Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

So you'd leave our match winner out when we are going to probably have more opportunity on the break than any of the past 3 games....

i sometimes wonder ........I must be getting old as you don't change a winning team and he was really lucky to get POY last year so hopefully he can improve.....errrr......class is permanent and form temporary ......get behind him he had games like this last season but he is still a player that we are so lucky to have....

1 hour ago, MattCan said:

I sometimes wonder too .. I must be getting old as well ..

I'll join you both in the "must be getting old gang" if I may?  Mahrez is probably the most gifted player I've seen in a Leicester shirt over the last 35 years. As with many footballing geniuses he can drift in and out of games, but he's a match winner and capable of moments of brilliance that can change a game. For that reason alone he's undroppable for me.

22 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Back to back wins would be nice, lets keep the momentum going, I would be tempted to Play Musa instead of Albrighton.

Away at lpool with mane and Clyne on that side - you may be happy but I guarantee that Marc starts there. 

What is interesting is that this is the game before Bruges away. will Claudio rotate?  Given that we should be competing with Liverpool for top 6, suspect burnley at home will see the rested players whilst we go as strong as possible at anfield

Yes, it would be nice to get one over Klopp. We have nothing to fear, we are the league champions, so why cant we go and win. A win here would certainly wipe out the poor first game at Hull.

There is a long way to go with international break now and also transfer deadline day, so hard to speculate on a side. I would tweak it slightly, maybe looking to hit on the counter with Musa and Marhez wide of Vardy in a 4-3-3. Possibly a couple of new additions on the bench?! Amartey superb today in CM.

No way Albrighton will be dropped for Liverpool away. With the pace of Mane, Clyne, Lallana and Coutinho in their side, Albrighton is nailed on to start - and rightfully so. 

I think Liverpool will start the game as favourites, but theres no way both teams will be looking to press it high.

Liverpool do play a gegenpressing style which could leave them exposed to runs in behind, while we need to be disciplined in retaining a compact structure in order to play effectively on the break.

All 3 results very possible, would be delighted with 1-1, head says 2-1 Liverpool.

Guest Col city fan
15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'll be extatic with a draw. Keep the unbeaten run going :thumbup:

lol

Was that written with High Peak in mind.

You are such a wound-up marchant....

4 hours ago, Vancouverfox said:

i think we'll win 2-1 with us dominating most of the game

When did we last 'dominate' a game against a top ten side??  

Thats is not how we play

i guarantee we will have sub 40% possession. 

If you equate goal scoring opportunities with domination then that's something different. Most equate dominating a game with possession stats.

11 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Sky Bet have made us 4/1 for the win. 

Is it just me or is that pretty outrageous? We look back to our best and Liverpool are the most inconsistent side in the league. 

bet victor are 5/1, skybet just ponce off football fans

Anything could happen. 3-0 to either side, and everything in between- no score would surprise me. 

Liverpool are massively inconsistent, whilst we've just started showing signs that we're back on our game. If we catch them on an off day, we should win. If they play well, they can turn anyone in this league over. 

Big man performance from Super Daniel again, 3-0 up before a late consolation, more pressure on Klopp and we look like the Leicester of last season on steroids.

3-1, Super Daniel on the scoresheet.

Amartey

Amartey     Amartey   Amartey    Amartey

Amartey   Amartey

20 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

On the back of an international break, think it will be a 1-1 . Hopefully maybe see a new face (or faces) on the bench after transfer deadline day. We look to have our mojo back. 

urgh. who decides the scheduling of these international breaks? 3 weeks in and everyone is just starting to find form and consistency, just to have it interrupted.

winds me up no end.

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Amartey

Amartey   Amartey

I'd just swap one of the Amarteys for Okazaki and you're good

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

When did we last 'dominate' a game against a top ten side??  

Thats is not how we play

i guarantee we will have sub 40% possession. 

If you equate goal scoring opportunities with domination then that's something different. Most equate dominating a game with possession stats.

i didn't me by possession i meant we would look far the better team with may more quality chances

Archived