Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

15 minutes ago, erlee said:

i don't understand the gang of players baying for Musa's axing.. but what about Morgan? Huth.. Vardy??  shouldn't they stick a knife at these useless players as well.?

Morgan, Huth and Vardy were part of the Premier League champions team - and Vardy scored. If the players all turned on each other then it really is too late.

I don't know what the players think of Musa, but I'm willing to bet it isn't great. 

Edited by thursday_next

The article in the Guardian is clear that the players were pissed that he got in ahead of Gray in Seville and also that he suffered some sort of PTSD episode when he realised how intense and physical the Prem was compared to the Russian league and asked for a break .Looks like someone is briefing against him to the media 

48 minutes ago, the fox said:

Musa is the scapegoat, he is getting too much abuse, I saw improvement in his first touch in the last few game but his decision making is a little questionable but he will come good.

He'll never be good. Never at this level. There are some things that can't be improved. You don't learn to control a ball at this level, at this age. You can't buy a football brain. He's an overpriced championship player. The russians must be laughing their asses off.

Musa has been poor.... But from a certain school of thought (ranieris) he was right to start in Europe.... Perhaps not ahead of gray who has been our best player recently but maybe Albrighton....

Musa does have CL experience before and has played in world cup games.... So you can see why Ranieri picked him ahead of a less experienced player.

Tbh, vardy, huth, Morgan, drinky and Albrighton can hardly complain about musas performances or selection.... They were pretty poor themselves apart from that goal

Guest Col city fan
On 2/23/2017 at 17:03, dannythefox said:

No better than Lloyd Dyer infact probably worse.

Lloyd Dyer could play sensational games for this club. Musa has much less of an impact than Lloyd did.

15 minutes ago, erlee said:

So, ..he wasn't in the team..wasn't named on the bench

Shakey's notable exclusion.. if he is not on the teamsheet v Hull = he's frozen Ranieri -style

In all fairness he should be on the bench. We have Gray/Mahrez but still need someone for Albrighton.

But he should never ever start a game again unless the team got decimated.

If we can sell him to half of his price in the summer I'll shed tears of joy.

Shakespeare dropping him from the squad sums it up perfectly...a coach can see he is not good enough in any aspect of the game...a manager will blindly stick by players to justify their selection regardless...god knows why, but they do it over and over.

In 35 years watching he would rank in the top 5 worst players I've ever seen play for us...and there has been some absolute crap over the years!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

Shakespeare dropping him from the squad sums it up perfectly...a coach can see he is not good enough in any aspect of the game...a manager will blindly stick by players to justify their selection regardless...god knows why, but they do it over and over.

In 35 years watching he would rank in the top 5 worst players I've ever seen play for us...and there has been some absolute crap over the years!

Agreed, £5m let alone £15m would have been bad business. I just can't believe how abysmal he is. Easily one of the worst players I've seen down here in years. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps we should judge new players from this point ownwards. Last night was about the only time the whole lot of them haven't looked dog turd, put a new signing into that team performance and they'd get dragged along with the rest.

Agreed but I do think Musa is particularly poor. I'll reserve judgement on Mendy and Amartey until they have been played properly and in Amarteys case his favoured position. Ndidi though....What a player we have there. 

When someone signs, yes they may take a few games to get up to speed or put into games at the 70 minute mark to break in slowly.

But you can usually tell within that time if the player usually has something about them!

Ndidi has fitted straight in and looks a very good purchase in only a few games

Musa on the other hand, looks out of his depth, can't pass, doesn't utilise his pace on 1-1 situations and seems like a more expensive Jeffery!

I do feel sorry for the man. He's a big money signing and underperformed quite significantly, and I get the impression he isn't "one of the group" and as others have said him being frozen out is the final nail in his coffin. It's a shame because when he signed I was excited to see what he could bring 

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps we should judge new players from this point ownwards. Last night was about the only time the whole lot of them haven't looked dog turd, put a new signing into that team performance and they'd get dragged along with the rest.

Given he wasn't even on the bench last night if Shaky does get the job I doubt we'll be seeing much more of Musa.

On 25/02/2017 at 18:44, Col city fan said:

Lloyd Dyer could play sensational games for this club. Musa has much less of an impact than Lloyd did.

Agreed, don't be dissing Lloyd Dyer one of our most underrated players and a big part of the championship title win.I think Musa gets another chance,don't write him off just yet.