Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

On September 3, 2016 at 16:49, adimo1409 said:

same team started against swansea; may be mendy though if he"s fit 

Okazaki playing tuesday as well, can he recover after travelling that much , i doubt it but we'll see 

I think Mendy will have to win his spot back from Amartey

Big game this with a number of players coming back from long trips on international duty: Okazaki, Amartey, (both with games on Tuesday), Morgan (playing on Weds), Slimani, Mahrez, Musa. A few injuries, Kasper, Schlupp, Mendy and our first ever Champions League game only a few days after, will we see the return of the Tinker man?

Guaranteed starters Huth, Simpson, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton.

Questions, who will partner Vardy? do we throw in Slim? Stick with Oka? Or go all out pace with Musa? I think he will start Okazaki (unless he comes back fatigued) and bring on Slimani with 30 minutes to go, see if the click with an eye on starting Slim and Vards on Weds. 

Do we risk Morgan? Is Hernandez up to starting? I could see Hernandez starting with Morgan coming back for Bruges, but then Morgan was just a machine last season and seemingly immune to fatigue.

I expect Mahrez to start after a comfortable game against Lesotho and a week to recover.

On 02/09/2016 at 20:07, Blue Ed said:

Cant believe the number of people wanting to play the same team as Swansea...come on man we've got Slimani...dilly ding dilly dong!!!!

Simpson----Huth----Morgan----Fuchs

---------Drinky----------Amarty----------

--------------------Sinj---------------------

Mahrez----------Slim--------------Vardy

When have we ever played that formation? 

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When have we ever played that formation? 

Hopefully never away from home as we would get absolutely mullered especially at Anfield.

They are going to come at us at 100mph like they did last season which hopefully we are better prepared for....it was one of the few games last year where we were out leicestered in my opinion and Klippety Klopp will be preparing similar tactics I am sure!

13 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Hopefully never away from home as we would get absolutely mullered especially at Anfield.

They are going to come at us at 100mph like they did last season which hopefully we are better prepared for....it was one of the few games last year where we were out leicestered in my opinion and Klippety Klopp will be preparing similar tactics I am sure!

Agreed not seen us play 4-3-3 for a while but I don't think it's outragous option. 2 holding midfielders and vardy playing a role like Nolito is for Man City

Guest seanfox778
15 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Agreed not seen us play 4-3-3 for a while but I don't think it's outragous option. 2 holding midfielders and vardy playing a role like Nolito is for Man City

Vardy is our main guy, I just can't see him being shuffled to the left. I think it'll be the same team as Swansea.

Just for the banter..

I reckon we will see the same team , to what Claudio selected against Swansea.

If fit Mendy will be coming off the bench.The same for Slimani.Ditto Musa.

One contradiction, could be Mendy for Amartey, if Claudio decides to chose hardlined

that Mendy is his no1., but why deny Amartey the recognition that he more than 

earned his right to prove he has made the break through.

For Liverpool , Claudio could even  compliment the midfield...

eg:  Mendy Drinkwater, Amartey, to give us protection across the line.

Leaving perhaps a floating Mahrez/Shinji and then Vardy making a nuisance

of themselves...

I don't see this as easy as some on here. A lot will depend on how all the players in both teams travel. If Mane is injured that will be a big plus for us as he's hard to pin down. Coutinho playing Thursday is another bonus, won't arrive back in uk until Friday night Saturday morning . Not ideal for Liverpool. Mahrez will roast Moreno but needs support from inside which is where I feel DD or Amartey can excel. 

All in all this could be our best chance for a win in Anfield for a long time. Not easy but I fancy a 2 : 1 win for us.

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey  Drinkwater Mahrez 

Vardy Slimani Musa

I have gone for a 433 as

Amartey can play right back and we seen him play well in middle so why not middle to right

Mahrez can play either side or in middle so play him middle left

3 up front and we seen musa play on left and also Vardy likes ot come back every now and then to get the ball. I think those two have a good part to play coming back and making the midfield a bit fuller to win the ball and then fast run on the break could be the way to win this game.

Attack Attack Attack

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't see this as easy as some on here. A lot will depend on how all the players in both teams travel. If Mane is injured that will be a big plus for us as he's hard to pin down. Coutinho playing Thursday is another bonus, won't arrive back in uk until Friday night Saturday morning . Not ideal for Liverpool. Mahrez will roast Moreno but needs support from inside which is where I feel DD or Amartey can excel. 

All in all this could be our best chance for a win in Anfield for a long time. Not easy but I fancy a 2 : 1 win for us.

Think he's been dropped in recent games for them unfortunately. He is pants though so I hope he gets recalled.

1 hour ago, Steve Ayling said:

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey  Drinkwater Mahrez 

Vardy Slimani Musa

I have gone for a 433 as

Amartey can play right back and we seen him play well in middle so why not middle to right

Mahrez can play either side or in middle so play him middle left

3 up front and we seen musa play on left and also Vardy likes ot come back every now and then to get the ball. I think those two have a good part to play coming back and making the midfield a bit fuller to win the ball and then fast run on the break could be the way to win this game.

Attack Attack Attack

Mahrez as a central midfielder? what the hell?

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

because I don't think Albright or Gray have set the world alight in their games this season and Schlupp was being talked up by Claudio around that Arsenal game

Fair enough, what did Ranieri say? I haven't heard it personally. Can't see him changing a winning team and to be honest I hope he doesn't. Shinji, Amartey and Albrighton don't deserve to be dropped imo (I chose those 3 as its Mendy, Schlupp and Slimani that people have most commonly wanted to bring in for this game)

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Fair enough, what did Ranieri say? I haven't heard it personally. Can't see him changing a winning team and to be honest I hope he doesn't. Shinji, Amartey and Albrighton don't deserve to be dropped imo (I chose those 3 as its Mendy, Schlupp and Slimani that people have most commonly wanted to bring in for this game)

nothing specific just his tone and excitement about how he was training made me think Schlupp would have started the Arsenal game

Archived