Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sk3since03

Mafia 3

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I'm really interested in this game, screw the review, when one person writes something bad, all the arseholes speak up and follow suit. I think it looks great and cant wait to play it

Pretty much my feelings towards it also , just got so many games to play at the moment its unreal 

I would take the reviews with a pinch of salt tbh

It's a very story driven open world game. A lot of people expected it to be GTA in the 70's but it's a lot less mindless mayhem and a lot more like a third person shooter with a good story that just so happens to be in a big open city.

I bought the game last week on PS4 and have played about 20 hours. Have had zero crashes or technical issues, and I've been enjoying it

Just don't buy it thinking it's another Saints Row / GTA kill fest with ridiculous stunts, set pieces, and over the top customisation. The game tries to portray a realistic American city just after the Vietnam war, and it does it really well. If you like to invest in stories it's worth a look. It's got a lot of dialogue and cutscenes, which seems to have put some people off.

23 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I would take the reviews with a pinch of salt tbh

It's a very story driven open world game. A lot of people expected it to be GTA in the 70's but it's a lot less mindless mayhem and a lot more like a third person shooter with a good story that just so happens to be in a big open city.

I bought the game last week on PS4 and have played about 20 hours. Have had zero crashes or technical issues, and I've been enjoying it

Just don't buy it thinking it's another Saints Row / GTA kill fest with ridiculous stunts, set pieces, and over the top customisation. The game tries to portray a realistic American city just after the Vietnam war, and it does it really well. If you like to invest in stories it's worth a look. It's got a lot of dialogue and cutscenes, which seems to have put some people off.

How does it compare to Mafia 2? That game was almost perfect

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

How does it compare to Mafia 2? That game was almost perfect

I didn't play Mafia 2 tbh, this is the first one in the series I've bothered with. From what I've heard it takes what Mafia 2 did and does it better though. The only gripe might be that the story revolves around a Vietnam vet dealing with coming home and all the racism that existed in the country around that time, it's not your typical Italian gangster story, it's more of just a revenge story.

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

I didn't play Mafia 2 tbh, this is the first one in the series I've bothered with. From what I've heard it takes what Mafia 2 did and does it better though. The only gripe might be that the story revolves around a Vietnam vet dealing with coming home and all the racism that existed in the country around that time, it's not your typical Italian gangster story, it's more of just a revenge story.

Actually that's the part I'm most interested in lol. I recommend you get on to Mafia 2 after , if you can

Loved Mafia 2, probably my favourite game on PS3 at the time! Which is why i looked out for 3! Usually make my own judgement on new releases and ignore reviews but with the dodgy pc release i held off! Story sounds mad though so will be picking this up soon 

2 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Loved Mafia 2, probably my favourite game on PS2 at the time! Which is why i looked out for 3! Usually make my own judgement on new releases and ignore reviews but with the dodgy pc release i held off! Story sounds mad though so will be picking this up soon 

Wise TBF after the Batman Fiasco I'd hold off on anything on PC that's reviewed as technically unstable.

Plus you know, looks wank. 

Looking forward to trying it because I'll give any offspring of Mafia a go.  My worry is that it looks a bit like another perform x mission in y different locations, rinse, repeat jobby and it will end up being a let down like Mafia 2 was (not saying 2's a bad game but it definitely fell short of the first game in the series which was both longer and had more features to keep you engaged in caring about the game world beyond the few hours of main storyline despite being released 8 years prior - about the only thing 2 improved upon was the graphics which was to be expected... those of you raving about 2 really need to pick the first game up, you'll thank me for it).

I love the game, the story is fantastic and the music is brilliant. The combat and driving I really like, you can feel the weight of the cars you drive, I enjoy stealth games and this allows you to go in full stealth or all out gun fire so that is always good.

AI isn't good but that isn't great on these open world games anyway. I have it on PC and thankfully the patch was realised pretty quickly which fixed the sluggish feel, works perfectly fine on my PC when using unlimited FPS, no major issues at all. It is more of an action game rather than a GTA, so does get repetitive but still the combat and story is satisfying enough to keep you playing. I have played for 15hrs and would easily give it an 8.

Archived