Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition (PS4)

Arrived today.

Reached the first campfire about an hour or so in.  Great game so far, decent introduction, looking forward to seeing where this one goes.  Hopefully the added extras will improve the overall experience.

Having just finished the outstanding Uncharted 4, I'll try not to make too many comparisons.

Funnily enough I just started this yesterday on PC, it's pretty decent so far, But I agree that it isnt as good as the original Tomb Raider series. Puzzles in all these kind of games are always way to easy. I miss the thrill of beating St Francis' Folly

I'd say it's different to the original tomb raiders than worse myself. What it lacks in taxing puzzles it makes up for in far far superior combat mechanics (and story, if your into that) the combat in the originals was bloody awful. 

Have bought but I am yet to start, tonight could well be the night. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd say it's different to the original tomb raiders than worse myself. What it lacks in taxing puzzles it makes up for in far far superior combat mechanics (and story, if your into that) the combat in the originals was bloody awful. 

Have bought but I am yet to start, tonight could well be the night. 

Yeah, But I'm yet to perform a backwards somersault over a tiger while shooting dual pistols at it. Or fight a dinosaur, OR do a swan dive onto a hard floor just to hear her scream

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Yeah, But I'm yet to perform a backwards somersault over a tiger while shooting dual pistols at it. Or fight a dinosaur, OR do a swan dive onto a hard floor just to hear her scream

It more about the sound her neck made when it made contact with floor lol crunch. 

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

If that's your bag then just keep mashing the melee button. :ph34r:

On 10/14/2016 at 21:17, Legend_in_blue said:

I am liking it so far.  Although the stealth aspect is a little on the easy side in the first area.  I possibly should have chosen a higher difficulty setting but it's early days.

What are you on. 

I was intending on doing one run on survivor, as apparently the games not exactly difficult. 

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:55, Manwell Pablo said:

What are you on. 

I was intending on doing one run on survivor, as apparently the games not exactly difficult. 

Yes, go with that.

I am breezing through on tomb raider difficulty.  I'm not sure it'd pick up much more on survival.  The shooting mechanics are just slower than Uncharted and the AI is not as quick.

Of course this may change later on in the game but so far the wolves are far trickier to take out and move at pace.

The game is very good but coming off the back of Uncharted 4 it lacks that little bit of extra realism and pace.  It's slower all round.

• 2 weeks later...

So how are people finding this?

I'm just over halfway through having escaped the cathedral section.  Really enjoying it atm. 

Combat is still too easy though and the wealth of options available (all those arrow types, too many ammo crates, cans lying around etc.) makes it even easier.  Apart from that, it's good. 

On 11/5/2016 at 11:35, Legend_in_blue said:

So how are people finding this?

I'm just over halfway through having escaped the cathedral section.  Really enjoying it atm. 

Combat is still too easy though and the wealth of options available (all those arrow types, too many ammo crates, cans lying around etc.) makes it even easier.  Apart from that, it's good. 

You're on Tomb Raider difficulty to be fair, seems to be one of those games that benefits from playing on one of the higher levels.

Battlefield and FIFA have somewhat seen to my time with Tomb Raider for now unfortunately :( 

Archived