Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We aren't doing badly points wise it's just the uninspiring, tedious, boring, dog shit performances you want to worry about. The late goal in Slovakia has put us in a great position. 

same as last qualifying, we won the hardest away fixture first game up so basically qualified already. 

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Wooney and Kane to start by the sounds of it.

Wouldnt it be fookin refreshing if some England manager came in and shook things up a bit.

Not sure what other viable options Southgate has got to be fair mate. If he drops Rooney and Kane and we lose, he'll probably still get slaughtered so he can't win really. I'd also like to see something different but it is what it is unfortunately. Just hope whoever he picks raises their game because the Scots will be well up for it I reckon.

This whole poppy on the shirt argument is ridiculous. FIFA rules do not permit it. I know you can argue that the poppy is not a "political" signal but all the same, FIFA have said no. If England want to defy that ban, and get fined or points deducted and then spend thousands appealing against it that's up to them.

At the end of the day, they can have the poppy on their tracksuits, they will have a minutes silence and the FA can pay tribute in all sorts of other ways. What difference is it going to make to the British Legion if Wayne Rooney has a poppy on his shirt. Be more sensible for them to donate some time or money to the cause instead.

Hope FIFA deduct 3 points from us which may spare us the hassle of playing shite in a corrupt World Cup, scraping through the group before being knocked out by the first decent team we play.  Or Iceland 

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Not sure what other viable options Southgate has got to be fair mate. If he drops Rooney and Kane and we lose, he'll probably still get slaughtered so he can't win really. I'd also like to see something different but it is what it is unfortunately. Just hope whoever he picks raises their game because the Scots will be well up for it I reckon.

It's a joke mate isn't it. All fuelled by the FA, the media and every man and his dog.

If we don't somehow accept as a nation that we might have to take three steps back to finally start going forward it will literally never change.

You just know it'll be Kane, Wooney, Henderson et al. Again and again and again

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It's a joke mate isn't it. All fuelled by the FA, the media and every man and his dog.

If we don't somehow accept as a nation that we might have to take three steps back to finally start going forward it will literally never change.

I think I've resigned myself to the fact it will never change and now I just put up with it being as it is. We've had more 'root and branch' reviews over the years than you can shake a stick at lol

We can have the best stadium in the world, St George's park and all the rest of it, but we still freeze in tournaments and play with fear. I'll still be cheering them on tonight and Southgate will probably get the job full time, but it's been hard work being an England fan since Euro 96. With all the money the FA has and all the 'talent' we have in this country there's really no excuse.

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I really hope Harry Kane get's it right for England tbf, 23 years old and consecutive 20+ goal scoring seasons....under the right circumstances could be good for us I think.

And as much as I enjoy a good bit of Hendo bashing he's been really good in the heart of that Liverpool midfield this season, deserves to be playing. 

Rooney fair enough but we are going to be stuck with him till after Russia and then he will be gone. 

Why not just have a temporary tattoo of the Poppy on your hand and hold it to your heart when singing the national anthem. Problem solved.

I am finding it harder and harder to get excited for England. Even a qualifier vs Scotland just doesn't do it for me at the moment. I will still support them. Don't agree with people wanting them to lose in the hope something will change. It wont, win or lose.

I'm also past the point of being bothered if Rooney plays. I just wish they would play him as a striker if that's the case. I'm sure he could still do more of a job as a striker than a midfielder.

I will admit though if we lose tonight i will laugh my head off. Which is a shame that i feel that way. I wouldn't even be pissed off. 

• Like 2

fifa's ruling is totally poppyoustorous. how can showing respect for people that have died be political. it is about decency and respect and about showing that you care about the past.

it's England so it will be qualify, fail at tournament, repeat

15 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

fifa's ruling is totally poppyoustorous. how can showing respect for people that have died be political. it is about decency and respect and about showing that you care about the past.

it's England so it will be qualify, fail at tournament, repeat

But the players, officials and supporters can show their decency and respect by holding a minutes silence, a crowd card display or something. FIFA are right on this one. I don't even know that the players are particuarly lobbying for it. People being outraged for the sake of it over nothing.

Did anybody hear Uri Gellar this morning. Claiming he helped England beat Scotland when he used his 'psycho kinetic energy' to make the ball move when Scotland had their penalty which McCallister missed lol What a moron.

Now he wants to help Scotland tonight to 'even the odds' cause he received loads of hate mail. He must laugh his head off into his cereal every morning knowing people believe such tripe. 

My enthusiasm for England is at an all time low.

So low that I find it hilarious when they get outplayed or struggle against absolute minnows.

The Scots are a bitter bunch when it comes to football so I hope we win, but I'd still have a good old laugh if Rooney and co **** it up.

45 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Did anybody hear Uri Gellar this morning. Claiming he helped England beat Scotland when he used his 'psycho kinetic energy' to make the ball move when Scotland had their penalty which McCallister missed lol What a moron.

Now he wants to help Scotland tonight to 'even the odds' cause he received loads of hate mail. He must laugh his head off into his cereal every morning knowing people believe such tripe. 

Uri Gellar is a massive bellend!

How sad it is that I'm not even considering watching the game later. Competitive match, oldest rivalry in world football, I'm staying in and I still have zero interest.

I think back to how much it meant growing up- glued to the TV at Euro 96, the celebrations and sense of injustice when Campbell 'scored' against Argentina in 98, running around like maniacs when Beckham scored vs Greece, the burning frustration on the occasions we went out to Portugal. 

I don't think I've felt anything for England since we lost to Brazil- yes man after yes man after yes man, trying to copy the Spain model of possession football when it's painfully obvious that we don't have the personnel to make it effective, no urgency in our play. I thought Allardyce would turn things around, but as soon as he announced Rooney as his captain, that went out of the window.

• Like 1