him back in charge.

Norwich are after him apparently

Rumour has it

Names being bandied about as possible replacements include Martin O'Neill (who had two spells as a Norwich player, and a short one as manager prior to his joining Leicester), rumoured to have said he had "unfinished business" at the club;

I want to see a balanced team, a proper system, a commitment to pressing forward, the best players being selected, a bit of imagination from free kicks and set-pieces and I want to see 100 per cent commitment. Otherwise I'll be cheesed off - but I've been there before.

I am appalled by this thread, OK we are all well firked off that we have not got going, but being a manager is NOT all about suddenly having wins straight away,

Lets look at the facts...who is our longest serving player?

That is because CL has completely started from scratch (almost) again!

And we now have a team who are League 1 champion standard, come on lets face it CL has got them all on 3 year deals like his own.

He wont walk, we wont sack him, we wont go up, we wont go down, we will gel as a team over the next year or two and will improve as a cohesive unit, we are a young side on longish contracts, get used to the fact that its a long term aim, not a quick turnaround.

The board dont expect it, and the only reason CL and anyone else thinks we MIGHT go up is because the rest of the teams in this league bar a few are equally shite!

Its time for the champagne Charlies who demand greatness to realise that CL or someone like him will take time, but I still believe he has done more than MA already apart from taking us back up, but he hasnt had the luxury of the squad that MA had...

Hoping for MON???? MOYES????

WAKE UP!!!

Archived