Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chris_Unwin

GET BEHIND LEVEIN!

I appreciate that we all have our own opinions which is great but why is it that when things go wrong at Leicester its ALWAYS the manager with supporters?

Do you honestly think that bringing in a new manager will fire us up the league? I very much doubt it!

I take into account that Levein's tactics are sometimes questionable but so are Alex Ferguson's!

I found the Leicester fans a disgrace on Saturday when they sang 'you dont know what your doing' to the substitution of Hume for Hammond.

What good will that do to Levein and De Vries's confidence?

I appreciate that we all have our own opinions which is great but why is it that when things go wrong at Leicester its ALWAYS the manager with supporters?

Do you honestly think that bringing in a new manager will fire us up the league? I very much doubt it!

I take into account that Levein's tactics are sometimes questionable but so are Alex Ferguson's!

I found the Leicester fans a disgrace on Saturday when they sang 'you dont know what your doing' to the substitution of Hume for Hammond.

What good will that do to Levein and De Vries's confidence?

I agree with you mate. I thought the "you don't know what you're doing" a disgrace as well. It was terrible. Craig made the decision he thought was correct. It was. We scored. All those people were wrong.

maybe Levein thought we could still use MDV's height for the latter part. And I dont think keeping 3 strikers one was a good idea when we were already down to 10 men - formation would have been 3-3-3 or similar!

Hume may have had a good game but we have to trust the manager to an extent and let him make his decisions, albeit good or bad. Had there been several great crosses into the box, or several corners in the last 5 minutes which Hume woudl have missed due to his height, we'd have been shouting at Levein for taking our tallest player off!

It seems he cant win!

I say let him make his decisions, he will improve and will give us great things to cheer about.. if only we have the patience to let him carry on...

maybe Levein thought we could still use MDV's height for the latter part. And I dont think keeping 3 strikers one was a good idea when we were already down to 10 men - formation would have been 3-3-3 or similar!

Hume may have had a good game but we have to trust the manager to an extent and let him make his decisions, albeit good or bad. Had there been several great crosses into the box, or several corners in the last 5 minutes which Hume woudl have missed due to his height, we'd have been shouting at Levein for taking our tallest player off!

It seems he cant win!

I say let him make his decisions, he will improve and will give us great things to cheer about.. if only we have the patience to let him carry on...

Why not? We were missing out midfield most of the time anyway and there was very little creativity apart from Hume who could have helped in attacking midfield anyway.

I think the saying goes something like "Rome wasn't built in a day".

To be successful you need to form a group of individuals who are committed to the cause. Everyone within that group should bring different attributes to the setup which in turn contributes to this cause.

If CL isn't tactically clued up, he should bring someone in who is.

If CL can't motivate the team, he should bring someone in who is.

If CL isn't great at spotting players potential, he should bring someone in who is.

One man cannot be held purely responsible for the clubs current situation; all you can blame CL for bringing in the wrong people, if it was his decision (which I’m sure it was). If we only require backroom staff, then this shouldn’t be difficult to fix. I for one do not question the ability of the players we have at the club and I don’t believe Levein does either.

If the players are motivated to play, the natural footballing ability of some of the players should help steer us out of out current position.

What we must remember though is that one man does not make all the decisions for the club; it is a team effort at the end of the day.

It seems he cant win!

I think you'll find Hume is a very good header of the ball and de Vries isn't. Hume won a few in the air on saturday where as de Vries struggled in the air and always does, so that my friend cannot be used as a reason why Hume was taken off.

Having said that, Elvis did come on and score and for that reason Craig didn't look as foolish as first thought.

Why not? We were missing out midfield most of the time anyway and there was very little creativity apart from Hume who could have helped in attacking midfield anyway.

I dont know why he took Hume off, im just saying that there could be several reasons as to why he took off Hume and not MDV :

- maybe he thought Hume did as much as could be expected on his debut - and it was time to put someone else on.

- maybe he thought he was putting too much pressure on Hume and it was natural to protect him for his first few matches - its a harder league than he's used to and he wont adjust overnight..

- maybe he wanted to keep the big man alongside Hammond to provide height with one and pace with the other.

These are all possibilities Levein may have thought of when deciding who to take off. I'm not saying it was the worst decision, and I'm not saying it was the best one - I do know that it was an effective one as MDV apparently crossed for Hammond to equalise...

People seem to have it in for De Vries due to his poor start at the club. He's 200% the player he was last season.

Couldn't agree more. He's playing well, scoring and the brainless muppets that call themselves Leicester fans are still getting on his back. :blink:

Not much to De Vries's I thought that chant was aimed more at he took a striker off even though we were losing

Correct - or at least I hope so. We wshould have three up front with Hume in the "hole". MDV has been involved in a great many good things this season - goals and assists. He may be clumsy, and lousy on the air, but he's an awkward so-and-so who brings others into play and always gives 100 per cent even if it's not a very quick and not always a very pretty 100 per cent.

With two front-runners helping him he wouldn't need to be quick and he might find a bit more space so that he'd be even more effective.

Correct - or at least I hope so. We wshould have three up front with Hume in the "hole". MDV has been involved in a great many good things this season - goals and assists. He may be clumsy, and lousy on the air, but he's an awkward so-and-so who brings others into play and always gives 100 per cent even if it's not a very quick and not always a very pretty 100 per cent.

With two front-runners helping him he wouldn't need to be quick and he might find a bit more space so that he'd be even more effective.

You are so right. :thumbup::unsure::whistle::ph34r:

You don't need a third forward with midfielders like Hughes and Williams who should both be running onto balls from De Vries and getting into scoring positions. I think that's what Levein is after.

I think CL brought Elvis on for Iain to give him a chance to impress him. Hammond must have been fired up before he came on because he'd been dropped in place of Hume. He had to prove himself and I think he did.

To the person who said they don't think the backroom staff is right I would say it is. Rob Kelly is great with the young lads at the training ground and with the amount of younger lads in our squad, we'll soon see the rewards of his work. My only criticism is I think they've over-coached Paddy McCarthy. When he first joined us he was playing on instinct but now he seems to be thinking too much about what he's trying to do and therefore making errors.

Archived